Season Ticket waiting list

Chat about anything football related here!
LoxfordIron

Season Ticket waiting list

Post by LoxfordIron » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:58 pm

Below is a copy of letter Emailed to West Ham today.A copy was also EMailed to the Football Supporters Federation who are supporting us in this campaign.

Jake Heath,

Supporters Services Manager,

WHUFC.,

London Stadium,

E20 2ST.

August 29th 2019

Dear Jake,

Re: SEASON TICKET WAITING LIST

We write at the request of our members regarding the challenges and confusion experienced by them regarding West Ham’s Season Ticket Waiting List.

As you will be aware, the list is currently advertised as “the only way to secure a season ticket”, a statement we believe is at best misleading and could yet be construed as false advertising by the advertising standards agency, (whom we have not engaged at this point) as it appears to be in breach of the advertising codes.

By way of example, literature produced and circulated by the club, prior to the start of the 2019-20 season, makes clear references to the fact that season tickets could, be acquired by supporters who were not on the list.

Furthermore, existing season ticket holders have regularly been offered extra season tickets and those on the waiting list can now purchase more than one season ticket (effectively meaning they can enable friends and family to bypass supporters already in the queue).

This does not seem a fair, let alone a proper process, raising questions as to whether the club’s intention here is to best serve its loyal fanbase, or create additional revenue with its confusing claim, seemingly duping its supporters in the process.

As such, a number of our members believe that the list is neither advertised fairly, is fair in itself, or is in fact fit for purpose and request that you, in your capacity as supporter liaison officer, co-ordinate a meeting with the club and Hammers United to discuss this matter on their behalf.

We have a number of demonstrable examples which we would like to review with you in an effort to restore the credibility of the club on this issue with our members, and work with the club to create an improved system for the benefit of all West Ham fans.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,

Lee Rogers

Joint Secretary, Hammers United.

We are doing our best to improve things for West Ham supporters.Check our website out www.hammersunited.com
0 x

Gonzo

Re: Season Ticket waiting list

Post by Gonzo » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:03 am

Jake is a good guy.

Alas I can't help but feel sorry for him here because he's clearly placed in the way to deflect policy not made by himself.

I wish that you would be able to sit down and discuss this with the club but you'll not get close due to the OSB.

Will the OSB raise the issue? Probably not

As for the list itself . . . . it's a complete farce and has been ever since it was claimed 50,000 were on it and the club were still taking a tenner from fans.
0 x

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:00 am

Morning Gonzo.

As a group we are really coming together now and will be stepping up efforts to get the club around the table.It may take time but we confident we will do so.
0 x

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:01 pm

Dear Lee,

Thank you for your email and for your patience while I was away on annual leave.

I am reviewing your enquiry and will come back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Jake

Jake Heath
Supporter Services Manager
West Ham United Football Club
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
whufc.com
0 x

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:33 am

While you are at it...I'd let Jake know that his "2 coaches to every away game even if they are empty" promise is a bit off the truth. The official coaches have only had one coach every away game so far.

I feel sorry for the bloke...he was given the truth when he worked at Spurs.
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:29 am

I'm not too concerned about a bit of flannel about waiting lists.

It's marketing,isn't it? Pump up Demand.

Is anyone actually suffering? Do we know of anyone who cant get an S/T? I don't.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:51 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:29 am

Is anyone actually suffering? Do we know of anyone who cant get an S/T? I don't.
But isn't one of the rules of good marketing plausibility ?
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Phil

Post by Phil » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:00 pm

Mikeveep wrote:

there's people on the list who have been bypassed by people not on the list - so yes, it fucking stinks.
1 x

grandad

Post by grandad » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:25 pm

My tickets went back 2 seasons ago and I got a call from ticket office offering me season tickets

did ask if sully and gold were now dead but got a mumble and was cut off
2 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:10 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:51 pm
Mikeveep wrote:

But isn't one of the rules of good marketing plausibility ?
Oh yeah,so good luck with that Mars Bar which will help you "Work.rest and play", :roll:
0 x

Social Media