Paris riots

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
FlatCapDave
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:36 am
x 14
x 9

Re: Paris riots

Post by FlatCapDave » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:36 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:45 pm
I genuinely do not remember that happening. When was it ?
Wasn't it 2011? The Alternative Vote referendum? The whole "One person, one Vote" carry-on? It was supposed to reduce the number of safe seats, making MP's work harder in theory, and should see virtually all successful MP's voted in with over 50% of the vote.

Moving to AV was backed by virtually every major political party with the exception of the conservatives (and the DUP and BNP)

The British public voted against the change, choosing to retain FPTP with 67.9% of the vote.
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:45 pm
n any case how can it be democratic if we get a Goverment like Blair’s with a massive majority in the house but a minority of votes at the ballot box? That isn’t a dig at Blair btw, simply referencing the fact that was the biggest landslide in seats I can recall.

Equally how can it be fair that UKIP polled massively in one or two elections but were not represented in the house despite their support in terms of total votes.
It's democratic because we've had the chance to change it and as a nation we chose not to.

As far as us being a country of "weak people," I disagree. I think people vote as they do because for the most part they're doing okay in life. Those suffering are a minority, and that is shown in voting patterns.
0 x

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 10033
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 307
x 178

Re: Paris riots

Post by Newmarket » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:44 am

I too have no recollection of any referendum that would have resulted in Proportional Representation .

Maybe that’s why we are still stuck with this mess .

Nobody knew about it 😂
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

User avatar
eastcoastclaret
Posts: 1205
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 2:54 pm
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too
x 93
x 13

Re: Paris riots

Post by eastcoastclaret » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:41 am

Damned if I too could remember either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Unit ... referendum
0 x
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 3666
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 106
x 107

Re: Paris riots

Post by mkhammer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:58 am

Funny things Elections......Theresa May polled exactly the same amount of votes,and percentage
of votes as in Blairs 97"Landslide"

Yet everyone wanted to suck him off......And Mays useless tart......Funny game..... :lol:
0 x

User avatar
h69
Posts: 3151
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
x 118
x 87

Re: Paris riots

Post by h69 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:50 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:03 pm
FlatCapDave wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:32 pm


Didn't we also get the chance to vote for a change to the electoral system not that long ago? The people had their say on changing the current system and decided against, so that is democracy.
Sorry,we have a country with weak people.The rich have made millions/billions through Tory policy,while the normal working people have had to suffer.

I an no socialist or lefty,but they have created a very unfair society.
And what you have in France is the opposite. Lets share everything around so everyone has to pay shit loads more tax to fund the cunts that cant be bothered or the immigrants coming into the country. Fair my arse.

I agree that Le Pen could well get in next time, it was quite close last time. If we had gone to the EU with her in charge of France it would have been a very different Brexit.

Amazing that despite being bullied by the EU and messing up our exit from the EU, May's popularity is now at its highest since she came to power. Its a funny old game.

Problem with this country is that too many people will just vote Conservative or Labour because they always traditionally did. They dont look at the parties and vote for the best one or the best policies. Until that happens, there will always be 2 parties with any hope of getting into power and both are currently too far from the centre.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

User avatar
Вест Хам
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:49 am
x 2
x 2

Re: Paris riots

Post by Вест Хам » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:59 am

A proper cause that I support, and even though I would rather support Macron than Le Pen, he's mismanaged his population's complains and issues.

However, it's easily become a clusterfuck for far-right, far-left, criminals and overly aggressive French twats looting, stealing and vandalizing people who are suffering the same hardships as them.
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 3344
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 248
x 295

Re: Paris riots

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:07 pm

Вест Хам wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:59 am
A proper cause that I support, and even though I would rather support Macron than Le Pen, he's mismanaged his population's complains and issues.

However, it's easily become a clusterfuck for far-right, far-left, criminals and overly aggressive French twats looting, stealing and vandalizing people who are suffering the same hardships as them.
Nature of the beast, mate. There are, were and always will be, a very healthy number of people willing to exploit social unrest for their own ends.
Arson, robbery, violence for its own sake, pick your poison.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Post Reply

Social Media