Crystal Palace vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Crystal Palace vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by mkhammer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:27 am

IronsForever wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:17 am
mkhammer wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:47 am
Fuck me..this team piss me off... :lol:

1985...started a thread about inconsistency between matches....said it happens during games..
that was the epitome of that..
First half was chuffed,playing some great footie..nice movement....MF situation sorted as best we
can...really happy....would have started Zabs over Fred(experience coping with Zaha),and Arnie
over Chico..(fuckin hell talk about Hero to Zero.. :lol: )...not on board with that...YET..

Second Half ..well...different team,just clung on...We just sat to deep.This is Players fault as much
Pellers,Mark should be pushing them up,and Mr P should be screaming it from touchline,you will
struggle with a high line and a deep lying MF..gets to congested...no space to play out.
Also we need to learn/play a High Press system at times,will struggle till we do IMO.
We don't adapt or have a plan B....when we on top 1st half would have switched to 4-3-3,
Don't think Chico brings enough and as an isolated striker/hold up guy,which you need in a 4-5-1
def not...3 up top would make a difference.....should be able to switch and change during a
game...not play a system and stick with it thru out.

Been holding out that maybe we could still nick 7th......Wolves win monday,think that's
prob the end of that...hate giving up but gotta be realistic...

But you never know..... :lol:
No way we get 7th. Watford and Wolves look a better team than us right now. Can't expect us to claim that spot with half a squad out of action.
Yeah your prob right,but not gonna write Leicester off just yet either,fact if I was having a bet...
won't do us any favours really,,but hope they get something at Spuds today,our friendly
neighbours are still a bit to close to it for my liking...
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Respect the point I say.

I'm glad a bit of Dudley grit is being bestowed on Senor Pellegrini. Why romp to a 3-0 away win when you can defend deep and not have any shots at goal for 45 second half minutes, giving your fans the opportunity to bite their fingernails to the quick ?

Far too expansive first half however.

He'll learn I hope.
4 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:23 pm

The old cliche a game of two half’s
Second half we were fucking shit.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:48 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:17 am
mkhammer wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:47 am
Fuck me..this team piss me off... :lol:

1985...started a thread about inconsistency between matches....said it happens during games..
that was the epitome of that..
First half was chuffed,playing some great footie..nice movement....MF situation sorted as best we
can...really happy....would have started Zabs over Fred(experience coping with Zaha),and Arnie
over Chico..(fuckin hell talk about Hero to Zero.. :lol: )...not on board with that...YET..

Second Half ..well...different team,just clung on...We just sat to deep.This is Players fault as much
Pellers,Mark should be pushing them up,and Mr P should be screaming it from touchline,you will
struggle with a high line and a deep lying MF..gets to congested...no space to play out.
Also we need to learn/play a High Press system at times,will struggle till we do IMO.
We don't adapt or have a plan B....when we on top 1st half would have switched to 4-3-3,
Don't think Chico brings enough and as an isolated striker/hold up guy,which you need in a 4-5-1
def not...3 up top would make a difference.....should be able to switch and change during a
game...not play a system and stick with it thru out.

Been holding out that maybe we could still nick 7th......Wolves win monday,think that's
prob the end of that...hate giving up but gotta be realistic...

But you never know..... :lol:
No way we get 7th. Watford and Wolves look a better team than us right now. Can't expect us to claim that spot with half a squad out of action.
Going back to the start of the season, after all our activity in the transfer market I said I would be happy with a top 10 finish and not having to look over our shoulders all the time, as many also said on here. This looks like it might of been achieved, certainly the not looking over our shoulders has. But it has been achieved with a very disjointed team, having to start players who, if it wasn't for our injury list would of been lucky to make the bench let alone a starting spot. We need to walk before we can run, next season lets aim higher but we should be be content with what we have at present, you cant have consistency playing with inconsistent players. Lets pick up the odd points here and there for the rest of the season and maybe next season we can set our sights a little higher.
2 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:56 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:26 am
The change we could have made in that 2nd half was Zabby on for Chico.. Sounds bad huh? Hold on.
Push Antonio up top and Fredericks right midfield. Slot zabby right back.That would have given us pace up top and down the right and made us more solid down that side where Palace was targeting Would have also taken some heat off Anderson because Palace would have had to re shuffle.
I'd love to see Fred play right wing or right midfield. He has pace to burn, faster than Antonio.
Completely agree with your reading of the Fredericks situation. Looks decent going forward but a total defensive liability. He , and the team of course, were very lucky that McArthur and Batshuayi missed those chances they had because on both occasions it was Fredericks' lack of awareness that played both onside. Had either gone in I think there would have been a lot of criticism coming his way.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:26 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:56 pm
IronsForever wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:26 am
The change we could have made in that 2nd half was Zabby on for Chico.. Sounds bad huh? Hold on.
Push Antonio up top and Fredericks right midfield. Slot zabby right back.That would have given us pace up top and down the right and made us more solid down that side where Palace was targeting Would have also taken some heat off Anderson because Palace would have had to re shuffle.
I'd love to see Fred play right wing or right midfield. He has pace to burn, faster than Antonio.
Completely agree with your reading of the Fredericks situation. Looks decent going forward but a total defensive liability. He , and the team of course, were very lucky that McArthur and Batshuayi missed those chances they had because on both occasions it was Fredericks' lack of awareness that played both onside. Had either gone in I think there would have been a lot of criticism coming his way.
What he also did wrong a few times in that 2nd half was show Zaha outside him.This allowed Zaha to get in a few crosses. When Zabby came on the first thing he did to Zaha was show him " inside" knowing snod was there to block that. Was a good move by Pelle, the goal was just unlucky, coming from a silly deflection that looped over Flappy.
Obiang coming on was inevitable. Both Rice and Noble looked leggy. To be fair he never had much option because they were cutting us apart before they scored.
It was like watching a war between 2 sides on a battle field and one side advances their back line to push on the front lines. Penned us in good and proper and they cut our outlet supply by getting tighter on Anderson. Was a decent game to be fair and i was well impressed by their pacey , slick passing through the midfield line.
They moved the ball a lot better than Liverpool and Arsenal did against us
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:50 pm

We play crap whenever I am able to watch the game...

Fabianski is a superb keeper, better than Kepa, Allison, Lloris & Leno - there, I said it.

I thought Cresswell was great, would be MOTM behind our keeper

Anderson was superb first half, that was a 9 performance, but then totally disappeared when they doubled up on him second half.

Which should have led to opportunities elsewhere.

The starting XI was spot on, but Pelle does take some blame for the result because of his subs. Antonio should never have come off unless injured or totally gassed - which he didnt seem to be. Even half fit he is better to have on there than Obiang, who is absolutely done. Please Pelle, give Coventry or Holland a go instead. Worked for Dec & Grady.

On Fredericks, I thought he did well matching Zaha for pace, but needs to learn to hold the line and spring the offside. Pelle made the right call on that one to bring on Zaba to see it out, but I dont think he would have dealt with Zaha for 90 mins.

Oggy's better twin was in town, all good, even got forward well.

Thought Diop & Declan were slightly below their standards, but did OK.

Great composure and pen from our captain.

Chicharito was busy and joined in the celebrations enthusiastically.

Snodgrass ran around lots. Arnie waved his arms around lots.

Summary from BC.
3 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:02 am

Perfect job for Arnie when he retires from football

0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Social Media