Unfair Criticism for Anderson.

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Unfair Criticism for Anderson.

Post by terrya1965 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:48 pm

I am going to give you a surprising statistic here about Anderson this season.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top ... tal_tackle

He is in 2nd place for us in the most tackles made this season.Rice has made the most 33,while Anderson has made 26.His actually 17th on the list out of all the players this season.

Has I have said in another thread,Anderson gets treated unfairly.I think it`s a follow follow thing by our fans..I think a lot of fans do it,that don't watch the game properly in my opinion.

I do think Hammerschat is one of the sites,that you do get fair comment,but if you go on some of them Facebook sites,you get idiots.

I think if Anderson played elsewhere,he would be a superstar.Has usual,good players come here and we seem to ruin them.

It`s funny you got the likes of Anderson,Haller,Rice,Yarmolenko and Lanzini,that wouldn`t look out of place playing for a top European Club,but struggle to play the likes of Oxford,Palace,Newcastle and Sheff Utd.
0 x

Whiskyman

Re: Unfair Criticism for Anderson.

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:55 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:48 pm

He is in 2nd place for us in the most tackles made this season.Rice has made the most 33,while Anderson has made 26.His actually 17th on the list out of all the players this season.

Has I have said in another thread,Anderson gets treated unfairly.I think it`s a follow follow thing by our fans..I think a lot of fans do it,that don't watch the game properly in my opinion.

I do think Hammerschat is one of the sites,that you do get fair comment,but if you go on some of them Facebook sites,you get idiots.

I think if Anderson played elsewhere,he would be a superstar.Has usual,good players come here and we seem to ruin them.

It`s funny you got the likes of Anderson,Haller,Rice,Yarmolenko and Lanzini,that wouldn`t look out of place playing for a top European Club,but struggle to play the likes of Oxford,Palace,Newcastle and Sheff Utd.
Those statistics don't surprise me tbh Terry. There was one occasion in the Newcastle game where Saint-Maxim was clean through. Roberto actually made a decent save on that occasion but the only player close to the Newcastle guy going through was Anderson. Rice ? Nowhere. Mr West Ham ? Puffing and wheezing some way behind would be my guess.

If Anderson has any sense he will be asking his agent to get him out of West Ham sharpish.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:58 pm

Terry still think that if our LB , LW ( I would play Anderson more central behind Haller ) and CM/DM was sorted we would be a much better team . And you are right about Anderson by the way , but that's only my humble opinion .
0 x

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:59 pm

I think he is our best player at the moment and technically probably all round the most gifted.

He is not lazy as often labelled. He works hard, he is all over the pitch - and he shouldn't be back defending and making goal line clearances - but has to because the rest are crap or can't be assed.

The most disappointing thing is his final ball. He can run the whole pitch, get past 3-4 players, but then passes straight to the opposition. I watched him carefully against Newcastle and he did the same. But the problem was, he did not have anywhere to pass to. He is not slow and when he breaks he is on his own, or maybe has Cressy a few yards behind his ass. Haller is the only one up there, but he just stands there surrounded by several opposition players and doesnt make himself available to receive the ball. Maybe Snodgrass is trying to arrive, likewise Yarmo who has been back covering for grandpa. So he just tries to thread through an impossible pass. The only other alternate to retain posession is to go backwards to Cress or Rice and all momentum of the break is lost.

He would be a star in most other teams.
2 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:26 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:55 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:48 pm

Those statistics don't surprise me tbh Terry. There was one occasion in the Newcastle game where Saint-Maxim was clean through. Roberto actually made a decent save on that occasion but the only player close to the Newcastle guy going through was Anderson. Rice ? Nowhere. Mr West Ham ? Puffing and wheezing some way behind would be my guess.

If Anderson has any sense he will be asking his agent to get him out of West Ham sharpish.

Yeah I spotted that,not first time his been last man either.
But him having the off..
That worries me a bit TBH,he seems to like it here...FNY.... :lol:
but the way it's going...plus he WILL be wanting euro footie before he gets more along in his career
26/27 I think.

Try not to dig players out,usually a reason why they have a poor game..usually... :lol: and
wont have a go at our fans for their opinions,but when I read some comments on other sites,
not here..it's pretty fair..
I do actual wonder what fuckin game they're watching at times....
He works really hard for the team,in fact for me he gets "Back" a bit to much,shouldn't have
to if we were playing right...

Your'e right Terry Players seem to struggle to fit in here...not a new thing,always been that way..
Haller worries me more when comes to not fitting in at moment,seems a bit disenchanted at
times....More than happy with Pam.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:34 pm

BCHammer wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:59 pm
I think he is our best player at the moment and technically probably all round the most gifted.

He is not lazy as often labelled. He works hard, he is all over the pitch - and he shouldn't be back defending and making goal line clearances - but has to because the rest are crap or can't be assed.

The most disappointing thing is his final ball. He can run the whole pitch, get past 3-4 players, but then passes straight to the opposition. I watched him carefully against Newcastle and he did the same. But the problem was, he did not have anywhere to pass to. He is not slow and when he breaks he is on his own, or maybe has Cressy a few yards behind his ass. Haller is the only one up there, but he just stands there surrounded by several opposition players and doesnt make himself available to receive the ball. Maybe Snodgrass is trying to arrive, likewise Yarmo who has been back covering for grandpa. So he just tries to thread through an impossible pass. The only other alternate to retain posession is to go backwards to Cress or Rice and all momentum of the break is lost.

Exactly. The times he gets the ball and goes ona run, looks up and sees Haller infront of him with 2 markers. These players are wasted here because we never have 2 decent strikers and 2 offensive following up. We are so unbalanced .
Which is why i keep saying , let teams come onto us and play the counter footy. Let this guy run into space. We are not set up to press teams with a high back line and open them up with neat passing.
Last edited by IronsForever on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:34 pm

BCHammer wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:59 pm

Yeah,he's always on the look out for the killer ball,and tbh honest don't think him and Haller
are on the same page yet....I like Haller, but,needs to speed his movement up for the PL,
he's a bit slow at the moment...we're giving him an easy ride at present,but he's part of our
failures recently..
0 x

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:50 pm

I feel all this is making him a victim of the manager's system. How the fuck you can put Zabs and Cresswell in a team that already has Noble, Yarma and Snoddy is beyond me. The speed of Fredericks and Masuaku must be utilized in this iteration of the Premier League as speed is at a premium. With them bombing up and down the wings, there's more support for Anderson, Yarma & Haller. Yes they may not have the defensive sense of the older slower heads they are usurping, but I doubt they'd fall 3-0 down to that Newcastle side either. At least we will have a chance to overcome our shit defense playing the 4 man high line that they don't understand.
0 x
Patriotism, like celibacy, can be carried too far!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:34 pm

One decent game in eight don’t cut the mustard with me.
I’ll say the old fucking chestnut,needs time to settle in,foreign country blah blah

Lazy cunt.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:55 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:26 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:55 pm

Yeah I spotted that,not first time his been last man either.
But him having the off..
That worries me a bit TBH,he seems to like it here...FNY.... :lol:
but the way it's going...plus he WILL be wanting euro footie before he gets more along in his career
26/27 I think.

Try not to dig players out,usually a reason why they have a poor game..usually... :lol: and
wont have a go at our fans for their opinions,but when I read some comments on other sites,
not here..it's pretty fair..
I do actual wonder what fuckin game they're watching at times....
He works really hard for the team,in fact for me he gets "Back" a bit to much,shouldn't have
to if we were playing right...

Your'e right Terry Players seem to struggle to fit in here...not a new thing,always been that way..
Haller worries me more when comes to not fitting in at moment,seems a bit disenchanted at
times....More than happy with Pam.
Seriously mate I think a lot of the time some of the critics haven't even watched the games. They rely on media reports and social media feedback to form their own "opinions". Same as the recommendations to buy players who most of us have only seen for a few minutes in the odd highlight show.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media