Most of us agree that we need a box to box midfielder to slot in alongside Rice in centre midfield.

Chat about anything football related here!
Watcher

Re: Most of us agree that we need a box to box midfielder to slot in alongside Rice in centre midfield.

Post by Watcher » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:38 am

I agree the centre midfield is a weakness and I would be very surprised if the main signing wont be a CM in January or in the summer, it must be Pellegrini's priority. He is not blind and like others have explained he had to use his limited resources elsewhere because of the snake Arnaoutovic and of course the money grabbing cunts Sullivan and Gold.

I just hope Pellegrini sticks with us for at least 2 or 3 years but I doubt he will because of the limited resources he has to work with.

Time will tell

He should have got at least 100 million net spend this summer after all the lies they sold us to get us out of Upton Park to the olympic stadium! but 70 million would have been enough for Pellerini and Husillos to work with to shore up the midfield and defence. But of course they sold us lies after lies and nobody says nothing about that anymore. SAD
0 x

Clayton

Re: Most of us agree that we need a box to box midfielder to slot in alongside Rice in centre midfield.

Post by Clayton » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:17 pm

Riceascaptain wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:06 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:04 pm

Yes . And history tells us so does Pellegrini.

The problem IS he sees Noble or Wheelchair doing it.
When has Pellegrini done that? Yaya Toure isn´t a DM btw he is a box to box midfielder
Here you go guys , Toure's secondary positon was DM .
Villareal - Senna/Eguren
Real Madrid - Alonso/Gago
Malaga - Camacho/Toulalan
Man City - Fernandinho/Toure
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:30 pm

Clayton wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:17 pm
Riceascaptain wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:06 pm

When has Pellegrini done that? Yaya Toure isn´t a DM btw he is a box to box midfielder
Here you go guys , Toure's secondary positon was DM .
Villareal - Senna/Eguren
Real Madrid - Alonso/Gago
Malaga - Camacho/Toulalan
Man City - Fernandinho/Toure
Don’t forget Yaya’s predecessor Clay ;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernand ... born_1987)
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:38 pm

What about the lad at Newcastle, Isaac Hayden?
0 x
Flairon

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Flairon wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:38 pm
What about the lad at Newcastle, Isaac Hayden?
Looks very ordinary to me Flair , he’s neither one thing or the other and we have plenty of those already.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:07 pm

So what DM´s could realistically sign for us then I hear you ask

Santiago Ascacíbar 22 year old Argentinian Stuttgart player

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santiago_Ascac%C3%ADbar

Thiago Maia 22 year old Brazilian Lille player

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiago_Maia

Franck Yannick Kessié 22 year old Ivory Coast Ac Milan player

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franck_Kessi%C3%A9

Ibrahim Sangaré 21 year old Ivory Coast Toulouse player

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Sangar%C3%A9

Any others ?
0 x

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:50 pm

Riceascaptain wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:18 pm
Hammertime wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:07 pm

The modern game has 2 players in the cm with slightly different roles. As Rice develops he might go from the more defensive role to the box to box role. However we will never know this until we sign some quality to play alongside him.
Agreed, I just can not understand why no one was signed in this position! Should have been the main signing this summer
As I've been harping on in just about every other thread on this topic, I think the Ajeti signing was a mistake (given that Chicha didn't move). That money and whatever extra should have been prioritized for the DM position, any striker woes would be instantly cured by the fact that we were already 3 deep (with Antonio) and Silva, when recovered, could have been an emergency 4th. Knowing that we can't get all we want in one window and the squad itself must be balanced, the overall ins and outs have led to one glaring area of imbalance for this season. Not the end of the world given the youth of Fornals, Haller & Ajeti, but short sighted for a team that's expected to compete for Europa league places now.
0 x
Patriotism, like celibacy, can be carried too far!

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:37 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:32 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:24 pm

Can't disagree with that, mate.
Pelle needed a quality striker and I honestly think he believes Wilshere and Lanzini aren't up to snuff creatively, hence Fornals.
I think if the money had been there this summer he'd have picked up a quality CM/DM.
I'd be amazed if someone like Kessie or Barella wasn't top of the shopping list next summer. Though maybe we're too late for either of those players.
Have to expect a big midfield signing next season Nev. Snoddy got a years extension was it? he might be off. Sanchez will jog on coming up to 33 and a bench warmer. Noble is closing in on 33 is it? I wouldnt be surprised if 2 came in.
I can see us looking at a couple of midfielders, a fullback or two and, if the Portuguese lad doesn't progress, maybe another CB. I guess a lot depends if we have any major outs next summer.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Social Media