Is Pellegrini playing a blinder.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Is Pellegrini playing a blinder.

Post by Brookbonds73 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:03 pm

By deliberately losing the dressing room?
By that I mean tactics, formations etc, to enhance his chances of getting the chop.
Has he realised that it's simply impossible to push this club forward under the current ownership and is therefore doing his utmost to get his compensation and look for one last hurrah in Asia or closer to his native homeland.
Are the owners still interfering in transfers undermining him and his backroom staff? Maybe, let's face it they have previous. Personally I can't believe that three decent (not exceptional) manager's can fall from grace that easily without some help from the powers that be. Bilic is doing well at West brom, Moyes, given an opportunity could still do a good job and Pellegrini surely given his record elsewhere cannot be that bad. He surely is experienced enough to put things right, or does he simply not want to, for the above reason.
This squad of ours shouldn't be where it is, it's not top six, but it's not relegation material either. We've had our usual injuries that's a given, but are the replacements Pellegrini or husillos signings or stopgaps signed by the owners to appease the fans, as a smokescreen to ensure season ticket sales at the start of this sorry campaign. Pellegrini must have known the glaring deficiencies in our squad at the start of the season, but was he told to make do?
Surely a makeshift second string Millwall keeper wasn't Pellegrini's choice, or a keeper who can't catch a cold his choice either. Fornals may well have been his doing, so far it hasn't worked out, but he's not been given much of a start, so the juries still out on him. Which leaves Ajeti, that signing stunk of a Sugo intervention the minute he signed for us, an international bought for around 10 million bang on or as near to deadline day.
I have my own thoughts on our current form, and whilst the buck stops with the manager, for me it goes much deeper than that. For a team to suddenly drop like a stone like we have, being beaten out of sight by mediocre teams week in week out, there has to be something fundamentally wrong.
Personally I think Pellegrini has had enough and realised that he has made one of the biggest errors of his managerial career, he's been paid a king's ransom by the owners, to make a silk purse out of a sows ear, on a shoestring budget, and in doing so his managerial credentials have taken an absolute hammering.
One thing is absolutely certain at this club and that is any successful younger manager will not be employed by these people as he may just Rock the boat a little too much and show them up for what they really are.
Two Bob shysters, whose Christmases came all at once, when West Ham became available to buy.
But let's all remember they saved us, right!
2 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Re: Is Pellegrini playing a blinder.

Post by terrya1965 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:21 pm

I was thinking similar.

I am sure I wrote this on a post?

I think you are right,he didn't get the players he wanted and it`s his way of getting out.

Did Allardyce do the same?We were third in the table,Allardyce wanted a new contract,but they said,he would have to wait till the end of the season and then it went all pear shaped.His insistence to put Nolan & Carroll in the team tipped the dressing room and we dropped like a stone.
0 x

deanox

Post by deanox » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:43 pm

Can’t argue with that.
Mourinho would not come to us and the Dave’s wouldn’t pay anyway.
Moyes is available 😂😂😂😂😂
Tbh I think pelle is not the right guy as baller cannot play up front alone.
Do a frank and get the youth in early to save our season.
Holland has to be given a chance and what’s the name of the striker, skully or sometlike thatgive em a go ffs we couldn’t be any worse.
1 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:17 pm

deanox wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:43 pm
Can’t argue with that.
Moyes is available 😂😂😂😂😂
Holland has to be given a chance and what’s the name of the striker, skully or sometlike thatgive em a go ffs we couldn’t be any worse.
Getting Moyes back is no joke.. And if i was Moyes and the twins approached to keep us up i would ask treble what i got paid last time for fucking him off after.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:48 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:17 pm
deanox wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:43 pm
Can’t argue with that.
Moyes is available 😂😂😂😂😂
Getting Moyes back is no joke.. And if i was Moyes and the twins approached to keep us up i would ask treble what i got paid last time for fucking him off after.
I wouldn't touch us with a barge pole Irons.
We're a poisonous outfit from top to bottom. The only thing that's ok is the owners bank balance that's swells year in year out. You'd have thought we'd have made some tiny steps forward since the move, but we've gone like an Italian tank during WW2. Backwards.
1 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:54 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:48 pm
IronsForever wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:17 pm

I wouldn't touch us with a barge pole Irons.
We're a poisonous outfit from top to bottom. The only thing that's ok is the owners bank balance that's swells year in year out. You'd have thought we'd have made some tiny steps forward since the move, but we've gone like an Italian tank during WW2. Backwards.
Hear what your saying mate and i hate the Dwarf but the squad was decent at the start of the season.. The manager is playing the wring system. The players have no faith in what they are being asked to do. Get him out now before we dig a hole we cannot climb out.. We have just came out of 4 games against . Palace, Sheff Utd, Newcastle and Burnley with ONE SINGLE POINT. We now have tougher games with a village idiot in goal. No Antonio, No Lanzini, No Noble or Whilshire.
Make no mistake we are in big trouble. We have 2 weeks now. Use that time to sack Pelle and find a manager with balls and grit and wouldnt replace a holding mid player away from home after 6 mins with a winger hahahaha. Comical and Sad.
If Pellegrini doesnt drop Roberto for the spurs game then that would confirm 100% that he is senile . He was responsible for all 3 goals
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:02 am

We have conceded 6 goals all from set pieces in the last two games. How does that fit into the hypothesis? The manager tells them not to defend them? The manager tells the keeper to punch it into his own net?

Something is happening, but more like an Arnie situation IMO. Who knows what, but Oggy is involved in it for sure.

Our best player being injured just creates the perfect storm.

If things are super toxic in the dressing room, then the last thing we want to do is bring our youngsters into it.
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:09 am

IronsForever wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:54 pm
[quote=Brookbonds73 post_id=221546 time=15733433

Hear what your saying mate and i hate the Dwarf but the squad was decent at the start of the season.. The manager is playing the wring system. The players have no faith in what they are being asked to do. Get him out now before we dig a hole we cannot climb out.. We have just came out of 4 games against . Palace, Sheff Utd, Newcastle and Burnley with ONE SINGLE POINT. We now have tougher games with a village idiot in goal. No Antonio, No Lanzini, No Noble or Whilshire.
Make no mistake we are in big trouble. We have 2 weeks now. Use that time to sack Pelle and find a manager with balls and grit and wouldnt replace a holding mid player away from home after 6 mins with a winger hahahaha. Comical and Sad.
I agree mate. But you and I both know these cunts won't stump up the compensation, which by all accounts is somewhere between 10 and 15 million.
They may well string it out until the January transfer window, just to lower the compo but then they'd have to give a new manager some kind of transfer kitty to get us out of the shit. That said of course they'd have to defer their 40 million loan from the club.
Proper fans would do that, but we all know these people despite swearing their undying allegiance as hammers fans are not really fans at all, just money grabbing shysters.
I thought the cearns and the browns of this world were vile, but these three have taken it to a far superior level.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:33 am

It6's a valid point but I'd say no. When you have amassed as much money as MP no doubt has an extra million or three doesn't make a lot of difference. If I was in his shoes, with his record, I'd be mightily pissed off the way things have turned out. Because it's my reputation that is suffering.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:17 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:33 am
It6's a valid point but I'd say no. When you have amassed as much money as MP no doubt has an extra million or three doesn't make a lot of difference. If I was in his shoes, with his record, I'd be mightily pissed off the way things have turned out. Because it's my reputation that is suffering.

Personally I don't think he cares anymore, he has enough gold stars in his wardrobe, to say been there done that. He has had that hang dog look about him for a while now and his team are beaten before a balls been kicked. For me the final straw was last week, putting zabaleta up against possibly the fastest player in the league. Even a novice manager at any level wouldn't make such an obvious mistake. And that for me was a big fuck you sack me statement to the owners.
I think deep down he knows his race is run (there's always China, again!) The premier League is no place for a bloke his age, only woy is older and he's never won or likely to win anything.
0 x

Social Media