Sakho. One more chance?

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: Sakho. One more chance?

Post by Castiron » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:48 pm

I am sure he was quoted as saying we are a stepping stone for a move to bigger clubs when he joined us. I can't find it, but I think Black diamond will back me on this?
0 x

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:52 pm

Castiron wrote:I am sure he was quoted as saying we are a stepping stone for a move to bigger clubs when he joined us. I can't find it, but I think Black diamond will back me on this?
Now that you mention it, I seem to recall that but like you can't remember where and when.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:12 pm

eskimo joe wrote:
Castiron wrote:I am sure he was quoted as saying we are a stepping stone for a move to bigger clubs when he joined us. I can't find it, but I think Black diamond will back me on this?
Now that you mention it, I seem to recall that but like you can't remember where and when.
I remember saying at the time the lad has got ambition, but basically laughed it off. Then when he started scoring for fun, I made a major backtrack. It was on Hammersmad. :o
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:18 pm

I would say that probably 90% of footballers would jump at a move to bigger and better things given the chance so don't have any issues with that at all.
It's the way they conduct themselves in the process that separates the "OKs" from the "cunts".

With Sak he's just been a bit childish wanting to play all the time. Yes if he went to WBA it's probably true he'd get more game time than at WHU but hopefully the whole experience was a bit of humbling one and he'll come back kicking and fighting for his place.

Not sure he'll have a long-term career with us but at least if he can replicate his best form for long enough to sign someone else.......
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Olas1

Post by Olas1 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:22 pm

He will struggle to make the first team Carroll, Carelli, Ayew will all be in front of him, and dare I say Valancia too. I suspect he may get a chance to warm the bench, some EFL appearances at best, and possibly a last minute move on transfer deadline day.
Watch this space!
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:29 pm

I think he's the best striker at the club and certainly takes up the best positions in the box of any of our forwards.

Neither us have a choice . . . . . we have to make it work so hopefully he'll sort his head out and show a good attitude when he does play.
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:45 pm

ToneLoc wrote:Interesting to read this......
http://www.claretandhugh.info/irons-wak ... -the-club/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally I'm a big Sakho fan and although he's not a prolific scorer I think he brings a lot of pace and energy to our attack.

Yes he's been a complete twat but I think he's worth a second chance. Many may disagree but that's my take anyway. I believe in always giving people a second chance.
Third chance? No fuck him. But he's good enough imo so that we can bite our bottom lips and, like a stormy marriage try to make it work.
I'm not sure I would put it quite like that - but using your analogy,it's the sex part that worries me
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:50 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Interesting to read this......
http://www.claretandhugh.info/irons-wak ... -the-club/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally I'm a big Sakho fan and although he's not a prolific scorer I think he brings a lot of pace and energy to our attack.

Yes he's been a complete twat but I think he's worth a second chance. Many may disagree but that's my take anyway. I believe in always giving people a second chance.
Third chance? No fuck him. But he's good enough imo so that we can bite our bottom lips and, like a stormy marriage try to make it work.
I'm not sure I would put it quite like that - but using your analogy,it's the sex part that worries me
Know what I mean eh nudge nudge ?
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Porterman

Post by Porterman » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:59 pm

Think this is just another (horrible example) of the power players have in today's game sadly.

WHAT OPTIONS DO WE HAVE AS A CLUB?!

WE AR E PAYING HIM whether he plays football for us or not!!!

If he doesn't play he sits in a stand and takes the money anyway!!!

If we want to get any decent money for him then him playing( and preferably doing well) is the only way to go with that!!!

Can you imagine in any other walk of life where an employee effectively " withholds their labour" whilst DEMANDING they get full pay and then were ALLOWED TO WALK AWAY and change employer at the end of it without repercussions?!!

If you can let me know where there a job like that!!

It's another of the reasons why more and more people are becoming distanced from their clubs and the game in general!!!
0 x

deanox

Post by deanox » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:44 pm

eskimo joe wrote:
Newmarket wrote:The grumpy ones tuppence worth :lol:

It's not his second chance though is it ?

He got his second chance after he threw a wobbler before the Arsenal game .
This will be his 3rd chance .

I like Sakho as a player , our best striker by a mile imo and without his childish tantrums would be in my starting line up every week.

However if he gets himself fit and his sale finances the arrival of the goal scorer we require then offski .
Well I got a feeling we is gonna stop looking for another striker annd resume after x-mas and look to offload Sakho then.

What would I do knowing he's staying?! The above and play him when needed in the league games and use him in the cups. A bit like Rudolph has been.

"We've signed Rudolph!!! :o
Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (5.91 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Social Media