'I just forgot about football. I said to my wife "I'm not sure I can do this anymore"': Jack Wilshere opens up on how co

Chat about anything football related here!
BoleynBadges

'I just forgot about football. I said to my wife "I'm not sure I can do this anymore"': Jack Wilshere opens up on how co

Post by BoleynBadges » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:07 pm

'I just forgot about football. I said to my wife "I'm not sure I can do this anymore"': Jack Wilshere opens up on how combination of injury hell and his son's serious illness made him consider ending his career
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... areer.html
0 x

h69

Re: 'I just forgot about football. I said to my wife "I'm not sure I can do this anymore"': Jack Wilshere opens up on ho

Post by h69 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:01 am

Hope both are fit going forward.....poor guy !
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

andyginbrasil

Re: 'I just forgot about football. I said to my wife "I'm not sure I can do this anymore"': Jack Wilshere opens up on ho

Post by andyginbrasil » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:44 am

I really like Wilshire, and hope he comes good. So much potential. Lets hope it's all behind him now.
1 x

boxman

Post by boxman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:06 pm

i reckon theres a chance jack destroys himself in the weight room, going crazy with lifting too much weight causing micro fractures which are then exacerbated on the pitch

he's built like a minature hulk, convinced it is playing a role in his injuries, he probably pushes himself to ridiculous levels in the weight room

getting on a bit i've had to switch from weight lifting to calisthenics and what a difference it's made, not only in functional strength but also co-ordination and flexibility, weight's just seem so inefficient and risky to me now... surely they've considered this by now yet i still can't help wonder if it'll make a significant difference

at times the guy looks like he's carrying more muscle than antonio, his legs are fucking ridiculous
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:34 pm

Everything they do regarding bulking up and weights is carefully monitored on a high tec computer. Especially someone like Jack. He will have a personal trainer who will know exactly how far he can push it. Its not like years gone past lol.
One thing i noticed in the video was that Jack hardly smiled. The injuries which stopped him progressing at that crucial time in football have left him clearly mentally scarred.
Lets hope he can stay away from the treatment room for most of next season and that smile will return and we will see a happy talented Jack Wilshire.
What do i really think? I think the reason he looks so un-happy in that video is because he knows the injuries are going to return from the demands of being a midfielder in the Premiership. Maybe if Jack played abroad where the pace is slightly slower he would be able to play more often. Fingers crossed i am wrong but for me this will be Jack's final season in the premiership. When you miss almost a whole season from a recurring injury its game over.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:49 pm

He needs a Billy Bonds to look after him.
You're good Declan, but you ain't no Bill.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:49 pm
He needs a Billy Bonds to look after him.
You're good Declan, but you ain't no Bill.
How is this for an atmospheric rendition of billy bonds army?

0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:03 pm

What an atmosphere. We we losing 3-1 . Incredible

0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:09 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:03 pm
What an atmosphere. We we losing 3-1 . Incredible

I was there that day mate. Great stuff indeed, apart from that cunt Hackett.
1 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:11 am

We forgot these blokes are human too sometimes - heres hoping for a great 2019/20 Jacl

1 x

Social Media