The Transfer rumours have started here post !

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: The Transfer rumours have started here post !

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:44 am

hd1 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:17 am
dagenhamdave wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:22 pm
Not enough spent or players brought in to take us to the next level this coming season.

You need speed in this PL, Haller looks too big and slow for me, ok for the deadballs, remember he was not our first choice striker, more of a panic buy after the other fiasco.
Don't think Chico will score many once again either, we don't play his game.

So all in all, from what I have seen, not enough goals in this team for me as usual, and once again too many defensive problems to overcome, much the same as last season.

10-12th for me again, lets hope I am proven wrong.
You've seen a couple of pre-season game highlights and this is your opinion for the season?

I know it's all about opinions, but fuck me, what a load of old bollox! You don't panic buy a £45m striker 4 weeks before the end of the transfer deadline.

Haller to big and slow? Seen him play a lot then eh! We didn't play Hernandez's game last season but he still managed 7 goals in 14 starts (11 sub).

Defensively we are solid when we have Diop and Balbuena playing together and Fabianski behind, if we can keep them all fit then we should be easily able to improve on 10th given the attacking players we have.
Can't disagree with too much there tbh. It was only his second game ffs and he had a significant hand in the first two goals and scored the third. Not sure what some people expect.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:24 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:44 am
hd1 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:17 am

You've seen a couple of pre-season game highlights and this is your opinion for the season?

I know it's all about opinions, but fuck me, what a load of old bollox! You don't panic buy a £45m striker 4 weeks before the end of the transfer deadline.

Haller to big and slow? Seen him play a lot then eh! We didn't play Hernandez's game last season but he still managed 7 goals in 14 starts (11 sub).

Defensively we are solid when we have Diop and Balbuena playing together and Fabianski behind, if we can keep them all fit then we should be easily able to improve on 10th given the attacking players we have.
Can't disagree with too much there tbh. It was only his second game ffs and he had a significant hand in the first two goals and scored the third. Not sure what some people expect.
Last season, the facts prove that defensively we were pretty poor, and nothing has so far changed this season with the same players in the same positions, that is my point.
My personal preference is always for a smaller faster forward up front, no disrespect to Haller, lets hope we play to his strengths.
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:11 pm

Defensively when we had Diop and Balbuena playing together we were much more solid. Balbuena was out injured from Xmas through to April when we lost 7 games
0 x

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:14 pm

hd1 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:11 pm
Defensively when we had Diop and Balbuena playing together we were much more solid. Balbuena was out injured from Xmas through to April when we lost 7 games
He missed 14 games in total, I believe.
We lost 16 games in PL last season, so on your above we lost 7 games when he was injured.
Therefore we lost the other 9 when he was playing then?
So roughly 50% losses whether he played or not?
Not sure he made as much difference as you think?
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:22 pm

It is right to have an open mind about the new C/F.

We shouldn't normally expect performances to be proportionate to the high cost.

Our previous recent record buys have been Jarvis, Carroll and Arnie. Hardly successes.

And jury still out on Anderson having been a good buy.
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:27 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:14 pm
hd1 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:11 pm
He missed 14 games in total, I believe.
We lost 16 games in PL last season, so on your above we lost 7 games when he was injured.
Therefore we lost the other 9 when he was playing then?
So roughly 50% losses whether he played or not?
Not sure he made as much difference as you think?
True, but most of us wrote off those first 4 losses, as the whole team played badly.

The Diop/Balbuena partnership was in 7 losing games out of 16, and if you think about it after the first 4 games we only lost 3 when they played together.

But my point is we looked way better with Diop/Balbuena than we did with Diop/Ogbonna or Ogbonna/Balbuena
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:28 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:22 pm
And jury still out on Anderson having been a good buy.
Only the Numbnuts jury
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:21 pm

We'll see ;)
2 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:23 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
Not enough spent or players brought in to take us to the next level this coming season.

You need speed in this PL, Haller looks too big and slow for me, ok for the deadballs, remember he was not our first choice striker, more of a panic buy after the other fiasco.

So all in all, from what I have seen, not enough goals in this team for me as usual, and once again too many defensive problems to overcome, much the same as last season.

Hi Dave , how’s it hanging ?

I’d like to give MY opinion on your post a little at a time if I may ?

Though I do agree re the clubs net spend I would like to point out that it is possible to improve the squad with a low spend in the same way that it’s possible to get relegated having spent big ie Fulham .
I do agree that we will see not a lot of improvement position wise but imo that is because Pellegrini hasn’t addressed the positions that glaringly needed attention , ie full back and defensive midfield.

I would like to know where the tv money et al has gone .

Haller ? I’ve watched plenty of him previously and he ain’t slow and he ain’t too big .

I think your opinion of him will change mate.

Till we address the two positions I mentioned above I feel a lot of opp midfields will walk through us and we’ll concede hatfulls.

We’ll also score lots imo so it’s entertaining which is what we’ve been crying out for .

Surely ?
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:01 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:23 pm
dagenhamdave wrote:

Hi Dave , how’s it hanging ?

I’d like to give MY opinion on your post a little at a time if I may ?

Though I do agree re the clubs net spend I would like to point out that it is possible to improve the squad with a low spend in the same way that it’s possible to get relegated having spent big ie Fulham .
I do agree that we will see not a lot of improvement position wise but imo that is because Pellegrini hasn’t addressed the positions that glaringly needed attention , ie full back and defensive midfield.

I would like to know where the tv money et al has gone .

Haller ? I’ve watched plenty of him previously and he ain’t slow and he ain’t too big .

I think your opinion of him will change mate.

Till we address the two positions I mentioned above I feel a lot of opp midfields will walk through us and we’ll concede hatfulls.

We’ll also score lots imo so it’s entertaining which is what we’ve been crying out for .

Surely ?
Hi My Friend,
I am pretty good apart from old age, thanks for asking. I hope you and yours are well too.
I am happy to wait and see with Haller, but as stated my preference is ALWAYS speed and smaller, especially if hoofing returns, waste of time with Arnie, could not head a ball to save his life.

What ever you say about our defence last season it was very poor, probably why he is after the American lad.
With Pamela/Lanzini/Wilshire, could not see the point of Fornals TBH good or bad, a holding midfielder and another half decent striker should have come first in my opinion. Pamela needs to up his game especially without the ball, Lanzini needs to get fit, Wilshire needs to stay fit, Zab is too slow now.

I would sooner play a back three, with Arthur and Freddy on the wings with their speed, a 3-5-1-1(3-2-3-2) type, still what do I know. A back four has not worked under MP so you either change the players or the system?
Going by pre-season we are still going to let in a lot of goals, as last season, so something needs to change.
We may get an idea against MC?
0 x

Social Media