West Ham considering move for Newcastle United midfielder Jonjo Shelvey as Manuel Pellegrini eyes reinforcements in Janu

Chat about anything football related here!
Hammertime

Re: West Ham considering move for Newcastle United midfielder Jonjo Shelvey as Manuel Pellegrini eyes reinforcements in

Post by Hammertime » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:19 pm

Well a "stupid price" would suggest Rafa rates him. From what I've seen he's very tidy on the ball, good passer and I would love to see him next to Rice, looking to get the ball forward to Anderson, Nasri, Antonio & whoever's playing striker.

No offense to Newcastle, but Ashley hasn't allowed Rafa to spend on the attacking talent to the extent we have & I think we'd see a lot more out of Shelvey than they do.
0 x
Patriotism, like celibacy, can be carried too far!

Hammertime

Re: West Ham considering move for Newcastle United midfielder Jonjo Shelvey as Manuel Pellegrini eyes reinforcements in

Post by Hammertime » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:40 pm

palerider wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:17 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:12 pm

Some of the press seem to think he'll be glad to get rid. All rumour of course. But they could do with a tall striker who speaks the lingo.
You wish :lol: :lol:

The only chance I reckon is if they up their offer for Almiron and need the readies.
Almiron will have to be sold or put Atlanta Utd in an awkward position. They've already lined up his replacement and although haven't inked him yet, Pity Martinez is coming to the club. That puts them over the 3 Designated Player rule in MLS and over the spending cap, meaning they'd have to loan or sell one of the other 3. The most likely of those 3 would be a loan deal for Ezequiel Barco as he's still 18 and developing, but he just got crocked playing for Argentina's u-20 and is unlikely to be fit for the opening of the season. This puts Atlanta in a must sell mode and if the player is being difficult about wages, look for some kind of transfer fee off-setting before the window shuts.
0 x
Patriotism, like celibacy, can be carried too far!

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:19 pm

Hammertime wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:40 pm
palerider wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:17 pm

You wish :lol: :lol:

The only chance I reckon is if they up their offer for Almiron and need the readies.
Almiron will have to be sold or put Atlanta Utd in an awkward position. They've already lined up his replacement and although haven't inked him yet, Pity Martinez is coming to the club. That puts them over the 3 Designated Player rule in MLS and over the spending cap, meaning they'd have to loan or sell one of the other 3. The most likely of those 3 would be a loan deal for Ezequiel Barco as he's still 18 and developing, but he just got crocked playing for Argentina's u-20 and is unlikely to be fit for the opening of the season. This puts Atlanta in a must sell mode and if the player is being difficult about wages, look for some kind of transfer fee off-setting before the window shuts.
I know nothing about Almiron.

Is he worth a punt for ourselves ?
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:23 pm

palerider wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:19 pm
Hammertime wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Almiron ? The topless beach is worth a look but the smell from the drains can be quite unpleasant.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:31 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:23 pm
palerider wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:19 pm

Almiron ? The topless beach is worth a look but the smell from the drains can be quite unpleasant.
I was sure there must be a place of that name but can't find one.

It is the name of a popular baby milk though.
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:51 pm

palerider wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:31 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

FFS I jumped on here to read the latest posts about Jonjo Shelvey and I get this :lol:
You love a bit of digression you fuckers :lol:
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:56 pm

palerider wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Someone posted a transfer target who had a name like the places you see in holiday adverts. There was a bloke who played for Watford as well----Mariappa. Lovely beach. But be careful when you say "lovely beach" particularly in Spanish speaking lands. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:08 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:51 pm
palerider wrote:

FFS I jumped on here to read the latest posts about Jonjo Shelvey and I get this :lol:
Dai Gression.

Up and coming Welsh centre half. Go get him dwarf.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:16 pm

palerider wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:08 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:51 pm

Dai Gression.

If the dwarf's involved we're more likely to end up with Juan Kerr or Isaac Hunt on freebies.
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:17 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:16 pm
palerider wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:08 pm

Dai Gression.

If the dwarf's involved we're more likely to end up with Juan Kerr or Isaac Hunt on freebies.
Or Chinese star Wai Mi.
0 x

Social Media