Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mkhammer » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:57 pm

Taansend wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:33 pm
How's everyone doing?

Are you & your families ok?
Yeah Ok Mate....really quite where I am so lucky there....Shops not to bad...lots of estates in MK
each one has it's own little tesco or co-op....drove round earlier found one with about 3 people in.
Fresh fruit a bit scarce tho...cereals as well for some reason...can't get muesli anywhere,thought
I was the only fucker that liked it..
No Bog rolls...but I'm getting a serious collection of kitchen rolls..... :lol: think it actual works out
cheaper as well.

One minute I'm accepting it...knuckle down deal with it...next I'm pissed off and frustrated...
But Know there's lots of people far worse of than me...all the NHS Staff that are gonna be in the front
line facing it head on for a good while yet....hope there's some way to give em all a grand or something
to enjoy when it's all over...
Shop workers as well..that can't be easy..people getting in your face cos theres no F.in Bog Roll,
all the ones I've seen,have been great.
Not much fun for the old bill as well....again doing things they really don't wanna be doing...
Having to check up on decent minded honest people..
Decent Wev over here at moment...everythings a little easier when the suns out,a nice slow
walk,where you don't have to be or go anywhere,can do you the world of good,or a bike ride.
Unless you really have to for various reasons...always worth getting out for a bit.

A while to go yet...but we'll get there..... just hope and pray the fucking thing doesn't take
to many of us...
2 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:46 pm

9898 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:08 pm
Taansend wrote:
How's everyone doing?

My Father in Law caught corona virus in hospital after he fell and broke his hip, requiring a half hip replacement. Medical history of multiple strokes and lung issues.
Did not test him but put him on suspected corona virus ward.
Three days later tested, afetr constantly demanding, and confirmed.
Don't believe the testing situation stated by the government as my Wifes niece works in said hospital. Hospitals have next to no testing kits and will only test as a last resort.

He is coming home in next couple of days as, touch wood, he is well on the road to recovery.
That is good to hear..My daughter had it,but is a lot better.
2 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:02 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:46 pm
9898 wrote:

My Father in Law caught corona virus in hospital after he fell and broke his hip, requiring a half hip replacement. Medical history of multiple strokes and lung issues.
Don't believe the testing situation stated by the government as my Wifes niece works in said hospital. Hospitals have next to no testing kits and will only test as a last resort.

He is coming home in next couple of days as, touch wood, he is well on the road to recovery.
Glad to hear that mate
1 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:03 am

mkhammer wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:57 pm
Taansend wrote:
How's everyone doing?

Yeah Ok Mate....really quite where I am so lucky there....Shops not to bad...lots of estates in MK
each one has it's own little tesco or co-op....drove round earlier found one with about 3 people in.
Fresh fruit a bit scarce tho...cereals as well for some reason...can't get muesli anywhere,thought
No Bog rolls...but I'm getting a serious collection of kitchen rolls..... :lol: think it actual works out
cheaper as well.

If you use Kitchen Roll, you might have to use the services of Gonzo to flush your toilet!.... :lol:
0 x

JayK

Post by JayK » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:37 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:08 am
JayK wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:22 pm

Our Tesco have the restrictions too. Very civilised outside in the queue. Just it’s like opening a bag of marbles when they get through the door and in the aisles.

A good news story recently, a lady of 86 has been through shit and back through her life and recently recovered from a hip injury. She has since contracted the virus and recovered. So yes there are good new stories. But there are still way too many cunts out there not respecting the social distancing. They are gonna be the ones to spread this shit. And of course there’s gonna be negativity, it’s a pandemic sweeping not just the UK but the world. NHS is on its knees trying to cope with the amount of people being admitted. And mobile morgues and hospitals being built around the world. This shit is real.

Edit: my whole concern over this is as you said to MK, the vulnerable as I have plenty in my family who need me. So I have to be careful when out and about getting their food and delivering. If it wasn’t for those morons who can’t social distance, I’d be absolutely fine
Jay that's precisely the sort of good news that needs emphasising alongside the bad bits. Do you wonder, as I do, how many people who are contributing to the strain on the health services are maybe rushing to their doctor/hospital unnecessarily because they're scared shitless with the way the media are presenting this ?
No I don’t wonder that mate. Coz it’s been well documented how bad it can be and what people should do if they start showing symptoms. The problem all along, as far as I can tell, are the idiots thinking “ah well, I’ll be alright coz it’ll just be normal flu symptoms for me”. Those are the people that have spread it and they are the reason 1 in 4 doctors are now dead or in isolation and why the NHS is literally on its knees trying to save people at their own risk as ppe supplies are also shockingly low.
I am one of these people worried shitless as I’ve said before as me and the wife are the only ones able to get supplies to family members. If we get it, they’re doubly fucked. So I am having to be extra careful when going to the supermarket or local expensive corner shops.

It is indeed a good news story plastered all over social media though, the story of the old lady. Made me smile.
1 x
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:41 am

9898 wrote:
Taansend wrote:
How's everyone doing?

Another (hopefully) happy ending. Hope he makes a full recovery!!
0 x
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:47 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:46 pm
9898 wrote:

Good news for your daughter Terry. Hope the rest of you stay safe and well!!
2 x
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:30 pm

Noni wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:03 am
mkhammer wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:57 pm

cheaper as well.

If you use Kitchen Roll, you might have to use the services of Gonzo to flush your toilet!.... :lol:
Nah It's alright got a mate thats a plumber...he can do the dirty work....
Spud fan anyway... :lol:

Bit of an expert now...if you buy the proper more expensive stuff...that's way to thick and would
prob clog things up...but the cheap shit...cheap shit get it...
The 4 rolls for a quid type of thing...feels the same as bog roll...
Not had to use any yet...but I'll get back let you know if get a good wipe or not.... :lol:

Learning so much..... :lol:
3 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:33 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:30 pm
Noni wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:03 am

Nah It's alright got a mate thats a plumber...he can do the dirty work....
Spud fan anyway... :lol:

Bit of an expert now...if you buy the proper more expensive stuff...that's way to thick and would
prob clog things up...but the cheap shit...cheap shit get it...
The 4 rolls for a quid type of thing...feels the same as bog roll...
Not had to use any yet...but I'll get back let you know if get a good wipe or not.... :lol:

Learning so much..... :lol:
:lol:
0 x

whu

Post by whu » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:26 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:08 am
JayK wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:22 pm

Our Tesco have the restrictions too. Very civilised outside in the queue. Just it’s like opening a bag of marbles when they get through the door and in the aisles.

A good news story recently, a lady of 86 has been through shit and back through her life and recently recovered from a hip injury. She has since contracted the virus and recovered. So yes there are good new stories. But there are still way too many cunts out there not respecting the social distancing. They are gonna be the ones to spread this shit. And of course there’s gonna be negativity, it’s a pandemic sweeping not just the UK but the world. NHS is on its knees trying to cope with the amount of people being admitted. And mobile morgues and hospitals being built around the world. This shit is real.

Edit: my whole concern over this is as you said to MK, the vulnerable as I have plenty in my family who need me. So I have to be careful when out and about getting their food and delivering. If it wasn’t for those morons who can’t social distance, I’d be absolutely fine
Jay that's precisely the sort of good news that needs emphasising alongside the bad bits. Do you wonder, as I do, how many people who are contributing to the strain on the health services are maybe rushing to their doctor/hospital unnecessarily because they're scared shitless with the way the media are presenting this ?
If so, they'd be dopey as arseholes. THE most likely place you'll catch this is hospital tbh …

What annoys me is the hypothetical questioning of the PM / experts daily at 5pm. 200 hundred a day losing their life and many questions are secondary, point scoring, bollocksy points.
1 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

Social Media