KUMB banned

Chat about anything football related here!
Hildreth_1101

Re: KUMB banned

Post by Hildreth_1101 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:30 pm

Only thing I remember about posting on KUMB is I got permanently banned for saying Carlton Leach shouldn't be idolised because he was a Hooligan and that was that - Says it all really.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:28 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:00 pm
There's a 660 page thread about the Olympic Stadium.on KUMB

Can you tell me where I should look to find any of the censorship and banning orders you say are so prevalent.?
I no longer have the e mail I was sent when I queried my "suspension". I think it was for 14 days but I can't swear to that as it was a long time ago.

There were various ITKs spouting their usual crap and I suggested there should maybe be an ITK competition whereby points were awarded for information that proved to be ultimately correct. A certain moderator, one Bristol Hammer, took exception to this and referred me to the rule about not "attacking" the ITKs. I didn't consider my suggestion an attack but he obviously did.

OK it wasn't a "ban" as such but I thought it was pretty damn petty. But apparently Mr Bristol Hammer is a local government officer so I guess pettiness goes with the territory.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

hd1

Post by hd1 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:30 pm

Mikeveep wrote:

Can you tell me where I should look to find any of the censorship and banning orders you say are so prevalent.?
Have a read through the 660 pages and then tell me the % of positive comments, and then tell me the response they got? I can assure you there was no moderation when I was being cunted off for saying I liked the new stadium, or pointing out that a certain Moderator who said they would never step foot inside the stadium had actually bought 2 corporate tickets yet continued to blatantly deny it (they are still seen in the Boleyn Bar every game).

Oh and funnily enough they don't publish a list of those banned or for how long.

What I would say is there are a fair few very long term posters who no longer frequent the site. I joined in 2005 and haven't been on there since coming over here. The likes of Claretdave, Dr Venk, Laffers, Upton Girlie, our mate Cockney Hammer and of course Romford are some of many no longer there, there's a reason for that
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:14 pm

I'm sure there had to be some over zealous mods,relishing and abusing their power for a while over the period KUMB has been in existence.Let's be charitable and say they misinterpreted their role.

I'm just disappointed that an excellent forum made up of what seem to be genuine, attending fans who contribute to a very entertaining chat room, is being dismissed so lightly.
0 x

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:34 pm

Mikeveep wrote:

You show me 1 post on the whole forum where there is personal criticism of the owner.

There was one once on the charging of fan run away coaches which was first moved to the Snug then removed totally. The story has now been changed to " we asked for a charity donation" after the owner clearly said he had to pay the bills.

Many long time posters then said how much the Hornchurch Coaches did for West Ham related causes, unlike a certain website owner who has done fuck all for anyone apart from himself.

It's all gone rather quiet now....

Anyone who thinks KUMB is anything but an object to fill his own pockets doesn't really understand the situation
1 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:42 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:14 pm
I'm just disappointed that an excellent forum made up of what seem to be genuine, attending fans who contribute to a very entertaining chat room, is being dismissed so lightly.
It used to be excellent and I've met some good mates from the site over the years. I spent the best part of 13 years on there, was a paid up Premium member, ran the Premium score league, and at one time was in the top 25 posters (by volume of posts) and had many an interesting discussion with the like of Pinky and Chuck D, so if you think I'm dismissing it lightly you're very much mistaken.

Sadly the site is now about revenue generation, and anything that threatens that by upsetting the advertisers via Google is quashed quickly.
0 x

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:49 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:14 pm
I'm sure there had to be some over zealous mods,relishing and abusing their power for a while over the period KUMB has been in existence.Let's be charitable and say they misinterpreted their role.

It's defo a slickly run operation with a great loyal base...but to say it's used by genuine attending fans is laughable mate.

I had so many arguments over keeping match going and attracting new supporters and sadly they are more interested in getting "hits"

Of the 30 people I took to China this summer only 1 had an account on KUMB.

10 years ago I took 47 and well over 50% were regular posters on .

Of all the Mods...only 3 regularly go to games.

I know it's not the be all and end all, but I'm not very comfortable with people being pulled up for talking about their team by people who haven't been anywhere near to E20 for donkeys.

I was coming home from games finding people talking more about golf and Sci-fi than what everybody was talking about in the pub after the final whistle.
0 x

ShoeburySamo

Post by ShoeburySamo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:33 pm

Whatever you think of Ex is up to you’d but I personally found his information to be bang on more often than not and his radio show to be enjoyable. Much more so than KUMB’s old podcast. I once got in a discussion where people were slagging ex off, saying he’s shit, nicks his info from other sites and is an attention seeker. Coming from the same posters who say jinxed is the messiah (nothing wrong with jinxed but his track record was patchy at best.)
0 x
Twitter @samnorton19

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:45 pm

Rumford wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:18 am
Apparently there is another thinly veiled dig about me on there....

For the record I never once got demoted from kumb, I handed in my stripes 3 times because of the direction of the place.

I did however get banned afterwards when I wasn't working for the site.

Just so everyone knows that the truth and what gets bleated out are 2 very different things.

As another respected fan said about that forum....it's fuckin embarrassing 🤣🤣

Now can people stop texting me about what goes on over there...and can Phil stop winding me up please😎
It’s a good job you can’t be arsed ;)
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:33 pm

hd1 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:30 pm
Mikeveep wrote:

, our mate Cockney Hammer and of course Romford are some of many no longer there, there's a reason for that
I had a look on KUMB the other day (have never been a regular) and noticed that Cockney Hammer is dong his news round up on there again.....
He must have been drawn back to the dark side..... :? :? :?
0 x

Social Media