The Mogg is circling...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Newmarket

Re: The Mogg is circling...

Post by Newmarket » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:20 am

So what’s happening with this ? Have we left yet ?

I get all my Brexit latest from you lot and it seems to have gone very quiet?
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:32 am

Newmarket wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:20 am

It's still happening mate on October 31st.

Sorry I've been quiet on the subject but I've been fucking busy ferrying ragheads ashore in my RIB at deserted beaches before French plod get the nod.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:36 am

Me, I fucked off back in March....don't no what all the fuss is about.... :lol:
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:23 am

I hope it's not extended.

Albanians are paying me top dollar right now.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:39 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:32 am
Newmarket wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:20 am

Sorry I've been quiet on the subject but I've been fucking busy ferrying ragheads ashore in my RIB at deserted beaches before French plod get the nod.
How much do you charge to go the other way?
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:06 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:39 pm
palerider wrote:

:lol: :lol:
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:39 pm
palerider wrote:

P and O would be cheaper than Mr P I spect mate....

But get in before 31st...cos there'll be a 17 day wait on the A2 to get over to Frogland after... :lol:
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:03 am

One thing that stands out for me in all this...something I've always believed,well for a long time
anyway....how the word Democracy is used...it's meaning..

People who sit on what we call the Left of politics...I now include the Libs in this,alongside
SNP....(Left and Right is a stupid phrase..but it's what we use)

When they refer to Democracy it refers to Parliament....Democracy within the house,or
within their own party....listen to them talk it's always referring to a Parliamentary Democracy
not a Peoples Democracy,which it should be.....Hence why we have 2/3rds of the Labour Party..
the Libs have come out of the closet on it....SNP goes without saying,will over turn,a Peoples
Democratic vote...if they don't agree with it...

It's one of the Major reasons I don't share their opinions and views....it's being borne out in this
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:50 am

mkhammer wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:03 am
One thing that stands out for me in all this...something I've always believed,well for a long time

People who sit on what we call the Left of politics...I now include the Libs in this,alongside

When they refer to Democracy it refers to Parliament....Democracy within the house,or
within their own party....listen to them talk it's always referring to a Parliamentary Democracy
not a Peoples Democracy,which it should be.....Hence why we have 2/3rds of the Labour Party..
the Libs have come out of the closet on it....SNP goes without saying,will over turn,a Peoples

It's one of the Major reasons I don't share their opinions and views....it's being borne out in this
What we have is a parliamentary democracy. That's how government works.
If by people's democracy you're referring to referenda? In actuality they tend to be advisory, and as such are subservient to the will of Parliament, not vice versa.

As for opinions and policy? People are entitled to their own.
The utter shambles that has been Brexit thus far is down to one party, and one party alone. And its not Labour or the Lib Dems.
What we should take from this is that our current system, and the politicians it promotes, are entirely unfit for purpose.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:03 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:50 am
mkhammer wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:03 am

What we have is a parliamentary democracy. That's how government works.
If by people's democracy you're referring to referenda? In actuality they tend to be advisory, and as such are subservient to the will of Parliament, not vice versa.

As for opinions and policy? People are entitled to their own.
The utter shambles that has been Brexit thus far is down to one party, and one party alone. And its not Labour or the Lib Dems.
What we should take from this is that our current system, and the politicians it promotes, are entirely unfit for purpose.
Government must Govern at the will of the the people...that's why we have elections...we are
not a communist country were you don't....it's not a self electing system...Parliament and every MP
in it is answerable to the Voters,and is there because we the "People" say so.

But you've actually hit the nail on the head there mate.....we would both be sitting on different
sides of the house...if god forbid me and you were in Parliament.... :lol:

You see Parliament making all the fundamental decisions...which is correct,that's what they are there
for...However that ceases to be the way after a Public Mandate..then the will of the Voter MUST
be upheld....But your side would be saying No,as they are....We have the right to overturn it,stop,
ignore it....that's not democracy.

This is not up for Argument/discussion for me....it's not the Conservatives that are responsible
for the failures so far...purely and simply it's been the "Other sides" agenda from day one to
use this to get themselves on the other side of the house...absolutely disgraceful..

Early doors they freely said they would vote against any deal put to Parliament...even Mays deal
that pretty much was as good as it could get for Remainers......why do you think So many leavers
were not happy with it.

A referendum..........Advisory....Bloody hell mate...never has been...never will,as this one will
be adhered to...as we'll find out....

A Change in the Parliamentary system,I prob agree with now....Would involve a system whereby
an MP Cannot vote against his/hers Constituents wishes.....
0 x

Social Media