Are Man City ruining our game?

Chat about anything football related here!
eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Re: Are Man City ruining our game?

Post by eastcoastclaret » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:20 pm

h69 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:26 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Yes,Liverpool did take them to the wire,but imo,they got very lucky in a lot of their games getting the points..If VAR would have been round last year,they wouldn't have got so near.

Man City were the opposite,they were unlucky to lose their 4 games imo.
As opposed to Man United in the 90s and Liverpool in the 80s. Granted, City hammer teams more than the scousers used to but sport is cyclical and it will be someone else in future and almost always the richest win when you can buy players for money.

I dont mind it myself. What ruins football for me is :

1) Transfer Window
2) Stupid KO times
3) Media obsession with big clubs
4) Constant Rule changes
5) No terracing
6) Fans demanding a matchday experience. I preferred the old days when you just stood on a terrace and watched the game and had next to no facilities

2) Stupid KO times

This is the one thing that started to fuck me off proper and is the main reason why I don’t/can’t now have a season ticket. :(
It makes it impossible, for me, to attend all the games. It never used to be that bad but now kick off times vary and matches are pretty much any day of the week now and even then the games I could go to then get changed. It was supposed to be a working mans sport. The trouble is with the way fixtures are organised it’s almost impossible for the working man to attend...
:evil:
1 x
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:52 pm

in a few years time i think city will be just like the man utd and liverpool and arsenal of old and will not be winning every trophy
i just looking forward to when the oil barons of the middle east leave city
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:20 am

eastcoastclaret wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:20 pm
The trouble is with the way fixtures are organised it’s almost impossible for the working man to attend...
Oh ffs. Are you saying the 60,000 or so w ho turned up Saturday are not “working men” .?

Or women of course.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:24 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:20 am
eastcoastclaret wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:20 pm
The trouble is with the way fixtures are organised it’s almost impossible for the working man to attend...
Oh ffs. Are you saying the 60,000 or so w ho turned up Saturday are not “working men” .?

Or women of course.
Right on cue :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:19 am

Towie wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:57 pm
h69 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:26 pm

As opposed to Man United in the 90s and Liverpool in the 80s. Granted, City hammer teams more than the scousers used to but sport is cyclical and it will be someone else in future and almost always the richest win when you can buy players for money.

I dont mind it myself. What ruins football for me is :

1) Transfer Window
2) Stupid KO times
3) Media obsession with big clubs
4) Constant Rule changes
5) No terracing
6) Fans demanding a matchday experience. I preferred the old days when you just stood on a terrace and watched the game and had next to no facilities
Yep, couldn’t beat someone pissing up the back of your leg. :lol:
:lol:

Happened to me once at Southampton. Game that Paul Rideout got a hattrick and we lost 4-0 on the opening day, I believe Cottee got a hattrick for Everton on the same day as well on his debut meaning it was an awful day all round :lol:

But more often than not, the terracing created an atmosphere that has long gone. People talk about the lack of atmosphere at the current place but it had mostly gone at UP.
The atmosphere at the cup semi v Forest at VP despite losing, the atmosphere at the Everton Q-final that year, Liverpool in the Littlewoods cup (4-1), Eintracht Frankfurt......those were great experiences and I miss that.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 pm

Good luck to em
Putting up with all that shit from their fucking despicable neighbours for all them years,people were even having a go about them slaughtering fucking minnows ,fuck
em
A totally professional football team all the way through.
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:09 pm

h69 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:19 am
Towie wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:57 pm

Yep, couldn’t beat someone pissing up the back of your leg. :lol:
:lol:

Happened to me once at Southampton. Game that Paul Rideout got a hattrick and we lost 4-0 on the opening day, I believe Cottee got a hattrick for Everton on the same day as well on his debut meaning it was an awful day all round :lol:

But more often than not, the terracing created an atmosphere that has long gone. People talk about the lack of atmosphere at the current place but it had mostly gone at UP.
The atmosphere at the cup semi v Forest at VP despite losing, the atmosphere at the Everton Q-final that year, Liverpool in the Littlewoods cup (4-1), Eintracht Frankfurt......those were great experiences and I miss that.
Not forgetting the Elland Rd semi replay of course, another great night
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:21 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 pm
Good luck to em
Putting up with all that shit from their fucking despicable neighbours for all them years,people were even having a go about them slaughtering fucking minnows ,fuck
em
They remind me of a Roman outfit going into battle. Well drilled. Work as a unit , defending and attacking and they dont stop until everyone is dead!!
They wear you down, let you chase the ball for a while. Gradually they advance through yer lines and find a weakness. Once they have that weakness they exploit it over and over. Could be a simple move like Lanzini or Jack advancing too far forward when trying to build an attack. Then on the counter a midfielder will move into a slot where they should be.Rice has to cover, 2 players breaking with a runner. Goodnight!!!!!!
Very talented. Extremely fit and hungry for goals. Solid unit that can find your sole weakness . A manager that is relentless in pursuit of perfection.
At the end of the day we went 3-0 down and thought fuck it. Players were struggling being first game of season against a team that had to be fit a week earlier. Our system was set up for building an attack not defending, so 3-0 down your system is now buggered and broke. 3-0 or 5-0 makes no difference to me. The test is against Brighton away on Saturday who beat watford 0-3 the weekend.

If we play with 5 offensive players we need to score goals. Simple as that.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:53 pm

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -avoid-ban

Oh well, the diamond-encrusted chandelier in the away team changing room will have to wait a couple of weeks.

They must’ve been pissing themselves when they were informed about that fine :lol:
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:10 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 pm
Good luck to em
em
I go along with you on that..United fans looked down on City and see them has Nobodies.It`s now pay back time.Nothing gives more pleasure seeing City wipe the floor with them.That 6-1 win at Old Trafford was brilliant.I just want to see them do it again.
1 x

Social Media