Samir Nasri latest: West Ham determined to play hardball on any contract

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Re: Samir Nasri latest: West Ham determined to play hardball on any contract

Post by palerider » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:16 pm

I'm sitting on the fence on this one and I'll trust Pellegrini's judgement.

But if it was me (assuming that is I was still 31 and had been blessed with some talent), and someone was prepared to pay me 80k a week as long as I got in shape, I'd be putting a camp bed up in the gym.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:14 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:16 pm
I'm sitting on the fence on this one and I'll trust Pellegrini's judgement.

But if it was me (assuming that is I was still 31 and had been blessed with some talent), and someone was prepared to pay me 80k a week as long as I got in shape, I'd be putting a camp bed up in the gym.
We have to trust Pellegrini. That's why he is paid the big bucks. If it goes tits up it's down to him, if it comes off he gets the brownie points. Hopefully if we do sign him the 18 months out of the game won't have put him back too much because he was a bloody good player at Arsenal and City. And we are unlikely to see anything of Wilshere this season, if ever, it appears.
2 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

deanox

Post by deanox » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Pelle seems to be getting the best out of players (when fit). Wilshere is a bust and was always a gamble (an expensive one at that) Nasri had talent and if Pelle can get Snodgrass playing his best football then Im sure he can revive Nasris career too.
The only thing I don't understand is why cant we put him on a pay per play contract, doesn't play 40k, plays but we don't win 50k, plays and we win 60k, plays and we win and he assists in a goal 70k and if we win and he scores 80k...simple realy when you think about it..take it or fucking leave it 8-)
1 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:54 pm

As much as I think this is a waste of money, Nasri is a much better fit for Pelle's style of play than Wilshere.
No matter what system Pellegrini plays I just don't see how Wilshere fits in.
Not attacking enough for one of the three in a 4231, not defensive enough to be part of the two. He just isn't the kind of box to box midfielder we need to replace Noble in the 442/4222. At least with Nasri you get some versatility and (on average) more goals and assists.

For me Wilshere personifies the problems with Wenger's Arsenal. Style over substance.
Yes he looks good, but there's very little effective end product. Not enough goals and assists for an AM, nowhere near enough key passes for a creative midfielder, and the same goes tackles and interceptions.
The stats say it all, a goal or an assist in every fifth game, and on average less than one key pass per game. If he's not running himself into the ground or tackling his socks off -- which he isn't -- that's poor for a £100k a week player.
3 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:26 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:54 pm
As much as I think this is a waste of money, Nasri is a much better fit for Pelle's style of play than Wilshere.
No matter what system Pellegrini plays I just don't see how Wilshere fits in.
Not attacking enough for one of the three in a 4231, not defensive enough to be part of the two. He just isn't the kind of box to box midfielder we need to replace Noble in the 442/4222. At least with Nasri you get some versatility and (on average) more goals and assists.

For me Wilshere personifies the problems with Wenger's Arsenal. Style over substance.
Yes he looks good, but there's very little effective end product. Not enough goals and assists for an AM, nowhere near enough key passes for a creative midfielder, and the same goes tackles and interceptions.
The stats say it all, a goal or an assist in every fifth game, and on average less than one key pass per game. If he's not running himself into the ground or tackling his socks off -- which he isn't -- that's poor for a £100k a week player.
Bang on 100% agree . And pretty much everybody could see that except Pinky and Perky.

You watch Carroll get another contract too .
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:01 pm

West Ham to make decision on Samir Nasri signing next week, Manuel Pellegrini reveals
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 22871.html
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Hammertime wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:07 pm
I do feel for Pelle, the fact that he's even considering Nasri is a clear sign that he is lacking the players he needs to institute his style on this team and he's looking for cheap, alternative gambles to achieve it. No doubt that if he'd been able to work a full season thus far with Lanzini, Yarma and Wilshire, this kind of nonsense wouldn't even be necessary. It's also making it increasingly clear that the owners won't go any further in this market for real quality unless a loan or a fat underachieving bastard becomes available!
More likely that a good alternative would not be available in Jan. It is rare anyone decent is for a reasonable fee.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:16 pm

Hammertime wrote:
I do feel for Pelle, the fact that he's even considering Nasri is a clear sign that he is lacking the players he needs to institute his style on this team and he's looking for cheap, alternative gambles to achieve it. No doubt that if he'd been able to work a full season thus far with Lanzini, Yarma and Wilshire, this kind of nonsense wouldn't even be necessary. It's also making it increasingly clear that the owners won't go any further in this market for real quality unless a loan or a fat underachieving bastard becomes available!
Of course he's lacking the players to complete the jigsaw. He's lost Yarmolenko and Sanchez, both his signings, to long term injuries. Add that to Wilshere ,who he was probably expecting to be available and play a key part in his team, and Lanzini who he would have realised was out for this season at least and I think we can see, all things considered, he's done a very decent job in the short time he's been in charge.

Those players, with the exception of Wilshere, will almost certainly be available next season so any business in January will probably be seen as temporary. And Nasri will cost a lot less than Wilshere (and if Nasri recaptures anything like his Arsenal/City form will be a more effective player) who looks at the moment as though he will have his own spot in the treatment room for his stay with us.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:25 pm

West Ham transfer EXCLUSIVE: January deal 'a bit of a no brainer' - pundit raves about ace
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... ll+Feed%29
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:16 pm
Hammertime wrote:
Of course he's lacking the players to complete the jigsaw. He's lost Yarmolenko and Sanchez, both his signings, to long term injuries. Add that to Wilshere ,who he was probably expecting to be available and play a key part in his team, and Lanzini who he would have realised was out for this season at least and I think we can see, all things considered, he's done a very decent job in the short time he's been in charge.

Those players, with the exception of Wilshere, will almost certainly be available next season so any business in January will probably be seen as temporary. And Nasri will cost a lot less than Wilshere (and if Nasri recaptures anything like his Arsenal/City form will be a more effective player) who looks at the moment as though he will have his own spot in the treatment room for his stay with us.
goodpost:)

I take a bet also that Nasri is looking forward to teaming back up with Pellegrini. Now if Pelle can get a 90% Nasri firing :idea: for us then it would be gr8 business. Watch this space!
Obviously , being out of action for so long is a huge negative. Would probably take 4 games to get match sharp once fit/.
But if by the end of the season he is showing his old form , then he would be a gem of a find for next season alongside Lanzini and Rice.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Social Media