Crystal Palace vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Crystal Palace vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:35 pm

Castiron wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:57 pm
Good away point at a very difficult place to go. Faded second half, but put in a shift against the scousers, so no complaints from me. COYI
They've only scored 9 at home and won 3 out of 13 at that shithole of a ground. We've won at harder places than that mate but once again our inability to convert our first half superiority into goals cost us.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:53 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:35 pm
Castiron wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:57 pm
Good away point at a very difficult place to go. Faded second half, but put in a shift against the scousers, so no complaints from me. COYI
They've only scored 9 at home and won 3 out of 13 at that shithole of a ground. We've won at harder places than that mate but once again our inability to convert our first half superiority into goals cost us.
but fear not...we have a shedload of excuses why we cant beat them, and now we have a break, and guess what ?...we''ll come back refreshed ...and nothing will have changed...we'll still not know how to finish a side off...2nd half we dropped back and invited them in FFS...why take antonio off he was the only presence upfront causing them any real problems...nothing ever seems to really change at WH...i give up, i really do...oh and did i mention the shedload of excuses...
0 x

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:18 pm

Anyone who thinks that Arnautovic will bring anything positive to the team for the remainder of the season is a mug cunt
1 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:23 pm

Ironworksfc wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:18 pm
Anyone who thinks that Arnautovic will bring anything positive to the team for the remainder of the season is a mug cunt
Agreed . I doubt it was a coincidence that the whole dynamic of the game changed when he came on .

We were well in it up to that point and in the end were arsehole lucky to hold on for a point .
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Rick_Deckard wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:53 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:35 pm

but fear not...we have a shedload of excuses why we cant beat them, and now we have a break, and guess what ?...we''ll come back refreshed ...and nothing will have changed...we'll still not know how to finish a side off...2nd half we dropped back and invited them in FFS...why take antonio off he was the only presence upfront causing them any real problems...nothing ever seems to really change at WH...i give up, i really do...oh and did i mention the shedload of excuses...
Finish a side off? We were 1 up at half time. They had more clear cut chances than us and dominated the 2nd half.
It's not like we were on top for more of the game and had loads of chances. Palace played a blinder today and when they are in that mood they can beat anyone. City, Spuds and Wolves away will solidify that. Put 3 past Liverpool at Anfield. They can play , don't worry about that.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:08 pm

Unlucky on Monday to only get a point, very lucky today to get a point at all.
1 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:18 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:54 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Yeah but it got worse and he did less than fuck all when he came on.
We had sat back by then and Anderson never got anywhere near the time on the ball like he did first half.
Did Arnie really have any chance when he came on? All our players were defending.
Yeah but he never bothered to try to get within 30 metres of his team mates to try to affect the game.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:21 pm

Shortshanks wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:51 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Yeah but it got worse and he did less than fuck all when he came on.
He's not alone in that but at least he has shown he is PL quality.
Not today..... hence my point.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:29 pm

Shortshanks wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:58 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:55 pm
That second 45 minutes just about sums up everything about this fucking team that does my fucking head in.

Put Arnie our to pasture please?
We look half a team when he’s not on the fucking pitch.
Not 2nd half we didn't even before he came on !!
Was noble shit and to blame too

Are you numbers in disguise
1 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:32 pm

Ironworksfc wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:18 pm
Well said that man, everyone calling for Arnie to start needs to look at his goal scoring feats over the last 9 or 10 matches as our principle striker he has managed just 3 goals, 2 of those were against Brighton. Many out of form strikers will at least manage assists for their team mates to score, Arnie has managed 2 all season he is not a team player and will never be again. He has been knocked back now and I think and hope that his team mates will now stand up against him when he thinks he is Billy Big bollocks. Arnie is not a striker, if we had real strikers, where would that leave him, he is a right winger would he get game time over Anderson, maybe a few substitute appearances, clearly he is now finished at West Ham lost his team mates and his mojo, another point nearer the finishing line and we will be able to try out the youngsters ahead of him, then move him on in the summer
0 x

Social Media