Haller

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Haller.

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:13 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:57 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:53 am

He's no David Kelly, that's for sure. If he plays 34, 35 odd games this season I can see him scoring 20+ goals. If he does do that he's a £100m player.
I know it’s early doors but I’m still having trouble grasping the fact that he isn’t on international duty this week .

The Frogs must have some forward line...
I agree with you..His a top all round striker.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:34 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:53 am

He's no David Kelly, that's for sure. If he plays 34, 35 odd games this season I can see him scoring 20+ goals. If he does do that he's a £100m player.
I know it’s early doors but I’m still having trouble grasping the fact that he isn’t on international duty this week .

Mbappe, Griezmann, Benzema & Ben Yedder are 4 that come to mind without really thinking. So yes, they have.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:07 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:34 pm
Newmarket wrote:

Mbappe, Griezmann, Benzema & Ben Yedder are 4 that come to mind without really thinking. So yes, they have.
Probably the one national team with the most top level strikers, I can't think of a nation with more options in that position.
0 x

palerider

Haller

Post by palerider » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:00 am

So, axing the clown was a given, but our record signing ?

I didn't see that one coming.

Four goals but only one since August. Yes, he needs to play in a two up front and much has been said about Pellegrini's shortcomings over this, but last weekend, driving to London, a report on the radio said 'Declan Rice had a goal correctly ruled out for offside after Haller, cumbersome throughout, finally sparked into life by winning a header.'

So Audrey got it right yesterday but what now ?

Haller was in the tuick of the celebrations when Cressie scored so he's obviously a team man.

But does he continue as bench fodder ?
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Re: Haller

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:12 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:00 am

Four goals but only one since August. Yes, he needs to play in a two up front and much has been said about Pellegrini's shortcomings over this, but last weekend, driving to London, a report on the radio said 'Declan Rice had a goal correctly ruled out for offside after Haller, cumbersome throughout, finally sparked into life by winning a header.'

Haller was in the tuick of the celebrations when Cressie scored so he's obviously a team man.

Unless there are obvious tactical reasons for doing so, don't change a winning team. So on the bench at Wolves imo.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:21 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:12 am
palerider wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:00 am

Unless there are obvious tactical reasons for doing so, don't change a winning team. So on the bench at Wolves imo.
I agree though we have a manager here that doesn’t usually change a losing team either ... at least not for tactical reasons.

We both saw what a great player Haller can be last season.
He can be that player again and I think we may see him in conjunction with Antonio vs the Arse .

But yes , same at Molineux please Nigel.
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:27 am

Cant change a winning team , so on the bench he stays . Though in hindsight I am not sure what happened at Stamford Bridge , but long may it continue .
Though I am not sure Pellegrini will see it that way , can the likes of Snodgrass/Noble replicate the performances they put in , over the December/January period . Pellegrini is going to have to be very shrewd with his man management .
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:31 am

Think he needed a wake up call...not the only one tho..
He's obviously a decent player,but needs to speed up and have better movement to play in the PL,
But like any striker,any player come to that,you also need the movement around you,not
20 yards away...he often gets the ball,in a decent position,but his only options are knocking
it back to Dec or Nobes or out wide to a winger,then a dash into the box hoping for a cross.

It's because we dont play out,we're always hitting long balls,we need someone like Lanza,Anderson
running towards him from MF to play,the little give and goes 1-2s..
Our Fullbacks to play as wingers..like they do at nearly every other club now,to allow our other
2 attacking MFers to move in closer to him...making a 3 in the centre at times.

This is what is so disappointing in Peller...thought that was the game he played
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:35 am

Keep him benched v Wolves

Unleash him and Antonio v the Arseoles.
1 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:09 pm

I really want to see him and Antonio play up top together. They can both win headers and can hold the ball up. Will certainly stop opposition full backs pushing up into our midfield.

Anderson the player to drop out. Not convinced on Fornals starting ahead of Yarmalenko

Martin

Fredericks Balbuena Ogbonna Cresswell

Yarmalenko Rice Noble Snodders

Haller Antonio
0 x

Social Media