Forum announcement

Chat about anything football related here!

Gonzo

Forum announcement

Post by Gonzo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:24 am

Firstly I hope that you are keeping well in these fucked up times.

I would just like to tell everyone who's waiting for their forum registration to be approved that I am getting them processed.

Unfortunately we've had an unprecedented number of spam/bot/aggressive accounts try and apply and each one has to be declined individually.

To ensure the forum doesn't crash I'm only activating accounts with a familiar generic emails (hotmail, yahoo, Gmail etc) that are accompanied by a friendly IP from an established broadband provider.

Please bear with me because each new application takes 5 mins to check thoroughly and I get between 15 & 20 per day (at least half of which are spam).

If you are having trouble with logins & passwords not working from established accounts please notify me on Twitter @GONZObignose or email hammerschat@gmail.com telling us your username and email used to register. I'll then set you up with a new password.

Hopefully that all makes sense.

Be lucky and stay safe.
1 x

Newmarket

Re: Forum announcement

Post by Newmarket » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:08 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:24 am

I would just like to tell everyone who's waiting for their forum registration to be approved that I am getting them processed.

Unfortunately we've had an unprecedented number of spam/bot/aggressive accounts try and apply and each one has to be declined individually.

To ensure the forum doesn't crash I'm only activating accounts with a familiar generic emails (hotmail, yahoo, Gmail etc) that are accompanied by a friendly IP from an established broadband provider.

Please bear with me because each new application takes 5 mins to check thoroughly and I get between 15 & 20 per day (at least half of which are spam).

If you are having trouble with logins & passwords not working from established accounts please notify me on Twitter @GONZObignose or email hammerschat@gmail.com telling us your username and email used to register. I'll then set you up with a new password.

Be lucky and stay safe.
Still alive then ? :lol:
1 x
Bring back Jonathon !

Taansend

Re: Forum announcement

Post by Taansend » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:12 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:08 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:24 am

Be lucky and stay safe.
Still alive then ? :lol:
The wording looks like that of a bot
0 x

Social Media