Witchipoo’s latest column

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Witchipoo’s latest column

Post by Newmarket » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Apart from its usual dig at the Spuds hierarchy and her weekly drivel , the Old Bag has written in her latest Sun column that West Ham will be voting to keep the Summer transfer window as it is .

That is it closes 3 weeks before the rest of Europe.

Her reasoning made me chuckle but which way would you vote and why ?
Discuss Gentlemen .
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Towie

Re: Witchipoo’s latest column

Post by Towie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:59 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:35 pm
Apart from its usual dig at the Spuds hierarchy and her weekly drivel , the Old Bag has written in her latest Sun column that West Ham will be voting to keep the Summer transfer window as it is .

Discuss Gentlemen .
What was her reasoning?

Seems to me that managers are complaining about Europe able to take our players so having an unsettled squad. It should all be the same is my thoughts but you know we don’t want to be the same as Europe so stop moaning and get in with it. (Yes I’m talk No about you Podgychino.)
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:03 pm

This is my theory, and it's based on what we saw this window, but with the quality players we have now such as Anderson, Haller, Rice and Diop think of the future.
The window closes in the UK, promised net spend was 30 million, actual net spend was 30.2 million, but with some wheeling and dealing we got some quality players in on the budget promised by the board.
A week later we sell Hernandez to Seville, it was not a surprise, he had already said he would be off, as for the board saying he "put in a transfer request" is just a smoke screen, and they receive a 7.5 million therefore reducing the net spend to 23 million and putting the extra 7 million in the bank to be siphoned off in the usual way. Will that money be used to buy anyone in the Jan window, I very much doubt it, as we all know the Jan window for us is a complete waste of time. So come next summer transfer window, we get another 30 million to spend net, another bit of wheeling and dealing, bring in another couple of good players, window shuts and BANG, Real Madrid come in for Haller, for 100 million quid, obviously he goes, and the board have an extra 70 million sat in their account (or not ;) ) for the next 10 months, although the deal could of been done prior to our window closing and the money used to strengthen our team.
IMO that is why Witchipoo wants to keep the window as it is, to do business with the other Euro leagues, outside our window and then, use the excuse to hold on to the money.
1 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:13 pm

As far as I could tell the change was meant to settle all the transfer moves prior to kickoff. Clearly if European clubs can still sign players that hasn't happened. That being the case I'd vote to ditch and revert back to the old system.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Who cares what that ropey old slag thinks?

Window closes end of Aug, managers moan that they don’t know what squad they have

Window closes early, managers moan that they have an unsettled squad

Boo fucking boo
0 x

grandad

Post by grandad » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:04 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:58 pm
Who cares what that ropey old slag thinks?

Window closes end of Aug, managers moan that they don’t know what squad they have

Window closes early, managers moan that they have an unsettled squad

Boo fucking boo

Fucking right who gives a fuck what the pig faced bloater says. horrible cunt of a woman
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:10 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Discuss Gentlemen .
If it was down to me I'd scrap the whole idea of having a window. But to answer your question I'd vote to close it before the season starts.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:16 pm

Fuck it, but I would still give her one. COYI
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:28 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:03 pm

The window closes in the UK, promised net spend was 30 million, actual net spend was 30.2 million, but with some wheeling and dealing we got some quality players in on the budget promised by the board.
A week later we sell Hernandez to Seville, it was not a surprise, he had already said he would be off, as for the board saying he "put in a transfer request" is just a smoke screen, and they receive a 7.5 million therefore reducing the net spend to 23 million and putting the extra 7 million in the bank to be siphoned off in the usual way.
skysports-graphic-transfers_4740247.png
skysports-graphic-transfers_4740247.png (129.62 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
£44.5m net spend, less £7m for Chicha makes it £37.5m
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:59 pm

hd1 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:28 pm
andyginbrasil wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:03 pm

A week later we sell Hernandez to Seville, it was not a surprise, he had already said he would be off, as for the board saying he "put in a transfer request" is just a smoke screen, and they receive a 7.5 million therefore reducing the net spend to 23 million and putting the extra 7 million in the bank to be siphoned off in the usual way.
skysports-graphic-transfers_4740247.png

£44.5m net spend, less £7m for Chicha makes it £37.5m
Sky Sports..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Social Media