Most of us agree that we need a box to box midfielder to slot in alongside Rice in centre midfield.

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Riceascaptain
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:48 pm
x 8
x 7

Re: Most of us agree that we need a box to box midfielder to slot in alongside Rice in centre midfield.

Post by Riceascaptain » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:06 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:04 pm
Riceascaptain wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:00 pm


So you wanna field 2 DM´s in the starting line up ?
Yes . And history tells us so does Pellegrini.

The problem IS he sees Noble or Wheelchair doing it.
When has Pellegrini done that? Yaya Toure isn´t a DM btw he is a box to box midfielder
0 x

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 10903
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 670
x 441

Re: Most of us agree that we need a box to box midfielder to slot in alongside Rice in centre midfield.

Post by Newmarket » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Riceascaptain wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:06 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:04 pm


Yes . And history tells us so does Pellegrini.

The problem IS he sees Noble or Wheelchair doing it.
When has Pellegrini done that? Yaya Toure isn´t a DM btw he is a box to box midfielder
No but Fernando ( or whatever his name was) and Fernandinho were/are as were the 2 fellas he had at Malaga and Villarreal whose names escape me.

Clayton and Andy will be along at some stage with the specifics.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

User avatar
Riceascaptain
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:48 pm
x 8
x 7

Re: Most of us agree that we need a box to box midfielder to slot in alongside Rice in centre midfield.

Post by Riceascaptain » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:13 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:09 pm
Riceascaptain wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:06 pm


When has Pellegrini done that? Yaya Toure isn´t a DM btw he is a box to box midfielder
No but Fernando ( or whatever his name was) and Fernandinho were/are as were the 2 fellas he had at Malaga and Villarreal whose names escape me.

Clayton and Andy will be along at some stage with the specifics.
Fair enough, when I say a box to box midfielder it is someone who can defend and attack btw. But I wouldn´t be unhappy if a proper DM slotted in alongside Rice. We seriously lack steel in midfield and another DM or an athletic box to box midfielder would sort that out
1 x

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 10903
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 670
x 441

Re: Most of us agree that we need a box to box midfielder to slot in alongside Rice in centre midfield.

Post by Newmarket » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Riceascaptain wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:13 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:09 pm


No but Fernando ( or whatever his name was) and Fernandinho were/are as were the 2 fellas he had at Malaga and Villarreal whose names escape me.

Clayton and Andy will be along at some stage with the specifics.
Fair enough, when I say a box to box midfielder it is someone who can defend and attack btw. But I wouldn´t be unhappy if a proper DM slotted in alongside Rice. We seriously lack steel in midfield and another DM or an athletic box to box midfielder would sort that out
The terms DM and/or B2B midfielder ( to coin a term used on another message board ) are a little bit ambiguous as to definition and are open to interpretation for sure which is what I meant by us being here till next August arguing amongst ourselves as to what is required .

I understand totally what you mean and get where you’re coming from.
In fact I can see Rice becoming the up & down (the pitch) type player you’re describing .

I just think we need a Cunt playing alongside him with a “none shall pass” attitude.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

User avatar
Hammertime
Posts: 1553
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm
x 20
x 88

Re: Most of us agree that we need a box to box midfielder to slot in alongside Rice in centre midfield.

Post by Hammertime » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:09 pm
Riceascaptain wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:06 pm


When has Pellegrini done that? Yaya Toure isn´t a DM btw he is a box to box midfielder
No but Fernando ( or whatever his name was) and Fernandinho were/are as were the 2 fellas he had at Malaga and Villarreal whose names escape me.

Clayton and Andy will be along at some stage with the specifics.
The modern game has 2 players in the cm with slightly different roles. As Rice develops he might go from the more defensive role to the box to box role. However we will never know this until we sign some quality to play alongside him.
1 x
Patriotism, like celibacy, can be carried too far!

User avatar
Riceascaptain
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:48 pm
x 8
x 7

Re: Most of us agree that we need a box to box midfielder to slot in alongside Rice in centre midfield.

Post by Riceascaptain » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Hammertime wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:07 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:09 pm


No but Fernando ( or whatever his name was) and Fernandinho were/are as were the 2 fellas he had at Malaga and Villarreal whose names escape me.

Clayton and Andy will be along at some stage with the specifics.
The modern game has 2 players in the cm with slightly different roles. As Rice develops he might go from the more defensive role to the box to box role. However we will never know this until we sign some quality to play alongside him.
Agreed, I just can not understand why no one was signed in this position! Should have been the main signing this summer
0 x

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 5929
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am
x 321
x 408

Re: Most of us agree that we need a box to box midfielder to slot in alongside Rice in centre midfield.

Post by IronsForever » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:03 pm

Riceascaptain wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:00 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Take a butchers at the recent transfer thread . It’s full of suggestions that Pellegrini obviously doesn’t agree with.
I’d go as far as to say WE don’t know what we need let alone who .
You say box to box required I say DM required .

We could be here till next August and it still wouldn’t be addressed.
So you wanna field 2 DM´s in the starting line up ?
Against a top 6 team yes. Teams around us no proving Jack is fit.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 5929
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am
x 321
x 408

Re: Most of us agree that we need a box to box midfielder to slot in alongside Rice in centre midfield.

Post by IronsForever » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:11 pm

Riceascaptain wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:18 pm
Hammertime wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:07 pm


The modern game has 2 players in the cm with slightly different roles. As Rice develops he might go from the more defensive role to the box to box role. However we will never know this until we sign some quality to play alongside him.
Agreed, I just can not understand why no one was signed in this position! Should have been the main signing this summer
Easy answer. We had a certain amount to spend. 3 strikers went. Chico is not good enough as no.1 striker so a decent signing was paramount there. Fornals was nabbed i guess because he was available and only 22 years old. Same for Ajet. . We have 4 holding Mid players in Rice, Noble Snodgrass and Sanchez. Not ideal because Snoddy isn,t a natural holding but can play there. A Defensive mid player we desperately need but we need to splash some decent wonga and after how everything unfolded in the window the dough wasnt there this season to go for a decent player. Doesn,t excuse them not trying a loan deal but maybe no one was available for that.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 453
x 572

Re: Most of us agree that we need a box to box midfielder to slot in alongside Rice in centre midfield.

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:24 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:11 pm
Riceascaptain wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:18 pm


Agreed, I just can not understand why no one was signed in this position! Should have been the main signing this summer
Easy answer. We had a certain amount to spend. 3 strikers went. Chico is not good enough as no.1 striker so a decent signing was paramount there. Fornals was nabbed i guess because he was available and only 22 years old. Same for Ajet. . We have 4 holding Mid players in Rice, Noble Snodgrass and Sanchez. Not ideal because Snoddy isn,t a natural holding but can play there. A Defensive mid player we desperately need but we need to splash some decent wonga and after how everything unfolded in the window the dough wasnt there this season to go for a decent player. Doesn,t excuse them not trying a loan deal but maybe no one was available for that.
Can't disagree with that, mate.
Pelle needed a quality striker and I honestly think he believes Wilshere and Lanzini aren't up to snuff creatively, hence Fornals.
I think if the money had been there this summer he'd have picked up a quality CM/DM.
I'd be amazed if someone like Kessie or Barella wasn't top of the shopping list next summer. Though maybe we're too late for either of those players.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 5929
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am
x 321
x 408

Re: Most of us agree that we need a box to box midfielder to slot in alongside Rice in centre midfield.

Post by IronsForever » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:32 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:24 pm
IronsForever wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:11 pm


Easy answer. We had a certain amount to spend. 3 strikers went. Chico is not good enough as no.1 striker so a decent signing was paramount there. Fornals was nabbed i guess because he was available and only 22 years old. Same for Ajet. . We have 4 holding Mid players in Rice, Noble Snodgrass and Sanchez. Not ideal because Snoddy isn,t a natural holding but can play there. A Defensive mid player we desperately need but we need to splash some decent wonga and after how everything unfolded in the window the dough wasnt there this season to go for a decent player. Doesn,t excuse them not trying a loan deal but maybe no one was available for that.
Can't disagree with that, mate.
Pelle needed a quality striker and I honestly think he believes Wilshere and Lanzini aren't up to snuff creatively, hence Fornals.
I think if the money had been there this summer he'd have picked up a quality CM/DM.
I'd be amazed if someone like Kessie or Barella wasn't top of the shopping list next summer. Though maybe we're too late for either of those players.
Have to expect a big midfield signing next season Nev. Snoddy got a years extension was it? he might be off. Sanchez will jog on coming up to 33 and a bench warmer. Noble is closing in on 33 is it? I wouldnt be surprised if 2 came in.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply

Social Media