Helpppppppppppp

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Helpppppppppppp

Post by ToneLoc » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:01 pm

Maybe a worthwhile exercise trying to understand the scale of the problem and see how many people can't use the site on their phones?
Via browser or app?

For me? I have a lot of problems with Safari and Chrome on my iPhone. The app is slightly better but still very hit and miss.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:00 pm

Depends where you are on the mobile. If you are out and the wi fi signal is low it will delay. Worse thing is to keep pressing a link because that adds to the memory which the phone logs and responds. Also links on phones are not as easy to press as a computer, as they are smaller, so put ya glasses on grandad and put ya dick away !!
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:02 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:00 pm
Depends where you are on the mobile. If you are out and the wi fi signal is low it will delay. Worse thing is to keep pressing a link because that adds to the memory which the phone logs and responds. Also links on phones are not as easy to press as a computer, as they are smaller, so put ya glasses on grandad and put ya dick away !!
He uses it as an aerial and always gets a great reception...
1 x

Jphammer

Post by Jphammer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:15 pm

Evening Gents,

I've started to look into the issues being experienced, as there are a number of factors that could causing these issues , It's going to be a process of elimination as I would like to know exactly what's causing the issue .

I've made one change thismorning, so I will allow a day or two to see if it has resolved any of the issues .

Please do keep updating the thread if you noticed any improvement or not.
0 x
PEBCAK = Problem Exist Between Chair And Keyboard

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:25 pm

I pad has rendered site impossible to use. I can post this on my I phone but pad now useless as I cannot type more than one word before this message is displayed at the top and then site refreshes.

This web page was reloaded because a problem occurred.

Rinse and repeat...

Good luck JP 🤞
0 x
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Towie

Post by Towie » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:50 pm

I can't do anything on my phone now, can't post and times out.

It was ok on Friday, but changed Friday evening.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:42 pm

Towie wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:50 pm
I can't do anything on my phone now, can't post and times out.

It was ok on Friday, but changed Friday evening.
It's a sure sign of getting old when, like me, you can remember the days when a mobile phone was the size of a small shed and was used, not for posting on forums but for talking to people.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:18 pm

A quick update:

If JP can't sort this I'm looking at the possibility of switching to a completely new software like the site below.

All usernames remain the same and we can transfer historical posts

In short this forum software was written years ago long before smartphones were a twinkle in the eye. Updates have improves aspects but it can't really keep up. I've only just started to explore the costs and ease of transition but it might be best for the long-term.

It's called XenForo but as you'll see the forum is a piece of piss https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:19 pm

Out of interest does anyone use Tapatalk to access this forum?
0 x

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:29 pm

Whatever you have done had part fixed the issues I was having. Don't seem to need to refresh 5 times before I can open a thread or change pages within, although still having an issue with posting though.
0 x

Social Media