Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
aklhammer

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by aklhammer » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:08 am

They have played hoofball last two games, they dont have any more confidence in their mid than we do
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:06 pm

aklhammer wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:08 am
They have played hoofball last two games, they dont have any more confidence in their mid than we do
It is exactly the hoof ball tactics that usually end up with us losing. Burnley?
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:07 pm

jhammers wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:54 am
Another game where i fear us getting completely overrun in the centre of midfield. Doucoure and Capoue will have a field day.

Fabianski
Fredericks, Blabuena, Diop, Masuaku
Rice, Noble
Antonio, Lanzini, Anderson
Haller

Madness that will still relying on Noble to be our savior in midfield.
If he's not fit then play Snodgrass as least he runs about and puts in a good shift.

Not confident at all :(
I'll go with that if all fit, I think there is a bit of pressure on Haller to hit the ground running. The idea to play Antonio and Haller up front together is an interesting one and their centre backs would not like it but I fear we would be overrun in midfield, definitely an appealing option if we are chasing a game though. These games are won and lost in midfield, if our midfield can take some control there will be less pressure on our dodgy full backs. Hopefully the manager will give them a rocket and let them know they have to win their battles and track back as well as the attacking. Brighton outclassed us.

Two teams low on confidence but we are only two games in we'll turn it around. Noble and Antonio to add a bit of steel.

A West Ham 2-0 win
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:56 am

So after my over enthusiastic proclamation of a season of beautiful attacking football and a seventh place finish , well it was foretold in a dream :roll: We and especially me have been brought down to earth with a all mighty thud .
Sorry to say it Pellegrini but you are either over the hill or have dementia , you are not playing a system to the strengths of the players you have , I am not even sure you know what players you have available looking at the teams sent on to the pitch the last 2 games . I dont even think you have the players now to play any system successfully after getting shot of Obiang and not replacing him .
We dont have the holding players to play your preferred system yet you persist in trying to play it , we dont even have the players to try and pack out the center and have three in there , maybe Noble ( Sanchez ) in there with Rice and Lanzini in a 4-3-3 , our fullbacks , well the LB's are both championship prospects but even our RB's aren't exactly bombing it . And why are you changing the CB's , we need consistency Balbuena may have been poor against Man City but he is ten times the player Ogbonna is , and to be honest for 70 minutes the whole team were crap .
Plus why the fuck are you changing the captain first two games , Cresswell is no captain , nor is Ogbonna , neither fill me with enthusiasm , maybe it's to early for Rice but we have Balbuena who isn't called the general because he is average .
Just don't know how you are going to turn this around old boy but you have to , or we are in for many weeks of shite football and shite results and looking at finishing Fourteenth if not worse !.
There you go guys back to my grounded self , telling it like it is ;) .
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:28 am

Clayton wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:56 am
So after my over enthusiastic proclamation of a season of beautiful attacking football and a seventh place finish , well it was foretold in a dream :roll: We and especially me have been brought down to earth with a all mighty thud .
Sorry to say it Pellegrini but you are either over the hill or have dementia , you are not playing a system to the strengths of the players you have , I am not even sure you know what players you have available looking at the teams sent on to the pitch the last 2 games . I dont even think you have the players now to play any system successfully after getting shot of Obiang and not replacing him .
We dont have the holding players to play your preferred system yet you persist in trying to play it , we dont even have the players to try and pack out the center and have three in there , maybe Noble ( Sanchez ) in there with Rice and Lanzini in a 4-3-3 , our fullbacks , well the LB's are both championship prospects but even our RB's aren't exactly bombing it . And why are you changing the CB's , we need consistency Balbuena may have been poor against Man City but he is ten times the player Ogbonna is , and to be honest for 70 minutes the whole team were crap .
Plus why the fuck are you changing the captain first two games , Cresswell is no captain , nor is Ogbonna , neither fill me with enthusiasm , maybe it's to early for Rice but we have Balbuena who isn't called the general because he is average .
Just don't know how you are going to turn this around old boy but you have to , or we are in for many weeks of shite football and shite results and looking at finishing Fourteenth if not worse !.
There you go guys back to my grounded self , telling it like it is ;) .
Keep the faith,a 7th place finish is entirely possible.I predict both Haller and Fornals will have successful seasons.

Let's assess after the next six games. Logically,everybody will be into their stride by then and that includes Manuel.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:38 am

Mancunian Hammer wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:07 pm
jhammers wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:54 am
Another game where i fear us getting completely overrun in the centre of midfield. Doucoure and Capoue will have a field day.

Fabianski
Fredericks, Blabuena, Diop, Masuaku
Rice, Noble
Antonio, Lanzini, Anderson
Haller

Madness that will still relying on Noble to be our savior in midfield.
If he's not fit then play Snodgrass as least he runs about and puts in a good shift.

Not confident at all :(
I'll go with that if all fit, I think there is a bit of pressure on Haller to hit the ground running. The idea to play Antonio and Haller up front together is an interesting one and their centre backs would not like it but I fear we would be overrun in midfield, definitely an appealing option if we are chasing a game though. These games are won and lost in midfield, if our midfield can take some control there will be less pressure on our dodgy full backs. Hopefully the manager will give them a rocket and let them know they have to win their battles and track back as well as the attacking. Brighton outclassed us.

Two teams low on confidence but we are only two games in we'll turn it around. Noble and Antonio to add a bit of steel.

A West Ham 2-0 win
You make some good points but if we are dependant on Messrs Noble & Antonio to give us a lift I'm afraid the expected improvement will be a while in coming. BD is spot on. Wait until a few games have been played and then make our judgments.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

h69

Post by h69 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:31 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:38 am
Mancunian Hammer wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:07 pm

A West Ham 2-0 win
You make some good points but if we are dependant on Messrs Noble & Antonio to give us a lift I'm afraid the expected improvement will be a while in coming. BD is spot on. Wait until a few games have been played and then make our judgments.
We have to give Haller a bit of time to settle as well as Fornals. The Bundesliga is very different to the PL and these guys also need to get used to living in England as well.. I think he will be a good player though.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:59 pm

Funny how that little cunt Trossard played a blinder without having to settle in and have his arse wiped for Brighton Saturday.
1 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:37 pm

Wellbeck to open his account
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:00 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:59 pm
Funny how that little cunt Trossard played a blinder without having to settle in and have his arse wiped for Brighton Saturday.
Some do, some don't. That said, I thought Haller played pretty well in the game that he has played.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Social Media