Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:37 am

After our poor yet again performance against Brighton whom we got away with a draw. All I hope West Ham to have a better performance and Wilshere need to wake up and start performing as he promise. Antonion should start alongside fit Haller. Mark Noble had just started training so probably he will be on the bench. All I hope Ben Johnson to play at left back as he is far better than Cressie and Masuaku but Pellegrini is beginning to be like BFS with stubbornness. Please put Bulbuena back with Diop.

Squad if I were Pellegrini:

Fabianski

Frederick
Bulbuena
Diop
Johnson

Yarmolenko
Rice
Snodgrass
Anderson

Haller
Antonio

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
0 x

BlackDiamond

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:48 am

Ibbyham wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:37 am
After our poor yet again performance against Brighton whom we got away with a draw. All I hope West Ham to have a better performance and Wilshere need to wake up and start performing as he promise. Antonion should start alongside fit Haller. Mark Noble had just started training so probably he will be on the bench. All I hope Ben Johnson to play at left back as he is far better than Cressie and Masuaku but Pellegrini is beginning to be like BFS with stubbornness. Please put Bulbuena back with Diop.

Fabianski

Frederick
Bulbuena
Diop
Johnson

Yarmolenko
Rice
Snodgrass
Anderson

Haller
Antonio

Well done Ibbs - I wouldn't be dropping Lanzini who looked the most competent player over the two games. And Mark Noble will be starting even if he only lasts 60 mins.

I like to think of Yarmolenko and Mr Snoddy as semi impactful players when I'm in a wholly generous mood...
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:30 am

In keeping with the general gnashing of teeth and knicker soiling that goes with one point from our opening two games can I be the first to say, after one point from 6.

IBBY OUT ! ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:33 am

BlackDiamond wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:48 am
Ibbyham wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:37 am

Fabianski

Frederick
Bulbuena
Diop
Johnson

Yarmolenko
Rice
Snodgrass
Anderson

Haller
Antonio

Well done Ibbs - I wouldn't be dropping Lanzini who looked the most competent player over the two games. And Mark Noble will be starting even if he only lasts 60 mins.

I like to think of Yarmolenko and Mr Snoddy as semi impactful players when I'm in a wholly generous mood...
You could be right.....Lanzini will be in starting line-up and hope Noble will partner Rice.....Bulbuena partner Diop in defence and hope Johnson will slot in LB.

Revised Squad:

Fabianski

Fredericks
Bulbuena
Diop
Johnson

Rice
Noble

Antonio
Lanzini
Snodgrass/Anderson/Fornals

Haller
0 x

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:54 am

Another game where i fear us getting completely overrun in the centre of midfield. Doucoure and Capoue will have a field day.

Fabianski
Fredericks, Blabuena, Diop, Masuaku
Rice, Noble
Antonio, Lanzini, Anderson
Haller

Madness that will still relying on Noble to be our savior in midfield.
If he's not fit then play Snodgrass as least he runs about and puts in a good shift.

Not confident at all :(
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:07 pm

Watford have a strong midfield so its 3 in the center for me.

..................................................Flappy...............................
Fredericks..............................Balbuena..........................Diop..................Masuaku
............................Noble............................Rice...................Whilshire..
...........................Antonio.....................Haller........................Lanzini.

We need to be a tad more realistic and strengthen the midfield. Whilshire can link up with the 3 offensive whilst Noble and Rice try to stop any counter.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:57 pm

jhammers wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:54 am
Fabianski
Fredericks, Blabuena, Diop, Masuaku
Rice, Noble
Antonio, Lanzini, Anderson
Haller
What this man said. After Fab, Antonio is the first name on the team sheet for me. Then Lanzini in present form. We need Noble next to Rice. We need Haller & Anderson, so the team is picked.

The defense picks itself apart from LB, thats like choosing if you would like to be kicked in the left bollock or right bollock really. But we need consistency and Pelle needs to go with one and stick with him. As Arthur got the contract, it would seem he is the man, so just go with him.
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:39 am

Defeat on the cards here, they will bully us all over the pitch.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:53 am

They are shit and low in confidence, if they start Deeney and we dont go for the jugular from the start we can blow away our candle in the wind.

Have some belief West Ham please (i.e. you can put 4 passes together every 2 mins if you try)
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:00 am

Our piss poor spineless midfield and woeful defense will be overrun yet again.
Hope Fabianski can keep the score down.
0 x

Social Media