Anyone Else Think Football Fans Are Being Taken For A Ride?

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Anyone Else Think Football Fans Are Being Taken For A Ride?

Post by terrya1965 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:06 am

Sky,BT and now Amazon are taking a subscription off the punters to watch live Football.

Funny,how the prices don't really change?

Someone said on the Radio,it`s good for competition.What B*LLOCKS!..It`s good for Chairman like ours,to put more money in their pockets,more like.
2 x

Towie

Re: Anyone Else Think Football Fans Are Being Taken For A Ride?

Post by Towie » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:53 am

Demand for live football is at a high, I pay it because I want to watch the football.
If you don’t like it don’t pay for it, simple supply & demand economics my friend.

If they didn’t do it someone else would.
1 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:20 am

At last . Footy on a channel I already have access to .

Makes a fucking change .
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am

Fuck knows about any tv rights but Hammers fans are definitely being taken for a ride. :)
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:41 am

No one's being taken for a ride. Back in the pre Sky days if we were lucky we got one free to air game every 2 weeks or so. Not too long before that pretty much the only live matches, apart from World Cups and Euro Championships, were cup finals,

And no one is holding a gun to anyone's head to force them to cough up are they ? As for Amazon Prime just take out the month's free trial subscription and cancel it before the month is up.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:09 am

Amazon Prime reads like a delicious steak and at £7.99 is a decent price. Does anybody think the whole experience will be advertisement free or will it be Chevrolet & Budweiser logos tastefully displayed like all the other classy networks.

Be nice to see hear what Jermaine Jenas is thinking too,because if you don't watch BBC,SKY,BT you wouldn't have a clue
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:10 am

Personally I wouldn’t give them a fucking tanner but as long as the punters pay the prices nothing will ever change.

Plenty of free options nowadays if you’re football pissed.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:50 am

Newmarket wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:20 am
At last . Footy on a channel I already have access to .

Makes a fucking change .
Yeah same as mate,in fact it's the final part of Amazon taking my life over... :lol:
Get all my books,music,in fact anything now...wanted a washer for a tap last week,couldn't
be arsed to drive into town hunt one down...one click on amazon...12 hours later,knock at the
door...
What TV i do watch is via them...they have Canning town Len's... :lol: Documentary on now
as well.
Watch any game I want thru different Apps and downloads,in fact any sport...

Fuck me sounding like a bloody Advert for them...gonna shut up... :lol:

Being serious...loss leader for them at moment...but a worry where it might end up...a perfect
set up for revenue would be ..2 or 3 games every day/night screened live,be tricky,but
halfway doable..
Slowly edging that way...traditional Saturdays ...thing of the past..fuckin shame.
0 x

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:54 am

Wouldn't mind if they were all on Amazon to be honest, for those that can't get to games regularly and have to stream it would be good news. There is a lot of football on TV and if you support Liverpool, Man U or City then you will get to watch your team every week. If you support Southampton you will probably only get to watch your side play when they are playing one of the top teams. Surely its time for TV season tickets so you can watch the team you support week in week out instead of the top six, people will say its bad for attendances but Liverpool are on Sky every week and their ground is full.
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:53 pm

Towie wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:53 am
Demand for live football is at a high, I pay it because I want to watch the football.
If you don’t like it don’t pay for it, simple supply & demand economics my friend.

If they didn’t do it someone else would.
So you think it`s right for us to get fleeced for more and more money every season?

So if we have 12 different companies doing live football,will you will still be happy to pay?

It`s mugs like you,that are getting us fans ripped off,because you think it`s acceptable.
0 x

Social Media