Could it all turn toxic??

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Could it all turn toxic??

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:57 pm

Next home game vs the ‘beloved’ Spuds.
Picture it....no changes of note made by MP.... a pressure cooker atmosphere, Harry Kane arrives with his shooting boots on and we’re 3 or 4 down at the hour mark.

Will we see a crowd reaction resembling the 3-0 home loss to Burnley?
I don’t think it would be that bad but I can still see it being pretty fucking toxic if MP and his clowns turn up and down tools again...especially against Tottenham where the extremes of emotions are multiplied ten-fold.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Gonzo

Re: Could it all turn toxic??

Post by Gonzo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:22 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:57 pm
Picture it....no changes of note made by MP.... a pressure cooker atmosphere, Harry Kane arrives with his shooting boots on and we’re 3 or 4 down at the hour mark.

I don’t think it would be that bad but I can still see it being pretty fucking toxic if MP and his clowns turn up and down tools again...especially against Tottenham where the extremes of emotions are multiplied ten-fold.

No mate, there were special circumstances that day.

The fans had been whipped up into a fervor with the promise of a march. Flags were ordered and printed, hotels had been booked, the demonstration route planned, speakers organised and £26,000 raised to fund the event.

Everyone was told that they were marching against the board to enforce change.

Then all of a sudden the organisers pulled the rug following a meeting with Sullivan.

The trouble was that people were still unhappy, many had spent a lot of money and made a special pilgrimage for the event and weren't amused at the cancellation. As the goals started to flow frustration boiled over and the rest is history.

A heavy loss to Spurs is more likely to result in lots of booing and an empty stadium at half-time imo.
2 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:43 pm

ToneLoc wrote:

Hopefully.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:10 pm

what bb said this lot need teacing a proper lesson if i had my way :shock:
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:17 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:22 pm
ToneLoc wrote:

The fans had been whipped up into a fervor with the promise of a march. Flags were ordered and printed, hotels had been booked, the demonstration route planned, speakers organised and £26,000 raised to fund the event.

Then all of a sudden the organisers pulled the rug following a meeting with Sullivan.

The trouble was that people were still unhappy, many had spent a lot of money and made a special pilgrimage for the event and weren't amused at the cancellation. As the goals started to flow frustration boiled over and the rest is history.

A heavy loss to Spurs is more likely to result in lots of booing and an empty stadium at half-time imo.
Yeah I agree mate and as you say, those were highly exceptional circumstances. But although I don’t foresee a full-scale revolt like we saw that day...... combine more stubbornness from MP, another abject display with a spanking by the Spuds and I think it may get a little more ‘tasty’ than just booing and empty seats.
For example, a lot of the subjects of the early-days anger may well cop a backlash......stewards, bar staff etc.
Soft targets who, for those that resented the move represent the move.
I really hope it doesn’t come to that but I’m genuinely concerned there’ll be some shenanigans if we get a tonking.

The one saving grace may be that it’s an early kick off so people won’t be as juiced up.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:46 pm

Probably won't be a repeat of Burnley, which was one of those games against a team which, according to many, "we should be beating comfortably". We didn't and that was probably what caused the blue touch paper to get lit.

Most sensible fans will have already written off the game against Spurs so unless it's an absolute 5 or 6 goal spanking I reckon it will be a case of shrugged shoulders and an acceptance of things.

Funnily enough I think the Chelsea game could be our nemesis. Lampard detests the club and the fans so he will have his lot well up for that game. He will want to rub noses in the shit that's for sure.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:04 pm

ToneLoc wrote:

Honestly was thinking the same thing Tone. If Pellegrini is still here and we find ourselves 2-0 down early on i could see people on the pitch etc..
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:05 pm

I agree Fat frank and his old man will relish fucking us over.
Got a Funny feeling we’ll turn the Red Sea pedestrians over, fuck knows why.
0 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:22 pm
ToneLoc wrote:

I wouldn’t be so sure of that
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:08 pm

jhammers wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:04 pm
ToneLoc wrote:

Honestly was thinking the same thing Tone. If Pellegrini is still here and we find ourselves 2-0 down early on i could see people on the pitch etc..
At least the points deduction which would probably follow any pitch invasions similar to last time would enable us to prepare early for life in the Championship. Every cloud, and all that. :lol:
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media