News Today

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: News Today

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:47 pm

Gazza found not guilty on all counts. Sanity appears to have reared its ugly head. The CPS should be ashamed they wasted tax payers money bringing this fucking nonsense to court. Wankers.
2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:13 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:47 pm
Gazza found not guilty on all counts. Sanity appears to have reared its ugly head. The CPS should be ashamed they wasted tax payers money bringing this fucking nonsense to court. Wankers.
I've had my own personal experience with the CPS mate.

Cunts.

I'm no lawyer but I spoke to my solicitor who basically spent 2 minutes reading a law book. And with a degree of confidence I travelled up to Maldon magistrates court and conducted my own defence simply by reading out a photocopy my brief had given me. The snotty-nosed twat from the 'prosecution' didn't even know the law. After some embarrassing 'eeeeerrs' the CPS dropped the case and were severely admonished by the magistrate for a total waste of taxpayers money.

It was to do with motoring btw.

Not the sheepshagging.

They never caught me for that.
2 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:20 am

palerider wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:13 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:47 pm

Cunts.

I'm no lawyer but I spoke to my solicitor who basically spent 2 minutes reading a law book. And with a degree of confidence I travelled up to Maldon magistrates court and conducted my own defence simply by reading out a photocopy my brief had given me. The snotty-nosed twat from the 'prosecution' didn't even know the law. After some embarrassing 'eeeeerrs' the CPS dropped the case and were severely admonished by the magistrate for a total waste of taxpayers money.

Not the sheepshagging.

A Slightly different thing....

Got Done for speeding a good while back.. 101 Mph on a motorway...went to court...
Magistrate gave me £300 Fine.. 1 Month Ban.. :? ...and 6 pts on my licence..

I'm thinking can you do that, wasn't sure...a ban and points,when Clerk of the Court stood
up and told the Magistrate...you can't award pts against someone if your banning them for an offence.
(in this particular case).

Guess the Said magistrate went away and read some fuckin law books...
Nothing pisses me of more than so called experts not knowing what the fuck they're talking about
Law or otherwise..

Thought I make the most of the situation and said I couldn't afford to pay.....usually you'd have
to fill at forms about earnings etc....but she just went OK is £100 pound a month OK...
Yeah Spose so..... :lol:
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:31 am

mkhammer wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:20 am
palerider wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:13 am

Cunts.

Not the sheepshagging.

Got Done for speeding a good while back.. 101 Mph on a motorway...went to court...

I'm thinking can you do that, wasn't sure...a ban and points,when Clerk of the Court stood
up and told the Magistrate...you can't award pts against someone if your banning them for an offence.

Nothing pisses me of more than so called experts not knowing what the fuck they're talking about
Law or otherwise..

Thought I make the most of the situation and said I couldn't afford to pay.....usually you'd have
to fill at forms about earnings etc....but she just went OK is £100 pound a month OK...
I was driving back to Southend from Maldon, had 3 pints over the course of the evening. Road wet and skidded at a sharp turn on a country lane. Slightly damaged a bloke's gate. No lights came on so drove away but reported it the following morning to plod. All they cared about were personal injuries so forgot about it.

Two weeks later, Maldon police rang me...going to charge me for careless driving and leaving the scene of a crime ffs :lol:

My mate in Maldon reckoned it was because they had fuck all else to do up there and this event would have been front page news in the local rag. I think it was partly because they thought I was pissed. And admittedly I'd been drinking....but I'm convinced I'd have passed a breath test.

The law says it's not your responsibility to stay at the scene if minor damage is done to anything other than a person or persons.....as long as you report it. And the CPS didn't know that.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:15 pm

palerider wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:31 am
mkhammer wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:20 am

Law or otherwise..

I was driving back to Southend from Maldon, had 3 pints over the course of the evening. Road wet and skidded at a sharp turn on a country lane. Slightly damaged a bloke's gate. No lights came on so drove away but reported it the following morning to plod. All they cared about were personal injuries so forgot about it.

Two weeks later, Maldon police rang me...going to charge me for careless driving and leaving the scene of a crime ffs :lol:

My mate in Maldon reckoned it was because they had fuck all else to do up there and this event would have been front page news in the local rag. I think it was partly because they thought I was pissed. And admittedly I'd been drinking....but I'm convinced I'd have passed a breath test.

The law says it's not your responsibility to stay at the scene if minor damage is done to anything other than a person or persons.....as long as you report it. And the CPS didn't know that.
Yeah law IS the law...but it's still open to interpretation...

Won't go into it to much...but had a thing about a contract I'd signed....the other party said you signed
a lawful contract and agreed to it...Me....your absolutely right I did....this is my interpretation of
it...you have yours...now we go to court and see who wins in having the correct interpretation.

They'd left a grey area...that they can interpret how they wanted...but it works both ways...
I came out of it OK..no problems...

Most contracts nearly all, and laws are open to interpretation....that's why we have courts..

Local front Page News...
There's a little Web site/forum that we have around here.....The major topic last week was
who left/dumped a kettle in Mrs Greens hedge...it's true,got quite heated...thought there was
gonna be people knocking at doors for a while there :lol: ...I kept out of it..

I'm not saying nothing goes on around here... :lol:
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:19 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:15 pm
palerider wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:31 am

Won't go into it to much...but had a thing about a contract I'd signed....the other party said you signed
a lawful contract and agreed to it...Me....your absolutely right I did....this is my interpretation of
it...you have yours...now we go to court and see who wins in having the correct interpretation.

They'd left a grey area...that they can interpret how they wanted...but it works both ways...

Most contracts nearly all, and laws are open to interpretation....that's why we have courts..

Local front Page News...
There's a little Web site/forum that we have around here.....The major topic last week was
who left/dumped a kettle in Mrs Greens hedge...it's true,got quite heated...thought there was

So I assume if it got heated, the kettle was still plugged in.

I'll get me coat.
1 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:25 pm

palerider wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:19 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:15 pm

Local front Page News...

So I assume if it got heated, the kettle was still plugged in.

:lol: ...

I'll get me coat.
0 x

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:26 am

Point, regarding magistrates courts.
I once worked for a while with a time served retired ex copper. I got into a long chat with him regarding the absurdity’s of our law system and explained that I had fallen foul of local magistrate courts before.
He informed me that the Magistrate does not have to know a single thing about the law! indeed they are usually picked for this very reason! The only person who has to know about the law in the entire courtroom, as has been touched upon by another poster in this thread, is the Clerk of the Court!!!!
To this day I’m still staggered that a position of power in the justice system can be held by someone with absolutely no knowledge or training in the field of there profession whatsoever.
0 x
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:02 pm

So Boris Johnson has struck a deal with the EU.

Yet today there's been another attempt to block a no deal.

How does that work then ?
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:34 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:02 pm
So Boris Johnson has struck a deal with the EU.

Yet today there's been another attempt to block a no deal.

How does that work then ?
Where to begin, mate?
I think the idea is to make sure a no deal is off the table before voting on Johnson's deal.
The trouble is Johnson's so called 'deal' is a repackaged version of May's. The differences being A) workers rights are moved from the legally binding section into the political declaration, and B) the backstop is replaced by placing Northern Ireland in the EEA, which is what the backstop was designed to eventually avoid.
I'm pretty certain the only way it would've gone through is on a this or nothing basis.
Its also worth noting the entire thing has once again been derailed by Conservatives. First by Letwin's amendment and today by Bercow.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Social Media