Tripp Smith is going to buy West Ham United soon

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Tripp Smith is going to buy West Ham United soon

Post by Brookbonds73 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:49 pm

Ironworksfc wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:52 pm
h69 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:38 pm

There is a reason why he is rich.

I think he has bought into it to see his initial stake grow. As long as clubs stay in the PL, they are guaranteed to grow in value while the TV deal keeps getting re-signed. Its actually a sound investment until the TV bubble finally bursts and the money he paid in is quite nominal for him so even if it did, he will have taken out double in the meantime.

If he had wanted to buy the club, he is rich enough to have completed that in a heartbeat but that would be more risky and I guess he is on a cash cow at the moment.
I can't see the TV bubble bursting anytime soon
It amazes me, I fully expected the arse to fall out of it by now, but there you go.
The thing that irks me is that while the premiership rolls in dough, smaller clubs up and down the country are going to the wall, fucking shame.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:05 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:49 pm
Ironworksfc wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:52 pm

I can't see the TV bubble bursting anytime soon
It amazes me, I fully expected the arse to fall out of it by now, but there you go.
The thing that irks me is that while the premiership rolls in dough, smaller clubs up and down the country are going to the wall, fucking shame.
Modern world, you have your core of die hard fans that go to the games, week in, week out, but there are so many who want to watch the games in a pub, or in their own house on TV. Let's not forget all the foreign countries who want to watch what is meant to be the best league in the world, that's not going to change, unless VAR ruins things.
0 x

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:20 am

Surely we have all been West Ham fans long enough not to believe that any thing sich as a rich benefactor is going to ride to the rescue!!!
0 x
Flairon

garnett

Post by garnett » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:22 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:22 pm
h69 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:38 pm

There is a reason why he is rich.

I think he has bought into it to see his initial stake grow. As long as clubs stay in the PL, they are guaranteed to grow in value while the TV deal keeps getting re-signed. Its actually a sound investment until the TV bubble finally bursts and the money he paid in is quite nominal for him so even if it did, he will have taken out double in the meantime.

If he had wanted to buy the club, he is rich enough to have completed that in a heartbeat but that would be more risky and I guess he is on a cash cow at the moment.
What he’s invested is peanuts to him and/or those he’s representing. There are many other ventures of which he’s far more familiar that would yield far more ROI than this football club so I don’t believe he’s invested just to make a few quid.
It’s just too small.

As Andy said.... it doesn’t mean that he WILL be involved in a take over but there are (imo) certainly more motives than just making a few bob. Perhaps he’s prospecting and will make a decision at some point and if it’s not attractive enough or they can’t agree on certain terms then he’ll pull out.

Morning, Lets hope there is something to sing about on the horizon, he has invested for a reason, Gold`s shares may well come up for grabs in the near future.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:05 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:18 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:22 pm

What he’s invested is peanuts to him and/or those he’s representing. There are many other ventures of which he’s far more familiar that would yield far more ROI than this football club so I don’t believe he’s invested just to make a few quid.
It’s just too small.

As Andy said.... it doesn’t mean that he WILL be involved in a take over but there are (imo) certainly more motives than just making a few bob. Perhaps he’s prospecting and will make a decision at some point and if it’s not attractive enough or they can’t agree on certain terms then he’ll pull out.
I don't know, mate. When G&S made their initial investment the club was valued at around £120m, according to forbes the club is currently valued at $616m.
Now even though that down from a high of $754m, it still represents a 300% return on investment over a decade. That said, there is a difference between an objective valuation and how much someone is actually willing to pay.
Yes and while there are bigger ROI around, few have the guaranteed return of a brand that is growing exponentially due to foreign interest.

As for VAR, In this country, part of the reason its been brought in to spice things up for the Chinese et al. Any new things that get people talking about the PL is good for the brand.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:13 am

h69 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:05 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:18 pm

I don't know, mate. When G&S made their initial investment the club was valued at around £120m, according to forbes the club is currently valued at $616m.
Now even though that down from a high of $754m, it still represents a 300% return on investment over a decade. That said, there is a difference between an objective valuation and how much someone is actually willing to pay.
Yes and while there are bigger ROI around, few have the guaranteed return of a brand that is growing exponentially due to foreign interest.

As for VAR, In this country, part of the reason its been brought in to spice things up for the Chinese et al. Any new things that get people talking about the PL is good for the brand.
All these abbreviations around now. A gentleman of my age has to google them.

I always thought ROI was Republic of Ireland.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Caboose

Post by Caboose » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:24 am

Dunno what it is about the web wants to make people like watcher and the bloke on here reckons he knows everything about south american football come on and spout this bollocks about tripp smith and players in south america coming over like cueller. Kumb is full of em and I hope this place aint going to get like that fucking site. We all know fuck all till it happens so dont fucking pretend your some sort of expert just to get attention like that numbnuts cunt.
4 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:31 am

palerider wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:13 am
h69 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:05 am

All these abbreviations around now. A gentleman of my age has to google them.

I always thought ROI was Republic of Ireland.
OMG as the Kazakh women would say before a good bulling.
1 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:33 am

I personally think smith's his middle name and his real surname is over.
1 x

h69

Post by h69 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 am

Caboose wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:24 am
Dunno what it is about the web wants to make people like watcher and the bloke on here reckons he knows everything about south american football come on and spout this bollocks about tripp smith and players in south america coming over like cueller. Kumb is full of em and I hope this place aint going to get like that fucking site. We all know fuck all till it happens so dont fucking pretend your some sort of expert just to get attention like that numbnuts cunt.
Difference is that numbnuts goes out of his way to show he knows nothing.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Social Media