Our boy.

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Our boy.

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:37 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:42 am
Newmarket wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:44 am
I didn’t see the game , I can’t stomach watching England even when one of ours is playing .

In case you haven’t seen it ....

There are so many “fans” out there today that just don’t understand what a defensive midfielder IS and does.
Great vid Mr Gonz...absolutely nailed it.

I Get Some fans...who can love their club passionately,but don't really "get" the game,indeed
met some Irons fans who couldn't hit a barn door from 6 yards with a beach ball.... :lol:
but love the club as much as anyone.
I get the Slagging off from other clubs fans...part and parcel,water of a ducks back..
Declan will be reading some of the crap going round..and laugh it off...it's funny..

What I don't get is so called experts...not getting it and understanding,whats going on with
Rice,Kris summed it up perfectly ,no need for me to....
Learning curve for him stepping up from an under 23 CH to a PL Midfielder,now a Learning
curve Internationally from one of the best around to learn from..

Time will tell weather he stays in the role he plays for us and England or he evolves into a
more Box to Boxer....Henderson style..who IMO is another cracking player to learn from..
It's interesting and there are two viewpoints Do you play horses for courses or seek to grow emerging potential.

Lets consider that argument. We might look at two fixtures,Bulgaria and Kosovo and consider the second game as a more testing opponent. We might then want to use Rice as a dependable defensive screen against Kosovo.

We could consider that Bulgaria's threat to be minimal and select eg. Harry Winks. Fine player who has his own merits.

However, as Rice is an emerging talent and his positional role is all about discipline and basic reliability,it makes sense to stabilise with continuity over both games.

Yes,he could be a bit more ambitious but those days are all before him. And at 20 years old,we have several years to wait before we witness peak Rice...
1 x

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:02 pm

0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:55 pm

BCHammer wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:02 pm
Meanwhile

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... nsfer-Raid
Very predictable article in view of his recent interview. But ask yourself this. You are Declan Rice, recognised as one of the emerging talents in the game. A player already on the radar of Manchester City (fact) and probably several others. Given this situation why in the name of holy fuck would you want to join Manchester United who at the moment are just another team making up the numbers when , if you did decide you wanted to move on, you could do so much better ?
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:59 pm

BCHammer wrote:
Meanwhile

I personally think we'll have Declan for a few years yet, Man Utd aren't going to trouble the premier League anytime soon. If he does leave I think he'll end up at Chelsea after their ban is up. Solkjaer has neither the skills or charisma to entice the big players and personally I think he'll be gone soon.
Man City can take their pick from Europe, likewise Liverpool and the filth have the mercurial Eric dier at Thier disposal. Which leaves Arsenal and they normally go for flair type midfielder's.
As for us, well we do pay decent wages and are slowly but surely heading in the right direction for once and you never know, in a few years we might just be in the top six ourselves.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:59 pm
in a few years we might just be in the top six ourselves.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...and you were doing so well :lol:
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:29 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote:
in a few years we might just be in the top six ourselves.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...and you were doing so well :lol:
Ye of little faith.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:37 pm

BCHammer wrote:
Meanwhile

Anything written in the Star and Express is normally bullshit..Both are either 2 weeks behind the rest or they fabricate a story.These 2 are the tabloids I am least to believe on an Exclusive.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
BCHammer wrote:
Meanwhile

I personally think we'll have Declan for a few years yet, Man Utd aren't going to trouble the premier League anytime soon. If he does leave I think he'll end up at Chelsea after their ban is up. Solkjaer has neither the skills or charisma to entice the big players and personally I think he'll be gone soon.
Man City can take their pick from Europe, likewise Liverpool and the filth have the mercurial Eric dier at Thier disposal. Which leaves Arsenal and they normally go for flair type midfielder's.
As for us, well we do pay decent wages and are slowly but surely heading in the right direction for once and you never know, in a few years we might just be in the top six ourselves.
Chelsea ? Are you suggesting a bromance between Messrs Rice & Mount ? Chelsea are, like Man United, a club in a bit of turmoil. Abramovich has his visa issues and is rumoured, understandably, to be considering his investments in the UK in light of this. If Chelsea are taken over by another member of the Saudi royal family they could prosper. On the other hand ---------.

I think young Mr Rice, if and when he decides the time is right, will either be heading north towards The Etihad or Anfield. Or more likely taking a crash course in French or Spanish and pursuing his career away from these shores.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:48 pm

A very good first half against Kosovo. Couple of key passes,couple of clever tackles. So far it's an 8 out of 10.
0 x

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Rice gives the ball away and Kosovo score. More ammo for the trolls.
0 x

Social Media