Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BillyDWhizz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:27 pm

Deeny's out and Pereyra and Doucoure are major doubts and face a late fitness test - Would be very helpful if they were to fail it.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:37 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:27 pm
Deeny's out and Pereyra and Doucoure are major doubts and face a late fitness test - Would be very helpful if they were to fail it.
We couldn't be that lucky .
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:13 pm

I’m going to be a little bit controversial here and , bearing in mind my ongoing obsession with playing 2 defensive midfielders, suggest good old Sanchez partners Rice in front of the back 4 as I can see Wheelchair being bullied by their midfield.

Sanchez is crap but I believe he’s the better option especially away from home what with Noble missing .

The controversial bit ? I’ve mentioned it a couple of times before but does anyone remember Lanzini playing very deep at Shite Hart Lane 2 or 3 years ago ?

Not as an out and out DM but more as a deep lying playmaker ? He was getting stuck in , holding our midfield 3 together and generally pulling the strings.

I think we got beat in the end unluckily but I’m surprised he hasn’t been played there since ...

I see Wheelchair as being too lightweight seemingly afraid to put his foot in , is slow anyway and I see very little end product (though I haven’t seen last saturdays game ).

At least Lanzini puts himself about or at least did that day.

Thoughts ?
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:13 pm
I’m going to be a little bit controversial here and , bearing in mind my ongoing obsession with playing 2 defensive midfielders, suggest good old Sanchez partners Rice in front of the back 4 as I can see Wheelchair being bullied by their midfield.

Sanchez is crap but I believe he’s the better option especially away from home what with Noble missing .

The controversial bit ? I’ve mentioned it a couple of times before but does anyone remember Lanzini playing very deep at Shite Hart Lane 2 or 3 years ago ?

Not as an out and out DM but more as a deep lying playmaker ? He was getting stuck in , holding our midfield 3 together and generally pulling the strings.

I think we got beat in the end unluckily but I’m surprised he hasn’t been played there since ...

I see Wheelchair as being too lightweight seemingly afraid to put his foot in , is slow anyway and I see very little end product (though I haven’t seen last saturdays game ).

Thoughts ?
We have no choice. It,s clear as crystal that we need a stronger player in their defenensively. In Whilshires defense he never had many optionbs around him at Brighton . No movement up top. Fornals and Snoddy too wide of him. The thought of passing it back to Diop and Oggy don,t last that long lol. But yes i am with you. Sanchez in and i would also play Jack just in front of Sanchez and Rice. Them 3 can play as a diamond. Lanzini, Anderson and Halller to provide the attacking threat with a decent looking bench.
We have a leak that needs to be fixed. Bolster the midfield and see how the game pans out. Fornals needs to play as a no10 or not at all. Just behind Haller. No point asking this lad to battle away in the middle of the park.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:14 pm

Newmarket wrote:

Thoughts ?
Now I'm totally confused. Sanchez is crap so play him ? At least that's how I'm reading it.

Presumably if he's crap you think he offers little or nothing to the team. So you pick him.

In the hope he suddenly becomes Sergio Busquets ?
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:38 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:14 pm
Newmarket wrote:

Thoughts ?
Now I'm totally confused. Sanchez is crap so play him ? At least that's how I'm reading it.

Presumably if he's crap you think he offers little or nothing to the team. So you pick him.

Whisk mate . Ok he’s not the dogs danglies but at least it’s his position so therefore must offer more imo than Wilshere for the reasons I mentioned above .

I’m sure if Noble was fit he would be picked . For his drive determination and leadership if not for his great pace and defensive capabilities.

Anyway , what do you think of my Lanzini suggestion ?

Too many offensive cooks spoil the broth imo and he is the best equipped of those to adapt I reckon .
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:23 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:14 pm
Newmarket wrote:

Thoughts ?

I think what is being offered here and it was only couched as a suggestion; is Sanchez is crap BUT he might be the right sort of crap that the team needs at this precise period.

Mr P is quite appreciative of Sanchez's special contributions I've noted and NM is at least half-right or not entirely wrong in recognising that sooner or later, Mr Sanchez will be doing the sorts of things that gets the lad talked about.

The only moot point is,is he doing those things this weekend against Watford...
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:37 pm

Watford have made a terrible start and ended the season on a big low too.

It really is funny one..We have to be stronger in the middle of the park.We have to get Noble or even Sanchez to partner Rice,otherwise,we just get over run.

I don`t want to be too negative,but you know what happens when some team are on an awful run and West Ham turn up in town?

Play 2 defensive midfielders(even though he won't) and we'll pick up the 3 points.If he plays loads of technical players,we`ll get beat.

I really can't predict this one.
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:48 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:37 pm

It really is funny one..We have to be stronger in the middle of the park.We have to get Noble or even Sanchez to partner Rice,otherwise,we just get over run.

I don`t want to be too negative,but you know what happens when some team are on an awful run and West Ham turn up in town?

Play 2 defensive midfielders(even though he won't) and we'll pick up the 3 points.If he plays loads of technical players,we`ll get beat.

You just did Tel .
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:52 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:48 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:37 pm

You just did Tel .
It just depends on who and what system he plays Tim.If he plays 2 defensive midfielders,I fancy us.Can you predict it?
0 x

Social Media