West Ham without Marko Arnautovic

Chat about anything football related here!
Shortshanks

Re: West Ham without Marko Arnautovic

Post by Shortshanks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:16 pm

thomasswe wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:00 pm
Fuck it lets replace all strikers. Arnie wants out, Carroll is not avaliable often enough, Chica is on too much to warrant his limited avaliability/inconsistance and Perez dont seem suited for the PL at all.

Get 3 new in the summer, 2 main + 1 for the future as well as Antonio when not deployed somewhere else and Silva as backup.

Solved
Who exactly ? Hugill, Hogan ? :lol: :lol:
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:28 pm

Shortshanks wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:15 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Arnautovic is quality up front, there's no denying that. His conversion from so-so winger to quality front man was entirely unexpected. There's no doubt he was the difference between staying up and being relegated last season.
But, and my word it's a big but, his attitude, and that of his brother, are atrocious. His signing was expensive -- as opposed to peanuts -- because what we signed was that so-so winger. And let's bear in mind the time frame here. He's been here 18 months, only around a year of that as a striker, and already the demands for pay increases and transfers have reached critical mass.

Say what you like about the moody Frenchman, his departure wasn't about increasing his paypacket. And just because Arnie is getting his brother to throw the spanner in the works, does that make him any better?
Should Arnautovic leave I'd be inclined to view him as we do Payet. Perhaps even less so, because Payet's talent was always there. It took coming to West Ham to elevate Arnautovic.
" It took coming to West Ham to elevate Arnautovic" ?. Austria since 2008 , 77 games , 20 goals !! and plenty in other leagues. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Before arriving at West Ham. 205 games 38 goals 32 assists. That's a goal every 5.4 games and an assist every 6.4.
After arriving at West Ham. 46 games 18 goals 8 assists. That's a goal every 2.5 games and an assist every 5.7.

Like I said elevated.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:34 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:28 pm
Shortshanks wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:15 pm

" It took coming to West Ham to elevate Arnautovic" ?. Austria since 2008 , 77 games , 20 goals !! and plenty in other leagues. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Before arriving at West Ham. 205 games 38 goals 32 assists. That's a goal every 5.4 games and an assist every 6.4.
After arriving at West Ham. 46 games 18 goals 8 assists. That's a goal every 2.5 games and an assist every 5.7.

Like I said elevated.
I didn't realise he wasn't an international player and a well sought after player before we signed him. Reality is some of you didn't know how good he was !!
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:53 pm

Shortshanks wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:34 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:

Like I said elevated.
I didn't realise he wasn't an international player and a well sought after player before we signed him. Reality is some of you didn't know how good he was !!
I think most realised he was a decent player, but a moody one who would have 1 decent game in 3 at Stoke.
He has come to us and now taken his game to another level.
1 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:59 pm

Towie wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:53 pm
Shortshanks wrote:

I think most realised he was a decent player, but a moody one who would have 1 decent game in 3 at Stoke.
Only when HE wants too...
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:59 pm

Not sure i would let a player play for the team who has come out and said he wants to leave to win things.
Nah i am sure. Wouldn't even be on the bench.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Towie

Post by Towie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:59 pm
Towie wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:53 pm

Only when HE wants too...
That could be said for any player.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:28 am

Shortshanks wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

Like I said elevated.
He plays for Austria. Noble would have international caps if he was Austrian.
Was he well sought after? I don't really recall a battle for his signature. Even his agent says we got him for peanuts.
In reality none of us are psychic, and hindsight can make experts of us all.

Just a quick edit; I've had a good look and I can't find one post where you talk about how good Arnautovic is before, during or after he was signed. Not that I went beyond Moyes' appointment.
The dedication to digging Noble out is impressive though. But I can't find many opinions beyond that.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:59 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:28 am
Shortshanks wrote:

Was he well sought after? I don't really recall a battle for his signature. Even his agent says we got him for peanuts.
Well if we got him for peanuts then surely that must be the fault of the agent not doing his job properly....I would sack the cunt......Oh hang on.... :lol: :lol:
Interesting fact that Stoke bought him for 2.5million..and when the agent sold him to us for 20million it was ten times the value of his last transfer....so....his value increased 800% giving us a figure for the bidding to start at 160 million. Now that might be worth looking at. Coming into his prime now....prolific goalscorer ....7 goals .....all the top clubs will be knocking at our door if I was his agent.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:36 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:59 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:28 am

Well if we got him for peanuts then surely that must be the fault of the agent not doing his job properly....I would sack the cunt......Oh hang on.... :lol: :lol:
Interesting fact that Stoke bought him for 2.5million..and when the agent sold him to us for 20million it was ten times the value of his last transfer....so....his value increased 800% giving us a figure for the bidding to start at 160 million. Now that might be worth looking at. Coming into his prime now....prolific goalscorer ....7 goals .....all the top clubs will be knocking at our door if I was his agent.
A cynic might suggest Marko, and his agent, saw West Ham as his last chance to make some good money before he hit 30.
This conversion, and subsequent improvement, playing as a striker has bollocksed that up to the point where the idea of a second last chance and even bigger money has presented itself.
Unfortunately 12 months of injury interrupted Billy Big Bollocksing has failed to attract the Manures and plastics of the world, so the Chinky dollar it is.
You do wonder if £35m is an opening bid, or whether team Arnie are going to try to force a move for that money. Since it seems highly likely Agent Arnautovic is heavily involved in that bid being tabled in the first place.
0 x

Social Media