Joe Cole

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Joe Cole

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 am

Gonzo wrote:I think it's always difficult for those who are blessed with natural gifts to try and coach/teach people who are less talented.

Frank Lampard for example worked and trained himself into the the player he is. I was watching and interview with Eddie Hearn the other day and he was at the same school as Frank. He said that even as a kid he was training after school and doing shuttle runs and repetition drills.

Someone like Lampard would know exactly what it takes to make it as a player through training and could impart that onto young lads (although I'm not suggesting as a West Ham coach but it's an example).

Joe Cole was a naturally gifted lad who had that ability to think quickly and do something with the ball that was not necessarily coached but he'd been doing since he was 5 years old in the garden.

Gazza, Maradona, Best, Marsh or whoever could do what they wanted with a football but I'm quite sure would wonder what the fuck was going on with a bunch of lads who struggled to dribble around some cones.

When Glenn Hoddle was England manager he was running freekick drills. I think it was Jamie Redknapp that told the story but Hoddle just could not fathom whey the players at his disposal could not regularly dispatch the dead-ball into the top corner. Apparently he did not coach them how to do it, he just curled three in himself and said "That's how it's done" then ditched the drill.

Anyway, I'd imagine that someone like Jack Collison who has had his career cut short and has done his coaching badges would have a lot more to offer than Cole.

Love him or hate him,Frank is the perfect example of not having the ability of some players,but working to make yourself better.Harry Kane has done just that.They're are plenty of players that waste that talent.Ronaldo had it,but he also worked hard to get better and is now known has one of the greatest players ever to kick a ball.
Many English players take the money and don`t try to improve.their game.They`d rather spend time with friends or go out on the piss,than put in extra sessions.Maybe,that`s why we haven`t got a decent International team that can match the best.
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:26 am

Every club he joined was a club he supported as a boy. :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

LondonWelsh

Postby LondonWelsh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Taansend wrote:He's loving it here. I'm moving to within 2 miles of the Tampa Bay Rowdies ground next month so will be going to games.

He's the captain and playing excellently - although at 3rd division level.

But he lives in an amazing town.

This article has some mistakes but it's more about his life in Florida

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/sun-goal ... ta8bk1x78g

I'm sure Joe is quite happy where he is. Those 'Wowdies' were fine looking women and that hooped sleeve kit is pretty fly too.

I bet the lifestyle and climate apart from the odd vicious hurricane is great for the body and the soul. But I don't understand why the old NASL franchises such as the Rowdies and Cosmos are not included within the MLS???
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:46 pm

LondonWelsh wrote:
Taansend wrote:He's loving it here. I'm moving to within 2 miles of the Tampa Bay Rowdies ground next month so will be going to games.

I'm sure Joe is quite happy where he is. Those 'Wowdies' were fine looking women and that hooped sleeve kit is pretty fly too.

I bet the lifestyle and climate apart from the odd vicious hurricane is great for the body and the soul. But I don't understand why the old NASL franchises such as the Rowdies and Cosmos are not included within the MLS???

I think they'll be in it next year. Something to do with an MLS expansion and franchises
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:51 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:I think it's always difficult for those who are blessed with natural gifts to try and coach/teach people who are less talented.

Frank Lampard for example worked and trained himself into the the player he is. I was watching and interview with Eddie Hearn the other day and he was at the same school as Frank. He said that even as a kid he was training after school and doing shuttle runs and repetition drills.

Someone like Lampard would know exactly what it takes to make it as a player through training and could impart that onto young lads (although I'm not suggesting as a West Ham coach but it's an example).

Joe Cole was a naturally gifted lad who had that ability to think quickly and do something with the ball that was not necessarily coached but he'd been doing since he was 5 years old in the garden.

Gazza, Maradona, Best, Marsh or whoever could do what they wanted with a football but I'm quite sure would wonder what the fuck was going on with a bunch of lads who struggled to dribble around some cones.

When Glenn Hoddle was England manager he was running freekick drills. I think it was Jamie Redknapp that told the story but Hoddle just could not fathom whey the players at his disposal could not regularly dispatch the dead-ball into the top corner. Apparently he did not coach them how to do it, he just curled three in himself and said "That's how it's done" then ditched the drill.

Anyway, I'd imagine that someone like Jack Collison who has had his career cut short and has done his coaching badges would have a lot more to offer than Cole.

Love him or hate him,Frank is the perfect example of not having the ability of some players,but working to make yourself better.Harry Kane has done just that.They're are plenty of players that waste that talent.Ronaldo had it,but he also worked hard to get better and is now known has one of the greatest players ever to kick a ball.
Many English players take the money and don`t try to improve.their game.They`d rather spend time with friends or go out on the piss,than put in extra sessions.Maybe,that`s why we haven`t got a decent International team that can match the best.

Ravel Morrison a case in point.

They say Football is 20% talent and 80% Application and Effort
2 x

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:13 pm

LondonWelsh wrote:

People like him don't have to worry about vicious hurricanes, they're seldom a surprise & they tend to just fly out before it hits. Its the rest of us that gets fucked!
1 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:59 pm

Hammertime wrote:
LondonWelsh wrote:

People like him don't have to worry about vicious hurricanes, they're seldom a surprise & they tend to just fly out before it hits. Its the rest of us that gets fucked!

Talking of hurricanes, this season set a record. 10 in 10 weeks.
0 x

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:50 pm

Taansend wrote:
Hammertime wrote:
LondonWelsh wrote:

Talking of hurricanes, this season set a record. 10 in 10 weeks.

Perfectly normal mate, just nature's way of saying hello and in no way related to humans warming the climate! In other news, know of anyone hocking a used generator?!!!
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”