Geordies

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Geordies

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:59 am

Ashley will relish this he loves winding the Geordie cunts up.
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:40 am

Sorry,Bruce has had his day and hasn't exactly pulled up trees?

They had a fantastic manager and wouldn't back him.It`s got disaster written all over it.I really feel for their fans.
0 x

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:05 pm

You can understand their fans being disgruntled can't you?
0 x
Flairon

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:42 pm

Flairon wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:05 pm
Yes,they are looking at a shit sandwich and we are dining à la carte
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:00 pm

Flairon wrote:
Yes, of course. But marching up and down the streets waving banners don't mean squat. The Newcastle fans I admire are the 13,000 or so who allegedly have refused to renew their season tickets. That will send a financial message that even Mike Ashley can't ignore. Particularly if he wants to justify his valuation of the club to potential buyers.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

JayK

Post by JayK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:42 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:26 pm
h69 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:38 pm
They are after Steve Bruce as manager.

looks like my relegation prediction is looking solid.
"After him" makes it sound as if Newcastle are actively pursuing the bloke. I'd suggest Bruce would walk to St James' Park to take up the position.

And I do agree it makes relegation even more likely.
I really don’t think Steve Bruce should be associated with walking unless it’s to Greggs
0 x
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:49 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:00 pm
Flairon wrote:
Yes, of course. But marching up and down the streets waving banners don't mean squat. The Newcastle fans I admire are the 13,000 or so who allegedly have refused to renew their season tickets. That will send a financial message that even Mike Ashley can't ignore. Particularly if he wants to justify his valuation of the club to potential buyers.
He can ignore them,because it`s the revenue from the TV companies that makes the majority of their money.Do the maths,if a season ticket is £500 a piece(cheap up there),it`s £6 million,not a great deal tbh.That`s why owners can stick their fingers up to fans.Bournemouth live on 10,500 fans attending their games.They'd have never done that before Sky come along.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:00 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:49 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:00 pm

He can ignore them,because it`s the revenue from the TV companies that makes the majority of their money.Do the maths,if a season ticket is £500 a piece(cheap up there),it`s £6 million,not a great deal tbh.That`s why owners can stick their fingers up to fans.Bournemouth live on 10,500 fans attending their games.They'd have never done that before Sky come along.
To a certain degree Terry. But:
Sky tend to swerve matches where there are likely to be loads of empty seats. Therefore fewer live games which equals less TV cash.
Potential buyers/investors in Newcastle will factor in loss of ST revenue when evaluating the value of the club.
Those same investors/potential buyers will also factor in the loss of revenue from club merchandise and even stuff like catering. 13,000 people, if the figure is right, every 2 weeks spend a lot of money at the ground and in the club shops.
Future sponsors will also note the reduced attendances and possible negative exposure for their products/services.

So whilst I agree in principle with what you're saying the loss of 13,000 season ticket holders isn't something that any club could take lightly. My point really is that it's easy to ignore a load of flag wavers marching up and down chanting about sacking the board and other such stuff, but it's less easy to ignore a significant fall in revenues.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:06 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:00 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:49 am

Sky tend to swerve matches where there are likely to be loads of empty seats. Therefore fewer live games which equals less TV cash.
Potential buyers/investors in Newcastle will factor in loss of ST revenue when evaluating the value of the club.
Those same investors/potential buyers will also factor in the loss of revenue from club merchandise and even stuff like catering. 13,000 people, if the figure is right, every 2 weeks spend a lot of money at the ground and in the club shops.
Future sponsors will also note the reduced attendances and possible negative exposure for their products/services.

So whilst I agree in principle with what you're saying the loss of 13,000 season ticket holders isn't something that any club could take lightly. My point really is that it's easy to ignore a load of flag wavers marching up and down chanting about sacking the board and other such stuff, but it's less easy to ignore a significant fall in revenues.
Sky set up 2/3 of the games to give every club an even number of games and then on top, the other 1/3 to teams that are fighting for the top 6.

I think they would televise a game with no one in the seats if they have sold the rights to China (like they have)
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:23 am

h69 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:06 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:00 am

Sky set up 2/3 of the games to give every club an even number of games and then on top, the other 1/3 to teams that are fighting for the top 6.

I think they would televise a game with no one in the seats if they have sold the rights to China (like they have)
We'll have to agree to differ on that one. The last thing Sky/BT want is to be televising a game totally devoid of atmosphere.

You're right that games, particularly after Christmas, are chosen so they have relevance to the title but there are usually a number of "televisable" fixtures each week and I'm fairly sure a near full house game is more likely to be featured than one where loads of empty seats are visible.
0 x

Social Media