Where's the money?

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Where's the money?

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:10 am

Add Sanchez,Reid and Ogbonna to that list and I’ll be a happy man.
0 x

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:25 am

Ironworksfc wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:34 pm
How many clubs have gone under/dropped into obscurity spunking money they don't have?
We don't have a billionaire owner and need to balance the books
2 big signings that hopefully will come good
It's not easy competing with the big boys in this league, slow and steady will come good, be patient.
My response to that would be .. Why the stadium move then? I thought it was to take us on to the next level?
We've spent more when we were at Upton Park
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:43 am

jhammers wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:25 am
Ironworksfc wrote:
How many clubs have gone under/dropped into obscurity spunking money they don't have?
It's not easy competing with the big boys in this league, slow and steady will come good, be patient.
My response to that would be .. Why the stadium move then? I thought it was to take us on to the next level?
I agree with Mr Works to a degree. 2 very decent signings that are young enough to bring sell on value to replace If and When they leave. The fact they came here suggests we are indeed building a team that can break into that top 6. Wont be this season but one or 2 next year and we will be close. The owners are not big enough to spend 200 Million. What they keep on doing however is pushing up record transfer fee up. We have some valuable assets in the club now. Diop, Rice, Anderson, Haller , Fornals and Lanzini have solid prices on their heads. What is the most we have sold a player for?
Happy Hammer here.
Would Haller, Fornals and Diop be here if we were still at Upton Park???? Would Lanzini have stayed?
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:29 am

IronsForever wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:43 am
jhammers wrote:

I agree with Mr Works to a degree. 2 very decent signings that are young enough to bring sell on value to replace If and When they leave. The fact they came here suggests we are indeed building a team that can break into that top 6. Wont be this season but one or 2 next year and we will be close. The owners are not big enough to spend 200 Million. What they keep on doing however is pushing up record transfer fee up. We have some valuable assets in the club now. Diop, Rice, Anderson, Haller , Fornals and Lanzini have solid prices on their heads. What is the most we have sold a player for?
Happy Hammer here.
Would Haller, Fornals and Diop be here if we were still at Upton Park???? Would Lanzini have stayed?
Depends , if we had got Pellegrini in through the gates at Upton Park , or if Bilic had been given the same budget and the authority to spend has he wished , players may well of , Lanzini came .
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:49 am

Personally,I think we have moved forward.

The key to this is Pellegrini and Husillos.Let`s give Sullivan a bit of credit here for the past 15 months.They are well off,but they are not has rich has the majority of owners in our League.

I think we have a great Management Team and some great players. I, for one am looking forward to the new season,though I wish we wasn't playing City in our first game tbh.
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:06 am

Where's the money - Al Murray

I love this guy, the actual skit is 2/3 into the video of where's the money?.

:lol:
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:34 pm

jhammers wrote:
Ironworksfc wrote:
We all know the reason we moved was because Upton Park had outlived it's purpose. The place was a total shithouse of an area. Transport links were the worst in London, served only by the very unreliable District Line, and as for driving in and out. What a fucking nightmare that was and the only parking available was down dodgy looking sidestreets resembling the worst areas of fucking Faisalabad. The place was a fucking joke, And there were some soppy cunts who thought we should enlarge the stadium which would really have made getting to and from the place easier, wouldn't it ?

If they'd said something along those lines when the move was first announced, instead of giving it the next level bollocks, there wouldn't have been half the grief.
4 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:41 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:34 pm

We all know the reason we moved was because Upton Park had outlived it's purpose. The place was a total shithouse of an area. Transport links were the worst in London, served only by the very unreliable District Line, and as for driving in and out. What a fucking nightmare that was and the only parking available was down dodgy looking sidestreets resembling the worst areas of fucking Faisalabad. The place was a fucking joke, And there were some soppy cunts who thought we should enlarge the stadium which would really have made getting to and from the place easier, wouldn't it ?

If they'd said something along those lines when the move was first announced, instead of giving it the next level bollocks, there wouldn't have been half the grief.
And not forgetting Whisky, it had a sale value, for owners, whether we benefited as a club with the proceeds of the sale or it went elsewhere one will never know
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:04 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
jhammers wrote:

Spot on,
Heard that getting in and of Tottenham from their new stadium is an absolute nightmare. So bad in fact that I’ve seen warnings put up on M25 expect delays around A10 junction.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:56 pm

Towie wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:04 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

Spot on,
Heard that getting in and of Tottenham from their new stadium is an absolute nightmare. So bad in fact that I’ve seen warnings put up on M25 expect delays around A10 junction.
It was no picnic with 35,000 there so I can only imagine the problems now there’s nearly double that.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media