Is the PL rigged?

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Is the PL rigged?

Post by terrya1965 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:38 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:17 am
punkrockhammer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:03 am
Ask Colin

I never used to think it was, but the way sides like Man U get so much help to win games and keep them challenging has made me thing there is something sinister. Did anyone think it would happen in Serie A?

We were robbed of a CL because Tottenham and Leicester were already in the Top Four and they couldn’t have that

If it’s not bent then the actual standard of refereeing is so poor it’s disgusting and it costs people jobs
You've answered the question. Officiating at the top level for supposedly the best league in the world (so we're told), is laughable.

The officials aren't bent but fucking useless. And at places like OT and Anfield they subconsciously favour the home side as the crowd are baying for them to do so like the first penalty yesterday. It takes a brave ref to say no.

What's needed is for the officials to be accountable. Refs should be made to go on the media after a game, just like the managers, to explain their decisions and to face demotion if they consistently fuck up. They're well paid so why should they be treated differently ?

Naturally the FA, the PL and the Refs union would object as they would say it would deter people from refereeing.

But for 2 grand for 90 minutes work I think I'd be able to handle being called a cunt. It happens anyway and I don't get a penny for it.
Yeah,but why is it,the Top teams always benefit from them?

I can't remember us getting a wrong decision for us against a United or a Chelsea?It just dosen't happen.It`s no coincidence.
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:18 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:38 am
palerider wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:17 am

You've answered the question. Officiating at the top level for supposedly the best league in the world (so we're told), is laughable.

The officials aren't bent but fucking useless. And at places like OT and Anfield they subconsciously favour the home side as the crowd are baying for them to do so like the first penalty yesterday. It takes a brave ref to say no.

What's needed is for the officials to be accountable. Refs should be made to go on the media after a game, just like the managers, to explain their decisions and to face demotion if they consistently fuck up. They're well paid so why should they be treated differently ?

Naturally the FA, the PL and the Refs union would object as they would say it would deter people from refereeing.

But for 2 grand for 90 minutes work I think I'd be able to handle being called a cunt. It happens anyway and I don't get a penny for it.
Yeah,but why is it,the Top teams always benefit from them?

I can't remember us getting a wrong decision for us against a United or a Chelsea?It just dosen't happen.It`s no coincidence.
Our 3-1 win against United this season.

Anderson's opener marginally offside (Zabaleta). VAR would have ruled it out. 50/50 foul by Noble leading to our 3rd.
0 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:22 pm

Think Rigged might be a bit strong...but Def Favouritism all day long....
Common sense the FA want the "Big Clubs" succeeding and qualifying,all about what generates
most money.
but not a new thing...

Remember Dicksy saying somewhere,he'd get booked for looking at a player for us,but up in
scouseland could kick the shit outta players and get away with it..
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:35 pm

Consciously and at an industrial level? No (imo).
Subconsciously? There’s certainly a favouritism towards bigger clubs perhaps related to ambitious & narcissistic officials wanting to be “popular” and gain favour with the bigger powers of the sport.

VAR will start to reduce the ratio of these decisions IF those using the technology have the ability and desire to evolve with the technology.

Getting VAR right won’t be instant but it is SO important in SO many ways.
2 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

h69

Post by h69 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:46 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:33 pm
I was chatting to a fan of Huddersfield and they said,they think football in this country is fixed to a certain extent,especially with Man Utd.

The FA & UEFA want them to do well,because they are the team that earns them the biggest(one of biggest for UEFA) revenue.They need them to be successful to make that revenue even greater.

In 2016,we were robbed at OT in the Cup.United were the only big so team left in the competition and the FA and sponsors NEEDED them to be in the Final.

We were close to qualifying for the CL,when near the end of the season we got some major decisions going against us..A couple come to mind,last minute penalty v Chelsea that was not.Koyoute sent off v Palace,that was overturned(both ended in draws).There were a few others.United actually missed out on goal difference in the end,but went on to to lift the FA Cup.

I am beginning to think,there could be something in it..You wouldn`t be surprised,would you?
I think Man Utd and Liverpool are favoured. If you look at the reports of our game with Man Utd, they said on the sky sports report it was even. It was not even close to being even or I was at a different fucking game.

The media love them so the PL are desperate for them to be successful. Scudamore admitted a few years ago that the PL needs a good Man Utd. This year they pile onto Liverpool.

Sad.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:14 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:57 am
How did Leicester win the league then ?
Asian gambling syndicates.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:27 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:14 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:57 am
How did Leicester win the league then ?
Asian gambling syndicates.
I'm sure the Illuminati, The Freemasons and The Reigate Women's Institute all had a hand in it.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:00 pm

As with all barnpot conspiracy theories, so many people involved, dont you think ONE person at least, would have come forward by now??
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:26 pm

Listen how much more excitable and animated commentators get when a "big side" mounts an attack or a close shot on goal , near miss etc etc !...

no doubt in my mind that officials are also biased...maybe not deliberate but its def there...scared of getting bad reports etc etc...
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:57 pm

Of course it is. Every year in mid June a committee of the great and the good meet secretly at The Langham Hotel in Portland Place to discuss the composition of the league table for the forthcoming season. At this meeting it is decided who will win the forthcoming Premier League championship. The procedure is as follows. I will qualify the following with this statement which was included in the election process for THIS season As season 2018/19 will see the 30th year of the Hillsborough disaster Liverpool football club shall be allocated an additional "pity bonus" score to reflect this event

Nominations for "Champions" from the floor. There is an eligibility criteria and only clubs from the PL "Approved Champions" can be nominated. The clubs on that list are also "ranked" and given bonus "champion suitability" points based on the total bung money given to the committee by the ownership of said clubs. Voting is on a one man one vote basis and then the bonus factor is calculated to nominate the champions for the following season.

European Qualification places are then allocated based totally on votes cast for the clubs who were unsuccessful in the voting to decide the champions. The position of 7th place will be decided by open play during the season. Open play being matches in which officials will not to make any decisions based on merit point awards. However there are certain excluded clubs who may not be allowed to contest 7th place under any circumstances. For the 2018/19 season these teams were, in alphabetical order Burnly, Cardiff City and West Ham United.

I hope the above clarifies how it is. ;)
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media