Hammers United - Video on page 18

Chat about anything football related here!
prince of wales

Re: Hammers United - Video on page 18

Post by prince of wales » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:26 pm

Hi Paul and Lee,

I'm writing to confirm WHUISA's willingness to co-operate with you at Hammers United regarding the proposed letter to Jake Heath relating to the club's treatment of supporter groups outside of their OSB. We would like tocome aboard with you on this initiative regarding a joint statement from both of our groups.

We hope that on this occasion a joint approach will make them appreciate that we are united and not divided, when necessary, and we will have strength in numbers. I just want you to be aware that when the OSB re-incarnationtook place last year we did write to Alex Zavrl and Aleksander Ceferin at UEFA with our concerns; we only received an acknowledgement from them.

I hope we can have some joint dialogue going forward after this to gain maximum leverage for the benefit of our members.

Finally, as you'll have seen on the forums we have had some leadership and committee changes in recent days and are presently re-grouping.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

John G Ratomski

WHUISA Acting chair 2019-20
Northbank Bar Posts: 92Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:09 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 x

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:26 pm

Dear John,

Thank you for your EMail of June 8th confirming WHISA's willingness to co-operate with the proposed letter to Jake Heath.

We are making a small change to the letter which we will run past WHISA and the FSF. for endorsement before sending to West Ham.

Hoping this joint approach will see a positive result benefiting West Ham supporters.

COYI.

Paul Colborne and Lee Rogers(Joint Secretaries,Hammers United)
1 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:31 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:12 am
Phil wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 am
Hammers United in the news

https://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/w ... 01ojDmtcBw
Ironic because where Gonzo and myself sit there seems to be a much better general camaraderie with the stewards than there was in the very early days.
We have a good laugh and a joke where we are and with security coming in. From my own angle I saw far less anger and agitation on match days last season (I guess some better football and results is an effective stress-reducer also).
I think the problem is more isolated and individual-based than it is “policy”.
There’s always a wanker somewhere!!

I'd agree with that and even had a dance at full time with one steward following our win v Huddersfield.

I also noticed that the lad who used to be the security at the main entrance at Upton Park was now a steward in our block which was nice to see.
0 x

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:24 pm

for anyone who's matchday experience is good (including stewarding) I'm honestly pleased for you.

Unfortunately there's still too many bad stewarding incidents reported.
Yes there are "wankers" among our support no doubt, but also many good supporters who suffer bad stewarding too.

I get the impression that some fans dislike isa's, but seriously we just want to help make things better..

Can people that are happy not sympathise with those that aren't? and likewise of course.

There are so many issues that need putting right..another that's rearing it's head today again is the "waiting list"
The club need to accountable for things like this.

Why do they refuse to talk to an isa? The only premier league team to do this...it doesn't make any sense.
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:27 pm

Phil wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:24 pm
for anyone who's matchday experience is good (including stewarding) I'm honestly pleased for you.

Yes there are "wankers" among our support no doubt, but also many good supporters who suffer bad stewarding too.

I get the impression that some fans dislike isa's, but seriously we just want to help make things better..

Can people that are happy not sympathise with those that aren't? and likewise of course.

There are so many issues that need putting right..another that's rearing it's head today again is the "waiting list"

Why do they refuse to talk to an isa? The only premier league team to do this...it doesn't make any sense.
Hi Phil.
Just a suggestion here.....how about a "heat map" of the stadium showing the location of where each and every reporting complaint regarding stewarding occurs?
Build this up over a half or one whole season and see if there are certain "hot spots" that require urgent attention or as to whether the problems are evenly and randomly distributed?
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Hammers United EMailed the following to Jake Heath at West Ham at 15.10 hrs today.This is a joint approach with WHUISa.
We hope for a favourable response.

Dear Jake,

Thankyou for your most recent e mail of 29/5/19.

We now write together with WHUISA whom the Club have also refused to liaise with. We write as 2 organisations that only seek to further the interests and concerns of attending supporters. The refusal of the board to enter into dialogue with independent supporter organisations affects us equally and we therefore write on this issue as one.

As stated in your letter and previously, the Club says that it refuses to engage with supporter groups outside of the OSB. We would ask you to consider, in your role as Supporter Services Manager, if this approach constitutes a structured dialogue process.

As you are aware, the creation of a SSM and dialogue with supporter representation is a good football governance Government guideline. Engagement with and ‘ensuring a proper and constructive discourse with the fans’ is also a UEFA regulation (Article 35 of the club Licensing Regulations).
We appreciate that the Club have created what they consider to be a compliant structure but it is noted that this does not have democratically elected representatives, appears to comply with the bare minimum terms and does not actually engage the Board with issues of the most relevance to the supporter base.
The FSA interpret the regulations and guidelines to require Clubs to recognise independent supporter trusts or groups that are constituted along democratic lines. As a number of others have observed, including members themselves, the OSB is neither independent of the Club nor elected by supporters.

In any event, the creation of the OSB does not then mean that the Club can ignore the genuine concerns of other, actually democratic and formal, supporter organisations. In fact they should be welcoming it and encouraging it.

The Club is not following the spirit of the regulations as it must and you, as our SSM, should be ensuring this as much as anyone.
It is apparent to many supporters and observers that West Ham have had a fractious relationship with large swathes of the supporters for some time. This only over emphasises the need for proper fan engagement at this great Club of ours.

We urge you and the Board again to engage with us both as representative bodies. If not then within 14 days we intend to make a formal complaint to UEFA, the PL and to The Department of Culture for breach of the regulations and the good governance of football guidelines. We are left with nowhere else to go.

Yours,

Lee Rogers.(Joint Secretary)Hammers United. John Ratomski(Acting Chair)WHUISA.
FSA.
0 x

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:37 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:27 pm
Phil wrote:

Hi Phil.
Just a suggestion here.....how about a "heat map" of the stadium showing the location of where each and every reporting complaint regarding stewarding occurs?
Build this up over a half or one whole season and see if there are certain "hot spots" that require urgent attention or as to whether the problems are evenly and randomly distributed?
That's a fantastic suggestion mate. Will try and get this set up goodpost:)
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:52 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Phil wrote:

Hi Phil.
Wouldn't it would be a better idea to identify the specific steward. Do they no longer have an identity number by which they can be specifically noted ? Years ago at Upton Park I complained in writing about one very officious female steward who had tried taking a camera off a young kid who was taking photos. She had a badge with a number on it, was easily identified and because various complaints as well as my own had been received she was sacked. Job done.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:03 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:52 pm
ToneLoc wrote:

Hi Phil.
Wouldn't it would be a better idea to identify the specific steward. Do they no longer have an identity number by which they can be specifically noted ? Years ago at Upton Park I complained in writing about one very officious female steward who had tried taking a camera off a young kid who was taking photos. She had a badge with a number on it, was easily identified and because various complaints as well as my own had been received she was sacked. Job done.
I asked that of someone who recently had a major stewarding issue..in the heat of the incident and worrying about his kids he didn't take the number...but yes, all stewards have id numbers on their jackets.
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:12 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Phil wrote:

Hi Phil.
This is a good idea, I’ve generally not had or seen anyone with steward issues for a while now but was aware of two incidents this side of Christmas’s, in one of them the steward was ready to take his coat off for a proper fight :lol:
0 x

Social Media