Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 3429
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil
x 655
x 474

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:59 pm

palerider wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:57 pm
I may treat myself to a wank.
Weekend off for the Yak Pale?
2 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 8117
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 319
x 777

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:03 pm

Only back from London just now. Still at the Yakkery.

Some damage tomorrow though.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
Towie
Posts: 1751
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:06 pm
x 178
x 117

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Towie » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:09 pm

Good win, didn’t see that coming.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

User avatar
BCHammer
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: Vancouver BC
x 1
x 82

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BCHammer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:11 pm

Hardly got any of that with the stream going down and backwards all the time

All I can conclude, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, is that Antonio is the first name on the team sheet.

Balbuena must have pissed in Pelles cornflakes big time for Oggy to start again. From what I saw he wasn't toooooo bad though? Nice yellow, need more of that sometimes.

Oh, and #marknobleforprimeminister
0 x

User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 3047
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm
x 77
x 227

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BillyDWhizz » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:13 pm

So much better after Antonio came on, turned out to be quite comfortable in the end. Ogbonna with his usual mistake cost us a goal but after that he was mostly ok. The fact he only starts because Pelle likes a left footed and a right footed CB combination is a bit worrying though since we have better options at CB who should be starting.

All in all a decent result with signs that some of our players are starting to click and signs that some aren't. Still think a back 3 would be worth a try though.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

User avatar
Flairon
Posts: 1757
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, U.S.A.
x 82
x 78
Contact:

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Flairon » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:13 pm

brookingslovechild wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:53 pm
Flairon wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:45 pm
If stays like this, it has to be said that the result just papers over the cracks.
Not watching the game Flair, but is a 1-3 away win peering over cracks, looks on paper like a good result ?
Nothing wrong with the result mate. However, defensively we are a shambles. Watford should have been 2-1 before took the lead. A better team would have punished us.

If we hope to push on we have to defend better as a team.
Last edited by Flairon on Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Flairon

User avatar
Flairon
Posts: 1757
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, U.S.A.
x 82
x 78
Contact:

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Flairon » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:14 pm

brookingslovechild wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:53 pm
Flairon wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:45 pm
If stays like this, it has to be said that the result just papers over the cracks.
Not watching the game Flair, but is a 1-3 away win peering over cracks, looks on paper like a good result ?
Nothing wrong with the result mate. However, defensively we are a shambles. Watford should have been 2-1 before took the lead. A better team would have punished us.

If we hope to push on we have to defend better as a team.
Last edited by Flairon on Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Flairon

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 5370
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 270
x 502

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Brookbonds73 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:14 pm

palerider wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:03 pm
Only back from London just now. Still at the Yakkery.

Some damage tomorrow though.
And that's without any grease.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 5944
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am
x 321
x 409

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by IronsForever » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:15 pm

BCHammer wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:11 pm
Hardly got any of that with the stream going down and backwards all the time

All I can conclude, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, is that Antonio is the first name on the team sheet.

Balbuena must have pissed in Pelles cornflakes big time for Oggy to start again. From what I saw he wasn't toooooo bad though? Nice yellow, need more of that sometimes.

Oh, and #marknobleforprimeminister
The only reason i can see Oggy starting over the General is that Diop prefers right center defense being right footed. Probably the General favors that side also so Oggy being left footed is more suited to that left central position. The guy is way too unpredictable though. Him and Masuaku together are not great combo lol
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 5370
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 270
x 502

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Brookbonds73 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Now where's that mouthy cunt deeney!
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Post Reply

Social Media