News Today

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Re: News Today

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:37 pm

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-724782 ... -suit.html

It was fucking hot in that thing I can tell you.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:43 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:37 pm

You need to work on your cardio and explosive power.
You charged at her. She's had time to spot you, whip her phone out, take a picture of you when you're 4 feet away, and then escape. If I didn't know better I'd think it was staged. Either way it's bang ordinary charging.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:43 pm
palerider wrote:

You need to work on your cardio and explosive power.
You charged at her. She's had time to spot you, whip her phone out, take a picture of you when you're 4 feet away...
...upload it to social media - check how many likes it garnered - and then make good her escape.

...she didn't spend 400 pounds on killer heels for nothing...
1 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:26 pm

A star older than the universe.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/20 ... e.amp.html

I love this stuff. I wish they'd bring back Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World, just for stories like this.
2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

hamstew

Post by hamstew » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:43 am

palerider wrote:

I would have thought that sort of thing is quite the norm for Somerset.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:03 am

So..Climate change "Protesters" are prepared to risk potentially bringing down an Airliner
over the Streets of London....Save the world...be fucked,shit stirring Anarchists,who would be
doing 15 years,for terrorism offences,if I had my way..

Brexit....seems some people are more worried that their little sack of tangerines will go up from
£1.20 to £1.35,(or even worse ,they can't get any.. :lol:) more than having Complete Control over
our Laws and Borders...

And...in Bury a father throws his own 11 month old Baby Son into a river from a bridge and
drowns him....

Fuck Me..
Happy days.............................
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:28 am

mkhammer wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:03 am
So..Climate change "Protesters" are prepared to risk potentially bringing down an Airliner
over the Streets of London....Save the world...be fucked,shit stirring Anarchists,who would be
doing 15 years,for terrorism offences,if I had my way..

Brexit....seems some people are more worried that their little sack of tangerines will go up from
£1.20 to £1.35,(or even worse ,they can't get any.. :lol:) more than having Complete Control over
our Laws and Borders...

And...in Bury a father throws his own 11 month old Baby Son into a river from a bridge and
drowns him....

Fuck Me..
Happy days.............................
The Father who did that should have he bollocks cut off and be fed to the lions.

I agree with your first paragraph too MK.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:36 am

Gareth Thomas...top top Bloke have so much respect and admiration for this guy...

But our Press/Media don't feel the same way....feeling it was their..."Public Duty" to tell
Gareths Parents he had HIV before he could tell them himself....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49739345

Alongside the Scum Newspaper who reckon it's best that we know about Ben Stokes's Familys most
Personal and intimate details...something that is extremely private and personal,it's a story that is
"out there" but to drag it up to sale a few fuckin newspapers...............

Used to admire the Press for some of their investigative journalism...still do in SOME respects...
But this crap is nothing short of disgusting..
1 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:22 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:36 am
Gareth Thomas...top top Bloke have so much respect and admiration for this guy...

But our Press/Media don't feel the same way....feeling it was their..."Public Duty" to tell

Alongside the Scum Newspaper who reckon it's best that we know about Ben Stokes's Familys most
Personal and intimate details...something that is extremely private and personal,it's a story that is

Used to admire the Press for some of their investigative journalism...still do in SOME respects...
This is where a newspaper dips into "yellow journalism". It shows contempt for it's readers because it basically says - here's a story about a retired sportsperson who has aids and he's confirmed gay so you lot can judge the blokes moral value and attribute how much sympathy you can spare.

Or it could be a catalyst that affords the retired sportsperson - now topical - opportunity to revive commercial interests
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:44 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:22 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:36 am

This is where a newspaper dips into "yellow journalism". It shows contempt for it's readers because it basically says - here's a story about a retired sportsperson who has aids and he's confirmed gay so you lot can judge the blokes moral value and attribute how much sympathy you can spare.

Or it could be a catalyst that affords the retired sportsperson - now topical - opportunity to revive commercial interests
90% of time you can be correct...No Such thing as bad publicity..
But this...both stories..
It's a case of them looking for that SHOCK headline....that draws peoples attention...
Clickbait ...modern term can use I spose' keep the views/Sales up purely for the advertisers,
fuck whether it's true or of relevance..or hurts someones reputation or whatever.
I fall for it and I hate it..touches on stuff we've all spoke about on here before...Freedom of speech,
Freedom of Press,how far does it stretch..Can you be allowed to print and say whatever you want
in public,and not be answerable to it...we may as well scrap the words Moral,and Privacy if people
aren't.

The Thomas Story especially...his doctors are Morally and LEGALLY bound not to disclose anything,
but the press aren't...there's something seriously wrong there,but to tell his parents...you can't get
much lower..
0 x

Social Media