Are Man City ruining our game?

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Are Man City ruining our game?

Post by terrya1965 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:44 pm

Dom brought this subject up on West Ham Fan TV..He said,They are ruining the game with their total dominance.I can see where his coming from..Man U and Liverpool did dominate eras,but they never won everything domestically.City have won 7 of the last 8 trophies and averaged 99 points in the past 2 seasons(better than any team).

I do agree with him..They play great Football,but the lack of competition is making it boring.Mind you I would rather they rule the roost,than the likes of Man United and Liverpool.
1 x

JayK

Re: Are Man City ruining our game?

Post by JayK » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:49 pm

It’s not their fault so no, they’re not ruining the game. Maybe there needs to be a cap on transfer fees and wages to help everyone compete on an even level but Liverpool pushes them all the way last season so it’s not 1 team dominance
0 x
COYI!!!

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:22 pm

Yes.

A cap in transfers or salaries would presumably mean city, Liverpool, Man Utd et al would get first refusal of best players and we’d have to settle seconds, so nothing really changes!

They have so much spending advantage , buy a 40m player and stick him on the bench. Also have a dislike for the amount of pep noshing that goes on. Coached top teams in the world with unrivalled budgets is that a real test ? Pelli did it with similar budget at citeh, can’t do it with a real team and smaller budget, suspect peppy couldn’t either.
Fuckin dislike city quite passionately..& not just because of the shit I’ve had all weekend from the many fans I know...albeit that hasn’t helped my mood.
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 pm

Course their not ruining it the bindippers took them to the wire last season .
Any team that stops the North London Vermin cunts are ok in my book.
3 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 pm
Yes,Liverpool did take them to the wire,but imo,they got very lucky in a lot of their games getting the points..If VAR would have been round last year,they wouldn't have got so near.

Man City were the opposite,they were unlucky to lose their 4 games imo.
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:50 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:35 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 pm
Yes,Liverpool did take them to the wire,but imo,they got very lucky in a lot of their games getting the points..If VAR would have been round last year,they wouldn't have got so near.

Man City were the opposite,they were unlucky to lose their 4 games imo.
Sky did some report using VAr over all games from last season and they had it Liverpool would have won the league by 1point.

As to your opening post, no they are not it is up to all the other clubs to get to their level. For 45mins yesterday I thought we were.
When was the last time we played Citeh that we had 45% possession?
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:54 pm

As with anything, there will always be a dominant side/team/sportsman in all sports. It’s not new it’s happened in all sports for as long as I can remember. Pick a top sport. F1 Mercedes at the moment, Cycling Team Sky at the moment, etc etc. It’s up to all the others to raise their game to match or wait till the dominance ends or the rules change.
I don’t think Man City are ruining the game, if anything they are raising the bar. Sure we as a club can’t match them money wise but we can aspire to play a similar style which is easy on the eye, playing good football. Personally I hated the hoofball or goalkeepers hitting the ball to each other as it used to be.
If the owners of Man City bought our club instead of theirs years ago and did exactly the same with us leading to the success they currently enjoy would we all be saying West Ham are ruining the game? Would we fuck!
1 x
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:39 pm

Nope. We are quite capable of doing that ourselves. :?
1 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:46 pm

eastcoastclaret wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:54 pm
As with anything, there will always be a dominant side/team/sportsman in all sports. It’s not new it’s happened in all sports for as long as I can remember. Pick a top sport. F1 Mercedes at the moment, Cycling Team Sky at the moment, etc etc. It’s up to all the others to raise their game to match or wait till the dominance ends or the rules change.
I don’t think Man City are ruining the game, if anything they are raising the bar. Sure we as a club can’t match them money wise but we can aspire to play a similar style which is easy on the eye, playing good football. Personally I hated the hoofball or goalkeepers hitting the ball to each other as it used to be.
If the owners of Man City bought our club instead of theirs years ago and did exactly the same with us leading to the success they currently enjoy would we all be saying West Ham are ruining the game? Would we fuck!
Of coarse we wouldn't and I doubt if any City fan will be saying that either..I am just asking the question to see what people think?Like I said,I'd rather City win anything over Liverpool and United.
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:37 pm

Is this a Formula 1 thread?..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Social Media