Sold a pup ?

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
palerider
Posts: 8491
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 369
x 903

Sold a pup ?

Post by palerider » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:31 pm

At the same age, Andy Carroll was a better player than Haller.

Haller stank the place out tonight and don't give me the 'should have a partner' argument (although he should), he could at least break sweat.

looks like he doesn't give a fuck. Get rid. We don't play to his strength it's said. Which is what exactly ? It's a sad sign that an injury prone winger is a better bet at centre-forward.

We were crap tonight but at least a forward creating some space would give us a chance instead of a lump just standing still.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 2211
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 39
x 259

Re: Sold a pup ?

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes a fucking French poodle.
0 x

User avatar
Castiron
Posts: 2876
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 6:22 pm
x 87
x 191

Re: Sold a pup ?

Post by Castiron » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:49 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:31 pm
At the same age, Andy Carroll was a better player than Haller.

Haller stank the place out tonight and don't give me the 'should have a partner' argument (although he should), he could at least break sweat.

looks like he doesn't give a fuck. Get rid. We don't play to his strength it's said. Which is what exactly ? It's a sad sign that an injury prone winger is a better bet at centre-forward.

We were crap tonight but at least a forward creating some space would give us a chance instead of a lump just standing still.
Ask yourself why does every supposed decent striker look like a bag of shit when they come to us? Is it coincidence?.
4 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 7326
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: San Diego California
x 246
x 91
Contact:

Re: Sold a pup ?

Post by Taansend » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:02 pm

He's quality. There's just something wrong at the club
7 x

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 4637
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm
x 422
x 360

Re: Sold a pup ?

Post by Clayton » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:03 pm

Castiron wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:49 pm
palerider wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:31 pm
At the same age, Andy Carroll was a better player than Haller.

Haller stank the place out tonight and don't give me the 'should have a partner' argument (although he should), he could at least break sweat.

looks like he doesn't give a fuck. Get rid. We don't play to his strength it's said. Which is what exactly ? It's a sad sign that an injury prone winger is a better bet at centre-forward.

We were crap tonight but at least a forward creating some space would give us a chance instead of a lump just standing still.
Ask yourself why does every supposed decent striker look like a bag of shit when they come to us? Is it coincidence?.
Crap managers ?
2 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 8491
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 369
x 903

Re: Sold a pup ?

Post by palerider » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:17 pm

Turn back time.

Arnie, greedy and moody fucker that he is, wants more money. A fuck-sight more actually. And a joke league will pay it.

Sullivan says ok you Serb cunt, We rely on you so much, here's 20 million. Roughly the same amount that we paid for Haller minus the Arnie money.

Arnie says thanks. Pays off the Albanian bookies, plays, runs the channels creating space, scores his quota. Moans a bit. Everything Haller can't do because the Bundesliga is totally different football. More technical, less physical. For a big bloke he's a bit of a woose isn't he ? Nice touch though. That means what ?

I'll give you he doesn't moan.



Fast forward, Would we now be in 13th place ? Or lower ? (haven't bothered to check).

I think not.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
Castiron
Posts: 2876
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 6:22 pm
x 87
x 191

Re: Sold a pup ?

Post by Castiron » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:19 pm

Clayton wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:03 pm
Castiron wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:49 pm

Ask yourself why does every supposed decent striker look like a bag of shit when they come to us? Is it coincidence?.
Crap managers ?
The whole fucking set up is a shambles isn't it?
0 x

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 4637
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm
x 422
x 360

Re: Sold a pup ?

Post by Clayton » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:22 pm

Castiron wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:19 pm
Clayton wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:03 pm


Crap managers ?
The whole fucking set up is a shambles isn't it?
Yep , pellegrini trying to play next level football with a championship squad .
1 x

User avatar
punkrockhammer
Posts: 2504
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:49 am
x 41
x 289

Re: Sold a pup ?

Post by punkrockhammer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:11 am

Castiron wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:49 pm
palerider wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:31 pm
At the same age, Andy Carroll was a better player than Haller.

Haller stank the place out tonight and don't give me the 'should have a partner' argument (although he should), he could at least break sweat.

looks like he doesn't give a fuck. Get rid. We don't play to his strength it's said. Which is what exactly ? It's a sad sign that an injury prone winger is a better bet at centre-forward.

We were crap tonight but at least a forward creating some space would give us a chance instead of a lump just standing still.
Ask yourself why does every supposed decent striker look like a bag of shit when they come to us? Is it coincidence?.
This
0 x

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 5661
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 354
x 650

Re: Sold a pup ?

Post by Brookbonds73 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:16 am

Personally playing Haller up top on his own is 40 odd mil down the swanee. There's a player in there but he needs help. Like as already been said, we have a nasty tendency to turn good players in to shit, practically overnight. I watched zaza when he played for us and the bloke was making runs, pointing where he wanted the ball and never got the pass, in the end he just gave up. The crowd got on his back and the rest is history. Haller will end up the same, because with us there's no fucking plan, we just buy a player and HOPE he fits in.
Instead of thinking we'll buy a player and work out a system that suits everyone and play to his strengths, we just blindly go ahead and hope for the best.
If there's no plan in place, it simply doesn't work, which fits in very nicely with the Sugo way of approaching football, absolutely no fucking idea whatsoever.
It says an awful lot, when we're reliant on a injury prone makeshift centre forward to get us out of the shit, he didn't play tonight, we had no backup plan, and no fucking idea.
3 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Post Reply

Social Media