Ray winston

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Gerry G

Re: Ray winston

Postby Gerry G » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:56 pm

Do you know how long Ray Barton got mate,and what for,i asked my lad but apparently it’s not the done thing to ask each other such details.I asked around about him and seems he is a proper heavyweight villain made a fortune apparently also heard he can be a good guy very generous one of these dangerous gentlemanly types sounds an interesting fellow just wondered if it’s months or years he is doing hopefully it’s not for anything too ghastly as well
0 x
West Ham till i die

boleynbill

Postby boleynbill » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:12 pm

I think it was 3 years he got for intimidating a witness or perverting the course of justice maybe both I’m not sure i remember reading about it on another forum,the witness was a copper apparently
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Gerry G wrote:
BlackDiamond wrote:

No it was definatly a regular prison visit my lad spoke to the guy the next day and they had both boxed at repton and been freinds since young,at first i thought it was nice but having since learned ray barton is a serious dude it surprised me a man of winstons celeb status was so open about their freindship.

probably wise to keep people like that close Gerry and not fuck them off just because you're on TV. I don't blame him at all mate
0 x

Gerry G

Postby Gerry G » Tue May 01, 2018 8:39 am

Gonzo wrote:
Gerry G wrote:
No it was definatly a regular prison visit my lad spoke to the guy the next day and they had both boxed at repton and been freinds since young,at first i thought it was nice but having since learned ray barton is a serious dude it surprised me a man of winstons celeb status was so open about their freindship.

probably wise to keep people like that close Gerry and not fuck them off just because you're on TV. I don't blame him at all mate

I guess your right Gonzo better friends than enemies with people like that,Bill do you have a link for that mate ?
1 x
West Ham till i die

BilboBaggins

Postby BilboBaggins » Tue May 01, 2018 5:28 pm

This guy Ray Barton is apparently known as "Rolex Ray" . A previous poster says Nigel Benn's been going to visit him. Interestingly enough Benn had a mate called "Rolex Ray" Sullivan - is this the same guy going under 2 different names ?
Seems too much of a coincidence for Benn to have two different mates with the same nickname, also this "Rolex ray" Sullivan was supposed to have been a millionaire and owned a gym, just like Barton ??
0 x

Gerry G

Postby Gerry G » Tue May 01, 2018 10:09 pm

I think your find names like rolex,goldfinger,diamond are nicknames given to a lot of successful modern day criminals a bit like a badge of honour sort of thing,off the top of my head rolex dave king rolex chris fuller goldfinger john palmer.

I guess it speaks volumes about benns choice of mates i know he was also friendly with some of the essex boys gang as well
0 x
West Ham till i die

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Fri May 04, 2018 7:13 am

Gerry G wrote:During the week i was sat in the hall of Highpoint jail in Suffolk on a visit with my son when looking a few tables across i see ray winston sat visiting a bloke that my lad later informs me is a london underworld boss called ray barton i even looked round to see if there was any cameras running :mrgreen: what a bizarre afternoon im just amazed winston was so blasé about who his friends are,he did have a hammers badge on his lapel so he can be forgiven.

Goes to show what a fuckin diamond geezer our Ray is, know wot I mean mush? Sticks to his china's even after old bill gives em a bit of bird. :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

boleynbill

Postby boleynbill » Fri May 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Gerry G wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

I guess your right Gonzo better friends than enemies with people like that,Bill do you have a link for that mate ?

I’m no good with computers Gerry but it was only the last bit of the article anyway so i’ll copy it for you i think it was around June or July last year.

“ Prosecutor Philip Evans Qc said that Mr Barton has amassed an estimated 20 million pound fortune including luxury homes in Essex,London Docklands,Cyprus and has the aura of legitimacy having invested heavily in a catalogue of businesses regularly returning accounts to Companies House,suggesting nothing untoward on the face of it,yet appears to have originally began in business with large amounts of cash and assets for which there remains no explanation.
The ex boxer and former owner of Pumps Gymnasium in Forest Road Walthamstow was acquitted in 2007 accused of putting up the money for the contract killing of a high ranking police officer following Operation Tiberius,the officer later left the country after unsuccessfully bringing a private prosecution against Mr Barton and two other local businessmen.
Alan Compton speaking on behalf of Mr Barton’s legal team stated that a first stage appeal will be lodged against the conviction and sentence over the coming weeks “
0 x
Get out of my club !

Gerry G

Postby Gerry G » Fri May 04, 2018 11:22 pm

righto cheers Bill,bit deeper than i wanted to delve not sure i wanna know anything more tbh,like i said my son met him and described him as a really nice geezer,but a scary looking cunt that stinks of danger.Wide berth i think !
0 x
West Ham till i die

boleynbill

Postby boleynbill » Fri May 18, 2018 9:16 am

Gerry G wrote:righto cheers Bill,bit deeper than i wanted to delve not sure i wanna know anything more tbh,like i said my son met him and described him as a really nice geezer,but a scary looking cunt that stinks of danger.Wide berth i think !

no worries Gerry wide berth probably best i know a few lads on another forum that know him and say his a nice enough bloke but having seen him myself at Upton Park a few times i agree with your son
0 x
Get out of my club !

Return to “Topical Topics”