Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:25 am

Following our disappointed usual boring away result, the only positive is no Eden Hazard in Man Utd set-up.

I will be away to Venice in Italy this Saturday by coach for 8 days so won't be able to do the West Ham vs Leicester City match thread.

Need to improve the defensive to the attacking area with more better defending, passing and creativity. Cresswell need to improve his ability and not to rely on Rice doing his work as this is a TEAMWORK, not individual. I am fully expected Pellegrini to bring in 2 full backs that are stronger than our current ones.

Squad:

Fabianski

Fredericks
Diop
Bulbuena
Cresswell

Rice
Noble

Anderson (need to do better)
Lanzini
Snodgrass

Arnautovic

Predictions: Another inept display....Man Utd 2 - 0 West Ham. Hopefully I am wrong! Man Utd will play Barcelona this Wednesday so hope West Ham to watch how Barcelona do and followed their pattern that if I was a West Ham manager tellling the players to focus hard on Barcelona players how they are on top form.
0 x

Whiskyman

Re: Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:57 am

Hope we watch what Barcelona do FFS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having Lionel Messi and Sergio Busquets on hand would be more fucking helpful. I can just imagine Pellegrini taking Antonio to one side and telling him to go out and copy everything he's just seen Messi do.

Enjoy Venice. Every time I've been there the place has been flooded.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:12 am

Ibbyham wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:25 am
Following our disappointed usual boring away result, the only positive is no Eden Hazard in Man Utd set-up.

I will be away to Venice in Italy this Saturday by coach for 8 days so won't be able to do the West Ham vs Leicester City match thread.

We always lose when you do them so no problem there.
2 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:26 am

Ibbyham wrote:

Need to improve the defensive to the attacking area with more better defending, passing and creativity. Cresswell need to improve his ability and not to rely on Rice doing his work as this is a TEAMWORK, not individual. I am fully expected Pellegrini to bring in 2 full backs that are stronger than our current ones.

Squad:

Fabianski

Fredericks
Diop
Bulbuena
Cresswell

Rice
Noble

Lanzini
Snodgrass

Arnautovic

Predictions: Another inept display....Man Utd 2 - 0 West Ham. Hopefully I am wrong! Man Utd will play Barcelona this Wednesday so hope West Ham to watch how Barcelona do and followed their pattern that if I was a West Ham manager tellling the players to focus hard on Barcelona players how they are on top form.
Ibby not sure the fullbacks are the problem , especially Fredericks/Cresswell personally think they are not to bad . I think our problem is in midfield we cannot keep playing Noble next to Rice , we do not have the mobility/pace to compete for the ball in there , we need to play three so Obiang needs to be playing or Nasri if we want to remain at least consistent , but we definitely need to improve here in the summer . Our front three could be Lanzini , Anderson and one other .
Enjoy your Coach tour to Venice mate .
1 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:54 pm

Cheers Ibbs.
Enjoy your holiday mate.
2 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

garnett

Post by garnett » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:07 pm

Good Afternoon,
Firstly before I give my assessment on how to stop another televised embarrassment, thats exactly what I wish to know, the stats on our televised games this season, I dont believe we have won too many.

Secondly, the game, can we keep them out ? I doubt it very much, so, that said lets have a proper go at em.

Balbuena and Diop to start for me but our biggest problem is the pedestrian approach clearing our lines, we have to get the ball forward quicker preferably to one of our own players.

Our midfield, Snodders in for me, Rice holding Noble and Snodders in front of him as our release, no pace I know, so let the ball do the work, ideally next season we sign a Shelveyesk type player who can ping a pass with accuracy.

In front of them Anderson Lanzini and Arnie, I`m sick to death of our most talented bring shackled and I would want them to interchange, find space and be direct in possession, its called getting a natural understanding rather than being pigeonholed.

We have nothing to lose so fuck it, have a go.
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:02 pm

Excellent intro Ibbs...being on a coach for 8 days should not be an excuse to abrogate your "Thread" responsibilities. Doesn't the vehicle have wi-fi...

That withstanding, I'm hoping old thunder-thighs Arnatovich can make a positive contribution and not spend his Old Trafford tea time being intercepted by Man U's speedy fullbacks. And talking of people who don't have time to waste, I'm expecting a more coherent way of winning football matches than has been employed in the last outings. I'm not pointing the finger but thinking about a certain Chilean gentleman...
1 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:16 pm

garnett wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:07 pm
Good Afternoon,
Firstly before I give my assessment on how to stop another televised embarrassment, thats exactly what I wish to know, the stats on our televised games this season, I dont believe we have won too many.

Secondly, the game, can we keep them out ? I doubt it very much, so, that said lets have a proper go at em.

Balbuena and Diop to start for me but our biggest problem is the pedestrian approach clearing our lines, we have to get the ball forward quicker preferably to one of our own players.

Our midfield, Snodders in for me, Rice holding Noble and Snodders in front of him as our release, no pace I know, so let the ball do the work, ideally next season we sign a Shelveyesk type player who can ping a pass with accuracy.

In front of them Anderson Lanzini and Arnie, I`m sick to death of our most talented bring shackled and I would want them to interchange, find space and be direct in possession, its called getting a natural understanding rather than being pigeonholed.

We have nothing to lose so fuck it, have a go.
This Shelveyesk player being Shelvey then. As for getting the ball into the opponents' half without signing players we're never going to get, not the worst idea I've ever heard of.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:59 pm

Clayton wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:26 am
Ibbyham wrote:

Squad:

Fabianski

Fredericks
Diop
Bulbuena
Cresswell

Rice
Noble

Lanzini
Snodgrass

Arnautovic

Ibby not sure the fullbacks are the problem , especially Fredericks/Cresswell personally think they are not to bad . I think our problem is in midfield we cannot keep playing Noble next to Rice , we do not have the mobility/pace to compete for the ball in there , we need to play three so Obiang needs to be playing or Nasri if we want to remain at least consistent , but we definitely need to improve here in the summer . Our front three could be Lanzini , Anderson and one other .
Enjoy your Coach tour to Venice mate .
Cheers mate....Hope Pellegrini will sort out the squad this summer as he will know how to fill in the gaps
0 x

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:00 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:57 am
Hope we watch what Barcelona do FFS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having Lionel Messi and Sergio Busquets on hand would be more fucking helpful. I can just imagine Pellegrini taking Antonio to one side and telling him to go out and copy everything he's just seen Messi do.

Enjoy Venice. Every time I've been there the place has been flooded.
Cheers mate, hope West Ham do well while i am there
0 x

Social Media