Phillipy Anderson

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Phillipy Anderson

Post by Whiskyman » Thu May 16, 2019 5:43 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:14 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:05 pm

Players are only worth what someone is prepared to pay. No more, no less. Ability, age, length of contract remaining are all factors but if someone wants a player badly enough they'll pay for him. We shouldn't be pressured into letting people go for cut prices and I'm hopeful Husillos is clued up enough to know what players elsewhere are changing hands for.

And we need to replace with better. Which includes better value for money imo. Hopefully the days of the Twitchy scattergun approach to transfers are over.
Seems the prob with us at the moment...quite often is with us,we seem to be always in a situation
of being dictated to by the buyers or the sellers...at the moment sides know we have to get rid to get
in...we've got stock nobody really wants,but at the right price...maybe...
Like the Market trader flogging Apples/Bananas or whatever...starts of full price £2 a pound,
end of the day..and he really needs to shift them,make room for tomorrows stock,he's at £1 a pound
and people are buying apples that maybe didn't really want cos they're cheap.
Be interesting see what we get for Obi,Byram,Chico,and others...prob all still be here next year.. :lol:

Our business mantra is ...Buy High...Sell Low... :lol: Always has been....if there's any people
in the footie world that know all about that basic business stuff,it's our owners...
Just goes to show what crap their Football Knowledge of Players is...

But they/we...Nah THEY... ;) made a Million a month on the french bloke...and everyone
says it was a bad deal and we lost out....Spuds had done that ,everyone goes what a brilliant
piece of business that was.

But your right things are swinging round....reckon we could sell all last years incoming, that played
that is, at a profit...first time I've known that happen.
The key word is "better". To use one of your valuations. Let's value Obiang at £10 million and imagine that's the price we ask for him. Now let's assume Danny Drinkwater comes on the market at £15 million. In my book that would be tantamount to throwing £5 million away , assuming both prices were met, and not improving the squad one iota. On the other hand if Victor Camarasa could be secured for £15 million that would represent an improvement. Under those circumstances to free up funds it might be considered prudent to reduce the Obiang rate to move him on.

If that makes sense. ;)
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu May 16, 2019 8:18 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 am
Make the most of Anderson next year,he'll be gone next one I reckon...Top Euro Sides will be in for
him,can't see us doing enough to keep him...same goes for Issa,another mid table jaunt,they'll be off.
Declan keeps his England place,will hang around for another 2 years reckon...but again,mid table,
he's gone...
Why it's important get into Euro competitions,to hopefully keep these guys,and attract quality
players in if they still want to leave.

Pellers said it...we're still a selling club,wrong attitude in my opinion,we need to be moving away
from that..Players will leave thats fact...but don't pre-empt it,buy saying everyones got a price.

Ref Anderson...I seriously wonder what games people are watching when they say,he's not up to
it..lazy..not interested...
He took a corner Sat...Watford broke away from it....who was the guy sprinted past every other
West Ham player to make a goal saving tackle on the edge of our own 6yard box.....
Not the only time this year....the guy works as hard as anyone...
It's important to have goals and targets Mk. It's the only way to keep up with other teams and convince the players we want to play European football. Also its a good hook to bring in better players. We could just be like Bournemouth and be content to stay in the league but is that what we expected when we moved to a 60 thousand seater stadium
If Anderson ,Rice Or even Diop goes it will be for very decent money.As long as we replace them with quality there isn,t a problem.
We will know as fans next season whether the twins are aiming to improve us again or whether they will be content to own a team that won,t be fighting another relegation battle.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:44 pm

Lovely take to set himself up.for the assist. It's those little things that make all the difference.
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:46 pm

Castiron wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:44 pm
Lovely take to set himself up.for the assist. It's those little things that make all the difference.

Really good, he slowed the defenders down really well too.

I loved seeing him play today. Frustrating at times of course but he carries the ball up-field so quickly.
2 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:41 am

He got involved today, wanted the ball and got back to put in a couple of good challenges, had an assist and hit the bar, never gonna be a 90 min player, but what he does do he does well..as Gonzo said on his video ...he a gnats bollock away from being spectacular for us.
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:12 am

Listening to Sky and the Beeb as I don't watch the streams it seemed only a matter of time before Watford went ahead.

Then our two record signings combined and the game changed on it's head (good work from Arthur too). Despite poor defending and awful Watford finishing the points were in the bag.

It shows that as long as you do your homework, spend decent money and you get decent players that will get results.

Of course at times the Brazilian is anonymous but better players than him have been accused of that.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:26 am

Shame he’s not more physical but has the odd good game ,did ok yesterday.
Needs to toughen up.
0 x

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:27 pm

His best game for us Saturday by a country mile. Fucking unstoppable when he's in the mood. I really hope this form will continue.
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:43 pm

Castiron wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:27 pm
His best game for us Saturday by a country mile. Fucking unstoppable when he's in the mood. I really hope this form will continue.
He burned hot and cold for all of last season. Just hoping we see more of the "hot" this season.
But...as many have said on here...if he played like that every game we probably could never have afforded him in the first place.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:08 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:43 pm
Castiron wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:27 pm
He burned hot and cold for all of last season. Just hoping we see more of the "hot" this season.
But...as many have said on here...if he played like that every game we probably could never have afforded him in the first place.
Well he's ours for now mate.. As you say if he plays like that all season, then I'm more than happy :D
1 x

Social Media