World Cup...

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Re: Women's World Cup

Post by IronsForever » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:32 am

Noni wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:19 pm
Guess England won by 1 goal!........
Dominated the game. Argies Goalie had a blinder. The women look organized and their one touch passes across the lines was slick. They look decent but they are not winners.Under pressure they lose the ball in positions that can hurt them but the Argies just parked the bus and never had enough up to counter. But against a better team with speed it will be a huge test. Japan will be an interesting match up.
Had to laugh i could read swear words from their lips at least half a dozen times. The guys flob on the floor but the girls cuss lol
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

deanox

Post by deanox » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:29 am

Still can’t work our if they made it home to make their old mans dinner 🙄
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

grandad

Post by grandad » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:22 am

deanox wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:29 am
Still can’t work our if they made it home to make their old mans dinner 🙄

Mate that’s so sexist.

Maybe some are rug munchers so it’s made it home to make the partners dinner.

Jesus you men
1 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:04 am

IronsForever wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:32 am
Noni wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:19 pm
Guess England won by 1 goal!........
Dominated the game. Argies Goalie had a blinder. The women look organized and their one touch passes across the lines was slick. They look decent but they are not winners.Under pressure they lose the ball in positions that can hurt them but the Argies just parked the bus and never had enough up to counter. But against a better team with speed it will be a huge test. Japan will be an interesting match up.
Had to laugh i could read swear words from their lips at least half a dozen times. The guys flob on the floor but the girls cuss lol
Some decent passing on view and some of the movement shows intelligence and good coaching. Phil Neville looks a sour puss and beyond his figurehead status I wonder how creatively influential he actually is. Suspect his coaching staff have more effect.

The girls need to take more individual responsibility in the final third and get their shots away quicker when afforded the space. I'm not convinced that crosses into the box give their attackers much advantages.

...can we agree that Jonathan Pearce has found his commentary level...not said in a sneering way,but he seems to enjoy it,so why not...
1 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:48 am

BlackDiamond wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:04 am
IronsForever wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:32 am

Some decent passing on view and some of the movement shows intelligence and good coaching. Phil Neville looks a sour puss and beyond his figurehead status I wonder how creatively influential he actually is. Suspect his coaching staff have more effect.

The girls need to take more individual responsibility in the final third and get their shots away quicker when afforded the space. I'm not convinced that crosses into the box give their attackers much advantages.

...can we agree that Jonathan Pearce has found his commentary level...not said in a sneering way,but he seems to enjoy it,so why not...
I think Jonathon is a good commentator.Sorry,but I can`t just take in women doing commentary.Co Commentator is fine and pundits.
I am ok with women`s Cricket Commentators too especially Alison Mitchell.She is very knowledgeable and just dosen`t seem out of place,sign of someone doing the job well.
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:16 pm

I'm not sure, but I think the Cameroon no.2 is actually Joe Frazier.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:03 pm

Just been watching the New Zealand v Canada game....and had to have a slight chuckle to myself

When the commentator said " she is a real box to box player "........is that the same as a carpet muncher...

Or is it just me.... :lol:
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:15 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:03 pm
Just been watching the New Zealand v Canada game....and had to have a slight chuckle to myself

When the commentator said " she is a real box to box player "........is that the same as a carpet muncher...

Depends on the box I spose 🤣
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:56 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:03 pm

We called them bean-flickers in the prison service.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:03 am

Shower and bath time must be a hoot
Wonder if Steptoe is barred from the frolicking.
1 x

Social Media