China come in for Arnie!!

Chat about anything football related here!
brookingslovechild

Re: China come in for Arnie!!

Post by brookingslovechild » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:16 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:51 pm
Let's be honest.....is anyone on here even remotely surprised at these turn of events?
We all knew what we were getting when the bloke arrived. The biggest surprise was just how much good playing time we managed to get out of the bloke.

This fella was never going to suddenly abandon his instincts because he'd fallen in love with West Ham United.
I don't mind if he wants to move on if it's for the right "footballing" reasons and best of luck to him (problem of course is that Sullivan will shit a brick and sell him for way less than he could get).
However, if he goes to China purely for the money then i'd be perfectly happy if he snaps his fibula in half during the first game and never kicks another ball.
certainly agree with the first part Tone, we shouldnt be surprised, but mighty disappointed , really thought he may become a cult hero, and honestly with the dogs abuse he is about to recieve we may just as well turn a profit and move on and trust pelli can find a gem for the money.

appreciate everyone is heated at the mo, but couldnt agree with him fucking himself up with injury, get the money and move on, he will (like payet) be forgotten within a year.
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:21 pm

brookingslovechild wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:16 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:51 pm
Let's be honest.....is anyone on here even remotely surprised at these turn of events?
We all knew what we were getting when the bloke arrived. The biggest surprise was just how much good playing time we managed to get out of the bloke.

This fella was never going to suddenly abandon his instincts because he'd fallen in love with West Ham United.
I don't mind if he wants to move on if it's for the right "footballing" reasons and best of luck to him (problem of course is that Sullivan will shit a brick and sell him for way less than he could get).
However, if he goes to China purely for the money then i'd be perfectly happy if he snaps his fibula in half during the first game and never kicks another ball.
certainly agree with the first part Tone, we shouldnt be surprised, but mighty disappointed , really thought he may become a cult hero, and honestly with the dogs abuse he is about to recieve we may just as well turn a profit and move on and trust pelli can find a gem for the money.

appreciate everyone is heated at the mo, but couldnt agree with him fucking himself up with injury, get the money and move on, he will (like payet) be forgotten within a year.
I think what I meant was is that I wouldn’t give two hoots if he did, I wouldn’t necessarily be willing it to happen :)
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:31 pm

I see Ginge has gone to Ipswich on a short loan.
Top bloke and I hope he does well.
I still think West Ham have dropped a bollock not having him involved in some capacity.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -term-deal

Sadly, for all his ability, Arnie will never be considered a “legend” at any club.
Ginge achieved it with just a fraction of Arnie’s ability.
I doubt Arnie’s the type to be particularly bothered though.
Maybe when he’s a little older and he has more money than he can spend?
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:59 pm

Pretty much resigned to Arnie leaving and us not getting enough cash out of the deal to afford the ludicrous January prices. So I'll revisit an idea I commented on recently-ish. Balotelli. That is all. :lol:
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

hd1

Post by hd1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:13 pm

According to Skybet he's 4/6 on to stay and 11/10 to leave

they're not wrong often...
0 x

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:56 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:33 pm
Hammertime wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:15 pm
It's obvious to me that Arnie doesn't want to go to China, his brother is trying to leverage more money out of West Ham and in doing so put other Prem courters on notice during the silly season transfer market. It also seems obvious that if our club plays hardball and drives the price up to a point were we can't refuse, we will call his bluff and cut bait. Then I wish I could be a fly on the wall when Arnie gets the news from his cunt brother!
Arnie was quoted in a statement by his brother saying he wants to leave west ham. Thanked the fans and hopped they understand. I think Arnie knows whats going on:) His brother is the agent. The agent represents the client when forwarding statements to the no.1 sports radio station.He doesn't do that without the client or brother knowing.
It's the end of the road for Arnie and West Ham. This announcement from his camp is of course to prompt other clubs like Man u and Chelsea to enter the bidding arena. Kinda like letting the world know behind the clubs back he wants to go.
I never said Arnie didn't know what was going on, simply that this was engineered to get the move he wanted, not the one he doesn't - CHINA! Which incidentally you agreed with!
0 x
You can't spell hatred without red hat.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:18 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:10 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:02 am

In a nutshell mate.
Not hard to find though, is he?

London stadium, tomorrow morning
Karren can be bodyguard with her killer heels

This one hurts. I genuinely have not loved a player like Arnie since Di Canio and if he were to fulfill his contract as he has been for the past 12 months, he would indeed be a legend.

But whatever way you slice or dice it, this nonsense has just ripped up any of that and thrown it all in the bin never to come out.

If it is gambling, then its an addiction and the bloke needs help and I think our fans would be sympathetic. This is not the way to go about it and now on top of that problem, he has gone from a fan favourite to having them on his back. Not going to help.
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Apparently the bid was 28 million.

His brother said we'd be doubling our money on him.

Either he can't do maths.

Or he's a cunt.

Or both.
3 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:00 pm

I have seen the light about Arnie.
At Stoke he was Johnny big bollocks.He came to our club and after a rough start saw himself as Johnny big bollocks. It was clear he never got on totally with Lanzini, throwing his toys away when Lanzini chose to have a pop at goal.
This season Anderson has taken a lot of the limelight from him.Nasri came. All of a sudden he doesn't feel like Johnny Bollocks anymore esp after a bad 3 or 4 game period.
Now he wants to go to China where he can be Big bollocks again. This guy can't stand other players getting the headlines. It's all about him. Fuck off Arnie. Thanks for the memories, you could have been a West Ham Icon.
And all that interest from Man u was crap because Mourhinio called him a child when he was at Inter.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:27 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:00 pm
This guy can't stand other players getting the headlines. It's all about him.
I agree.... I thought he seemed lukewarm about Rice's goal because he didn't score it and so he couldn't leave a hero, with us all desperate for him to stay. I also think that having left Stoke and Shaqiri behind Arnie has the hump that Shaqiri is now making an important contribution to a title challenge and a Champions League campaign rather hang mid-table with us.

An alternative but less likely possibilty might be if he is the younger brother in a very patriarchal or hierarchical family and the decisions are made for him in the financial interests of the wider family (including the brother's cut as the agent). He might actually like it here but be under undue pressure from elsewhere in the family to move for the money to set them all up for life. But I don't have much faith in this theory.....
1 x

Social Media