The Cricket

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 3938
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 382
x 506

Re: The Cricket

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:51 am

Good to see England starting to play. Not that there's too much pressure in a dead rubber.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 7808
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 260
x 651

Re: The Cricket

Post by palerider » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:02 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:51 am
Good to see England starting to play. Not that there's too much pressure in a dead rubber.
The penny's finally dropped that out there you fight fire with fire. The Windies struggled against Wood as much as we did against their quicks. Just a shame he's got dodgy ankles.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to have Curran playing in the first two tests needs sacking. And if that means Root so be it, he's done fuck all with the bat anyway.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 3938
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 382
x 506

Re: The Cricket

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:32 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:02 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:51 am
Good to see England starting to play. Not that there's too much pressure in a dead rubber.
The penny's finally dropped that out there you fight fire with fire. The Windies struggled against Wood as much as we did against their quicks. Just a shame he's got dodgy ankles.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to have Curran playing in the first two tests needs sacking. And if that means Root so be it, he's done fuck all with the bat anyway.
Root, yet another quality batsman who appears to have ruined by the captaincy.
What was he averaging before being made captain 55, 56? He's just dropped under 50. Happened to Vaughn, happened to Cook.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 3938
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 382
x 506

Re: The Cricket

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:39 am

Captain Joe Root said England have shown "resilience" and "what we are capable of".

The series is gone. No-one gives a monkeys about the performances now! It's not resilience, it's too bloody late.
Bring back Mike Brearly as Captain. Yes he's in his 70's, and was a shit batsman -- which fits in with England's current crop of top order batters nicely -- but he did seem to have a grasp of things like tactics and motivating his players.
Last edited by Neville Bartos on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 7808
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 260
x 651

Re: The Cricket

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:45 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:51 am
Good to see England starting to play. Not that there's too much pressure in a dead rubber.
Root a ton in as you say a dead rubber and the Windies a bowler short.

The Ashes will be interesting. Denly has probably booked the no.3 slot although Starc and Cummins are a totally different kettle of fish. As for Jennings, he's a walking wicket. I still think that if Cook gets early county runs there'll be a big clamour for a last hoorah because it's the Aussies.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
jameskel
Posts: 1660
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm
x 119

Re: The Cricket

Post by jameskel » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Jennings can barely stand up, with bat in hand
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 7808
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 260
x 651

Re: The Cricket

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:27 am

jameskel wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:47 pm
Jennings can barely stand up, with bat in hand
Great comment on ESPN.

Jennings is a worse driver than Prince Phillip.


:lol:
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Post Reply

Social Media