Kouyate sold?

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Kouyate sold?

Post by Towie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:39 pm

Sky reporting Kouyate sold to palace.

Good luck Cheik, you’ll need it at Palace.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

andyginbrasil

Re: Kouyate sold?

Post by andyginbrasil » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:14 am

That will come back to bite us in the arse......as per usual kickimmuts
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:16 am

Towie wrote:Sky reporting Kouyate sold to palace.

Good luck Cheik, you’ll need it at Palace.
They lost their first seven games and only won one of their first 11 but after Hodgson got his style onto the team they averaged 1.48 points per game.

This would have given them 7th place if implemented over the whole season.

Obviously this doesn't mean they would have got that but they weren't a bad team under Hodgson. He's an excellent manager with this size team.

I think they'll be one of our rivals for that magical 7th place (although I'm daydreaming of higher).
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:49 am

No big loss really. He's been quite poor for a while now.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

FatPigIron

Post by FatPigIron » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:46 am

Brookbonds73 wrote:No big loss really. He's been quite poor for a while now.
He used to be so cheerful and laughing in everything. Eventually, he got v disillusioned when Slav made him play at RB a few times. I think he'd been heavily influenced by sour-puss Sakho, and even Ayew. He markedly improved once they had gone IMO.I liked him, but maybe he's become a bit light-weight/surplus to requirements compared to what we are aiming for now. But at 11-12mil for him seems very low...Grrrrr
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:47 am

Wish the cart horse well. Nice guy who gives his all and maybe Palace will re-light his inner passion for the game.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:50 am

I agree he has been mainly poor for a long time now.But I thought his first two seasons for us,he done a more than reasonable job.

But I am not sure £9.5 million for a 28 year old with his experience is good business?Surely he should be worth 15 million+ in today’s market?Or am I just looking through my claret and blue business specks here :shock:
0 x

FatPigIron

Post by FatPigIron » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:50 am

andyginbrasil wrote:That will come back to bite us in the arse......as per usual kickimmuts
Wouldn't be surprised! Wouldn't that be just SO WHU? Wilshire gets injured etc....Sad to see him go, but maybe he's become a bit light-weight/surplus to requirements compared to what we are aiming for now. But at 11-12mil for him seems very low...Grrrrr
0 x

FatPigIron

Post by FatPigIron » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:54 am

JustLikeMyDreams wrote:I agree he has been mainly poor for a long time now.But I thought his first two seasons for us,he done a more than reasonable job.

But I am not sure £9.5 million for a 28 year old with his experience is good business?Surely he should be worth 15 million+ in today’s market?Or am I just looking through my claret and blue business specks here :shock:
I agree, mate. Seems far too low. Why does WHU let good players go on the cheap? V annoying.

IMO, for much of last season, he was Chateau Shit-house, but massively improved once sour-puss Sakho and Ayew had left. I thought he was v good for last 1/4 of the season. Bit sad to see him go after his 1st 2 seasons with us, but hey, maybe it's because we're stepping up a gear.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:56 am

FatPigIron wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:That will come back to bite us in the arse......as per usual kickimmuts
Wouldn't be surprised! Wouldn't that be just SO WHU? Wilshire gets injured etc....Sad to see him go, but maybe he's become a bit light-weight/surplus to requirements compared to what we are aiming for now. But at 11-12mil for him seems very low...Grrrrr
I thought 10 Million was a decent price. The guy cannot shoot. His long range passing is poor and sometimes he isnt up to the pace of the game.
For me he has never been a midfield player, he got away with it at Upton park with Roberto Song alongside and Noble in the best form of his career.This guy is a center back.Our Midfield last 2 seasons has been piss poor.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Social Media