Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Newmarket » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:22 pm

I’m glad to be proved wrong result wise.

Thought Noble made a big difference , As did Antonio second half and Anderson improved greatly second half too.

Fredericks on the other hand is fucking awful and I blamed Masuaku for their goal not Ogbonna but hey ho .

Haller ?

Good choice mein Fuhrer ?
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:08 pm

West Ham's Noble has scored five Premier League goals against Watford - more than he has netted against any other side in the league

Finally one of them stats working for us!
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:17 pm

A big relief that we’ve responded very well after that opening day arse raping from the darlings in sky blue.
I was secretly dreading another early season shit show I must admit.

Really looking forward to Norwich now. My first P.L game of the season, to see all the lads and to (hopefully) stick a few more past Delia’s boys.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:25 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:17 pm
A big relief that we’ve responded very well after that opening day arse raping from the darlings in sky blue.

Really looking forward to Norwich now. My first P.L game of the season, to see all the lads and to (hopefully) stick a few more past Delia’s boys.
Should be another open game. I have been impressed with Norwich. Decent game against Chelsea today they have had a hard opening fixture list. They do score goals.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:40 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:25 pm
ToneLoc wrote:

Should be another open game. I have been impressed with Norwich. Decent game against Chelsea today they have had a hard opening fixture list. They do score goals.
An 8-7 win for us methinks !
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Towie

Post by Towie » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:41 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:25 pm
ToneLoc wrote:

Indeed could be 5-4 either way!!
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:50 pm

Can't say I'm unhappy with open, attacking football. This is what we were begging for when Allardyce and Moyes were in charge.
I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. This time next year we could have Mark Hughes or Neil Warnock in charge. :D
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:51 pm

Well~!! We said this season wasn,t going to be boring lol.
Liverpool ripping Arsenal apart. Great game of football. Scourers midfield are so quick with or without the ball.
Even the old geezer, forgot his name is flying around like a 20 year old.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:55 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:22 pm
I’m glad to be proved wrong result wise.

Thought Noble made a big difference , As did Antonio second half and Anderson improved greatly second half too.

Fredericks on the other hand is fucking awful and I blamed Masuaku for their goal not Ogbonna but hey ho .

Haller ?

Good choice mein Fuhrer ?
So far so good, much better second half with Antonio, why doesn't MP pick him from the start?
Rode our luck and came away with a great result, Hitler played well today. ;)
0 x

ZP Hammer

Post by ZP Hammer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:15 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:50 pm
Can't say I'm unhappy with open, attacking football. This is what we were begging for when Allardyce and Moyes were in charge.
I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. This time next year we could have Mark Hughes or Neil Warnock in charge. :D
No problem with it as long as we go all out to score. We can be pretty pedestrian in attack, very goal shy. We all said at start of season we'd have to outscore teams to win with our defense. We'll also have to be playing pretty profligate opposition each week because Watford were throwing away opportunities like candy.
It takes too long before we get into our goalscoring stride and some of our name players, e.g. Anderson and Yarmolenko, play well below their ability for long stretches of the game. While not comparing us to any other team directly, some others look threatening with every attack as there's a sense of purpose. We're great at kicking the ball around in the mid third but quite often look lost and bereft of confidence further forward.
The good news is that it's early in the season and we should expect the lads to be more cohesive further in. We should by now be feeling more confidence in the defense, that obviously is not the case though.
0 x

Social Media