Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:49 pm

Macca666 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:58 pm
BlackDiamond wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:59 am
I'm a bit disappointed with the BBC media coverage,as it is tilted to the more sensationalist reporting and not behaving like mature journalism.

Consider these two examples.

LIVE Virus surges in US as death toll passes 1,000 - sounds fucking terrible doesn't it,until you look at the mortality rate 1.5% (compared with the UK 4.9%)

Coronavirus victim,21,had no health issues - this is alarming right...but when you delve into it,the verification of covid-19 is an opinion made by her family...it's not even been confirmed by any medical investigation

So come on BBC,your better than this juvenile trash - get the kids off the keyboards and get some fucking intelligence in the house, before you press the publish key...
Without wanting to upset anyone but from what I've read public health England actually down graded the threat of covid19 just last week to not as serious a threat as first feared, suggesting death rates wont be any higher than influenza. The bbc are apparently fully aware of this Down grading but as of yet are refusing to report it. To put things in perspective malaria kills as many as 750000 a year, of which the majority are black and African so nobody gives a fuck.
Just another stat to but things in perspective, some experts on the virus are reporting that the death rate could be as low as 0.4 % worldwide, worldwide the murder rate is 0.3 %.
What's interesting about influenza rates is they can swing wildly year by year. And accurately determining which death was attributed sorely by flu is a difficult analysis.

Let's consider the 616,014 deaths registered in the UK in 2018. That was a 1.5% increase on 607,172 in 2017.
So that increase might be down to the flu or it might be down to something else. Age and bad luck perhaps
However these are big numbers,that's an average of 1,663 deaths per day

Back to Corona fatalities. All they show is somebody died who also tested positive for Corona. A lot of those deaths
might actually be due to other associated things. And Corona was the tipping point or the best convenient label available.

We won't know this until it's all passed,but if the real mortality rate turns out to be much lower than we have been told,then crashing the economy is going to take a lot of explaining.
0 x

Macca666

Post by Macca666 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:27 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:49 pm
Macca666 wrote:

Without wanting to upset anyone but from what I've read public health England actually down graded the threat of covid19 just last week to not as serious a threat as first feared, suggesting death rates wont be any higher than influenza. The bbc are apparently fully aware of this Down grading but as of yet are refusing to report it. To put things in perspective malaria kills as many as 750000 a year, of which the majority are black and African so nobody gives a fuck.
Just another stat to but things in perspective, some experts on the virus are reporting that the death rate could be as low as 0.4 % worldwide, worldwide the murder rate is 0.3 %.
What's interesting about influenza rates is they can swing wildly year by year. And accurately determining which death was attributed sorely by flu is a difficult analysis.

Let's consider the 616,014 deaths registered in the UK in 2018. That was a 1.5% increase on 607,172 in 2017.
So that increase might be down to the flu or it might be down to something else. Age and bad luck perhaps

Back to Corona fatalities. All they show is somebody died who also tested positive for Corona. A lot of those deaths
might actually be due to other associated things. And Corona was the tipping point or the best convenient label available.

We won't know this until it's all passed,but if the real mortality rate turns out to be much lower than we have been told,then crashing the economy is going to take a lot of explaining.
Spot on mate, again without wishing to upset anyone but Italy seems to be suffering the most, and the way the media are reporting it you'd think that the death rate for March was off the chart but apparently deaths in March so far are well below 2017 stats. I'm starting to get a little bit suspicious of all this shite.
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:39 pm

Macca666 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:27 pm
BlackDiamond wrote:

Spot on mate, again without wishing to upset anyone but Italy seems to be suffering the most, and the way the media are reporting it you'd think that the death rate for March was off the chart but apparently deaths in March so far are well below 2017 stats. I'm starting to get a little bit suspicious of all this shite.
Well it's interesting because what your data is telling me - if I didn't know better - is some of those people died with the virus not because of the virus. That's the only interpretation that can be inferred.
0 x

Macca666

Post by Macca666 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:23 am

BlackDiamond wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:39 pm
Macca666 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:27 pm

Well it's interesting because what your data is telling me - if I didn't know better - is some of those people died with the virus not because of the virus. That's the only interpretation that can be inferred.
Ukcolumn 25th March on YouTube, sorry not good at doing links hopefully someone can put it up on here, well worth a watch a real eye opener as to what is going on right now, about 30 mins long but I urge you to watch it, I think you will be shocked at what you will hear, I certainly was.
0 x

Noni

Post by Noni » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:47 am

Macca666 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:23 am
BlackDiamond wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:39 pm

Ukcolumn 25th March on YouTube, sorry not good at doing links hopefully someone can put it up on here, well worth a watch a real eye opener as to what is going on right now, about 30 mins long but I urge you to watch it, I think you will be shocked at what you will hear, I certainly was.
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:38 am

Did you applaud the NHS workers at 8pm?

As you were doing it did you wonder why you voted for a party that's been ripping the guts out of the NHS for the last couple of decades?
1 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:52 am

I'd never heard of a Pangolin until now but apparently they're to blame for this whole thing 😆

A bat infected a pangolin & someone ate it.
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (36.45 KiB) Viewed 92 times
0 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:17 am

Taansend wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:52 am
I'd never heard of a Pangolin until now but apparently they're to blame for this whole thing 😆

A bat infected a pangolin & someone ate it.

unnamed.jpg
A very high pressure life being a pangolin.... :| :| :|

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/05/opin ... olins.html
0 x

whu

Post by whu » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:23 am

Newmarket wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:02 pm
whu wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:48 pm
bunch of cunts …. especially the commie nev, tree-hugging mincer..... :lol: ;) whufc_crest
Snood at all Adolf ? :D
I know a bloke that does triffic snoods whufc_crest ones... for those interested. :)
1 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:40 am

BlackDiamond wrote:
Macca666 wrote:

Totally agree with all that BD...not up for any argument anyway,cos it's all documented facts..
which is vitally important,and the Government,Medical experts,Scientists would be fully aware
of these stats...However..
Because of the Unknown factor behind it,and no vaccine at the moment to counter it..
Can it mutate...which viruses can do.
At this moment in time we have to treat it like the Plague has returned.

If we said ,look we have a problem,but looks like it's not to bad,it's just basically a cold,flu like
symptoms in some cases...people wouldn't be doing what they doing now,we have to crush it soon as.
Only time I would allow for some gentle Scaremongering( which I hate)just to push us
a little bit more in being more aware than we maybe need to be.
And end of the day..although the deaths directly caused by this is prob a lot lower,it's still
taking a lot us before our times up.
Main problem is not the actual decease itself,as bad as it is....it's people blocking up the NHS system
with what is a heavy cold...and peoples life saving cancer treatments are taking a back seat to that.
Operations being cancelled...someone may have developed a problem...Heart for instance,
and they can't or wont go to a Doctors surgery to get an appointment.
Is why the Government keeping on saying..take the pressure of the NHS,by not spreading this thing
around.
Think the Government are doing all they can a moment...didn't agree first of all with some of
the closing down of everything social ,but get it now..

I really didn't think we could handle the economics of this....having enough resources to pay
the countries wages,for a few months...thats unbelievable...with out that capability from
our Government...this virus thing would be taking a back seat..to shitloads of civil unrest.
0 x

Social Media