England

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

England

Post by palerider » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:00 am

Fucking shambles last night. And Declan can't be excused either.

Bilic out.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

IronsForever

Re: England

Post by IronsForever » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:55 am

Southgates fault. He set up at halfway house. It wasn,t an attacking system or a system that defends and hits on the break. No suprises for the Czech with that set up. Either go with 2 strikers in form with Abrahams and Cal Wilson , with Sterling as a no.10 with Barkley and Maddison behind and Dec as the holding or sit back with Kane and play counter attacking footy.
I would have picked players in form. Rashford , Kane and Rose are all going through bad times with club. Put the fresh lads on who are in top form. Poor system that never really tgrouble them. It was only steriling efforts that could have won us the game. Can you imagine Sterling , Cal Wilson and Abrahams as a trio? Maddison could have sat close to Rice giving Barkely spot just in front like Lanzini.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:22 am

IronsForever wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:55 am
Southgates fault. He set up at halfway house. It wasn,t an attacking system or a system that defends and hits on the break. No suprises for the Czech with that set up. Either go with 2 strikers in form with Abrahams and Cal Wilson , with Sterling as a no.10 with Barkley and Maddison behind and Dec as the holding or sit back with Kane and play counter attacking footy.
I would have picked players in form. Rashford , Kane and Rose are all going through bad times with club. Put the fresh lads on who are in top form. Poor system that never really tgrouble them. It was only steriling efforts that could have won us the game. Can you imagine Sterling , Cal Wilson and Abrahams as a trio? Maddison could have sat close to Rice giving Barkely spot just in front like Lanzini.
He has a chance to redeem himself on Monday - whilst Phil Neville is not enjoying being asked direct questions...it's as if the press are questioning whether he really is a tactical genius...
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:35 am

Sometimes you have to go hands up and say you were beaten by a better side...which the Cheks
were....shut England down,stopped them playing and had some great movement of their own,
certainly become a very good side...

But how you leave a CF alone during an attack,on the Penalty Spot with 2 yards of space around
beggars belief.....deserve to lose you do that...

Would have Started with Rashford and Barclay...instead of Sancho and Mount,in what was a bit of
a must winner....then swapped them over for the easier Bulgaria game maybe....if we'd won....
But WTF do I know.... :lol:
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:56 am

mkhammer wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:35 am
Sometimes you have to go hands up and say you were beaten by a better side...which the Cheks
were....shut England down,stopped them playing and had some great movement of their own,
certainly become a very good side...

But how you leave a CF alone during an attack,on the Penalty Spot with 2 yards of space around
beggars belief.....deserve to lose you do that...

Would have Started with Rashford and Barclay...instead of Sancho and Mount,in what was a bit of
a must winner....then swapped them over for the easier Bulgaria game maybe....if we'd won....
But WTF do I know.... :lol:
The players need to concentrate on football,the accurate passing part. And it's not easy to keep that concentration when your planning on sprinting off the pitch at the first sign of a loud boo...Danny Rose who takes himself more seriously than people give him credit,would be the first to excuse himself from the playing area - and we all know what an inconsolable loss that would be...
1 x

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:02 pm

None of them covered themselves in glory, but Keane is probably as bad a centre back as I've ever seen play for England. Dec's getting Petlers again online, but nothing new there I suppose :roll:
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:06 pm

Didn't watch the game but it was on in the boozer and someone made a comment afterwards that I thought made a lot of sense.

He said playing for England must be a nightmare when there are fans who support other clubs who get on the case of players who play for rivals. He actually used Rice as one of his examples. Said West Ham fans were slagging off Dier before Rice got called up and now Spurs fans are slagging off Rice and clamouring for Winks to come in. He used some other examples as well and, tbh, I think the bloke has a point.

Going back many years I was probably guilty of it myself. I always thought Terry Butcher was totally overrated and only kept his England place because of his connections with Robson at Ipswich. I know a lot of people agree with that, but part of my reservations about Butcher was because I felt Alvin Martin was a far superior player, whilst many who agree with my first points preferred other central defenders to our Alvin.

And to keep the great unwashed happy shouldn't the title of this thread be INGERLUND ? ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:44 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:22 am
IronsForever wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:55 am
He has a chance to redeem himself on Monday - whilst Phil Neville is not enjoying being asked direct questions...it's as if the press are questioning whether he really is a tactical genius...
For me he hasn,t the ability to change a system during the game. Lets face it Southgate got lucky with the draw in world cup and isn,t a recognized manager.. I doubt any Premiership club in the top 10 would employ him. Now Pooch is a tactical genuis and Klopp. They have the ability to play a number of systems .
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:06 pm
Didn't watch the game but it was on in the boozer and someone made a comment afterwards that I thought made a lot of sense.

He said playing for England must be a nightmare when there are fans who support other clubs who get on the case of players who play for rivals. He actually used Rice as one of his examples. Said West Ham fans were slagging off Dier before Rice got called up and now Spurs fans are slagging off Rice and clamouring for Winks to come in. He used some other examples as well and, tbh, I think the bloke has a point.

Going back many years I was probably guilty of it myself. I always thought Terry Butcher was totally overrated and only kept his England place because of his connections with Robson at Ipswich. I know a lot of people agree with that, but part of my reservations about Butcher was because I felt Alvin Martin was a far superior player, whilst many who agree with my first points preferred other central defenders to our Alvin.

And to keep the great unwashed happy shouldn't the title of this thread be INGERLUND ? ;)
Social media allows your average " Gimp" to be heard. I take a brief glimpse at a few comments. Just bored, frustrated , guys who don,t speak to hardly anyone all week because they cant hold down a meaningful conversation.
Eggo is flat so they pump it up on the Social Media.
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:15 pm

And the second of four Barren weekends because of that borefest.

Time for a rethink.

Why dont all these do-good WHUISA's and Hammers United's get behind this instead of tilting at windmills.?

"Restore our regular 3.00 pm Saturday games "
0 x

Social Media