Modern life is rubbish.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Modern life is rubbish.

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:02 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46660373

This is madness. Imagine anyone suggesting LGBT actors not being allowed to play 'straight' roles.

This isn't PC culture, it's extremist ideology.
The term 'PC' was adopted as shorthand for fairness. A quick way of referencing the idea that everyone should be treated EQUALLY.
The kind of insanity we're seeing daily is not politically correct. It's an ideology that massively overcorrects any perception of unfairness in society.

An actor's sexuality should have absolutely no bearing on any character they are chosen to play, and vice versa.
The cynic in me thinks that this actor is just a virtue signalling attention seeker, but sadly it's equally likely he actually believes the nonsense he's spewing.
2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BlackDiamond

Re: Modern life is rubbish.

Post by BlackDiamond » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:31 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:02 pm

This is madness. Imagine anyone suggesting LGBT actors not being allowed to play 'straight' roles.

The term 'PC' was adopted as shorthand for fairness. A quick way of referencing the idea that everyone should be treated EQUALLY.
The kind of insanity we're seeing daily is not politically correct. It's an ideology that massively overcorrects any perception of unfairness in society.

An actor's sexuality should have absolutely no bearing on any character they are chosen to play, and vice versa.
The cynic in me thinks that this actor is just a virtue signalling attention seeker, but sadly it's equally likely he actually believes the nonsense he's spewing.
He was particularly good in his latest role and that was the second time he has portrayed a homosexual. So it might be more about him not wishing to be typecast. A subtle reminder to desist from sending him gay scripts etc.

After all, nobody - yet - is advocating only convicted murderers should play killers or only authentic paedophiles should play child molesters.

Acting is after all, character portrayal and the whole point of it - usually - is to pretend to be somebody your not.
1 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:01 am

BlackDiamond wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:31 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:02 pm

He was particularly good in his latest role and that was the second time he has portrayed a homosexual. So it might be more about him not wishing to be typecast. A subtle reminder to desist from sending him gay scripts etc.

After all, nobody - yet - is advocating only convicted murderers should play killers or only authentic paedophiles should play child molesters.

Acting is after all, character portrayal and the whole point of it - usually - is to pretend to be somebody your not.
The actor seems very specific about his reasoning in that article -- 'he doesn't want to deprive gay actors of roles'.
We've also seen in the news actors condemned for, and even pressured into giving up, trans or gay roles.
It's a slippery slope in my opinion, replacing one kind of discrimination with another. When people start demanding equality of outcome rather than equality of opportunity we should all be concerned.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Noni

Post by Noni » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Personally I'm not a fan of the gay scene. I do realize that modern technology has discovered a mix up in our own chromosomes that make people gay. Voices are a good give away in men and women like to dress up as men with short hair cuts.

However, I do think drugs has somewhat impacted gayness in the modern times.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:39 am

Noni wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:51 pm

I've gotta ask, mate. How?
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:28 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:39 am
Noni wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Sorry for the delay. Canadian time difference :D

Been to a few mates places both UK and Canada and found amongst friends, they tend to get fruity after a few drinks and smoking a few. At this point I tend to leave. I've never taken drugs in my life. Though that green leafy thing seems the most healthy and I believe it's now prescribed. ;) ...
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:44 pm

Noni wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:28 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:

Been to a few mates places both UK and Canada and found amongst friends, they tend to get fruity after a few drinks and smoking a few. At this point I tend to leave. I've never taken drugs in my life. Though that green leafy thing seems the most healthy and I believe it's now prescribed. ;) ...
Well if your friends as you put it,tend to get a bit "fruity" after a few drinks and smokes, then...perhaps this is them, in their relaxed nature and not under the persuasion of "drugs"...so we can't basically blame the pharma industry on this occasion...
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:50 pm

Noni wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:28 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:

You bloody killjoy.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:25 pm

0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:53 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:25 pm
More of this shit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46793406
Madness. The concept of acting is lost on people at the BBC. Fuck knows who they are ever going to cast if they make a series about outer space
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Social Media